Mew EX (DRX # 120) {12/20/12}

Vulpix Yolk

\ \ durant gang \ \
296d850.png

Card of the Day: Mew EX​
120-mew-ex.jpg

Artwork: 10/10 hands down
Playaility: 6/10 Without Mewtwo Ex in the format, this card would probably see a little more play, but even then, 120HP for an EX is not that great.

Loving the artwork...not really loving the rest of the card. If Empoleon wasn't so Mewtwo weak, this card would have found a snug place in every competitive player's binder, but besides Empoleon, this card is terrible. 120hp on an EX is bad enough, but a weakness to Mewtwo gives this card some of the worst stats possible for an EX.

7/10 in Empoleon for being a decent way to counter Mewtwo, 0/10 in everything else for being a free two prizes.

It's a combo card. The ability to copy the attack of any pokemon is just asking to be taken advantage of. At the right time, this can be a beast, especially in decks the run multicolor types with prism energy. I've seen it used with empoleon, accelgor, and ninetails. But why not just attack with them? They only give up one prize when they are KO'd and can usually hit more things for weakness.

7/10

I don't think it's complete crap. Especially since you can copy an opponents attack, but it's just too risky. It's a shame because it's a really neat card anyway.

This card is really bad. If you drop it onto your bench at all during the game, then you just gave your opponent 2 free prizes. That's not to mention that Bouffalant can OHKO this card (and Bouffalant is played in both Keldeo/Blastoise and Landorus/Mewtwo/Tornadus).

People say that this card is good in Empoleon because it can counter Mewtwo. I disagree. I did really well with Empoleon earlier on in the format, and I found that Empoleon itself counters Mewtwo. Since it only needs one energy to attack, Mewtwo will hardly be doing any damage to you. If they attack you, you can simply just Max Potion the damage away and 2HKO them.

Hey, Mew-EX is a really cool card... to that 8-year-old scrub that goes to your league. I'd simply just recommend avoiding this card altogether unless you want to give your opponent free prizes. Overall, I'd give this card a 1.5/10.

the art is pretty cool tho

Back