Metroid Edited most recent post. Please read

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Does anyone have maps or a walkthrough I could use so I know where to go? So far I have gotten the bombs a few missile power ups the Spider Ball and pounded 3 Metroids but I need a walkthrough with maps for a better eye as this is my first time playing. I don't have the Nintendo Power issue anymore that had the detailed maps so if someone could send me a link with those maps and a good walkthrough that would help. Right now I am near the area where I defeated the 3rd Metroid. It is the area that has spikes in the room where the 3rd Metroid died after I KO'd it. I am also looking for the 3rd save point as well. Thanks XD.:)

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
RE: Metroid II Return of Samus question.

GameFAQs.com is pretty much the site for walkthroughs and maps.

dmaster out.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
RE: Metroid II Return of Samus question.

Thanks XD. I found a good map late last night. Thanks anyway XD.:)

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
How do I defeat the monster holding the Spring Ball in Metroid II?

I know where it is but I don't know how to defeat the monster. It has a shell on it's back. I tried shooting missiles at it and they don't do damage. When I fire the monster moves closer to me. It bounces and I don't know what to do to get rid of it. Should I wait until I am stronger? If the shell is the weak spot how do I get behind it to shoot it? Thanks XD.:)

EDIT: The monster is called an Arachnus XD.:)

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
RE: How do I defeat the monster holding the Spring Ball in Metroid II?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/gameboy/585799-metroid-ii-return-of-samus/faqs/60882

This should answer all your questions and more.

Delta

Selling colourful Pokemon to Celadon Game Corner
RE: Metroid II The Return of Samus

Merged into a general Metroid II thread. Use this thread to discuss anything related to Metroid II.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member

Thanks guys I got the Spring Ball. The only way to defeat those mosters is to bomb them 5 times. I already got the Varia and just now got the Wave beam. So far so good XD. Man so far it has been pretty easy bur it is just knowing where to go is the hard part. After the Queen is defeated do I need to escape quickly or can I take my time? Thanks XD. I am not that far yet but I need to know beforw I get there. Thanks XD.:)

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

You can take your time. It's basically the end of the game at that point.

dmaster out.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member

So there is not a race to the finish after I beat the queen? Is there a 3 minute escape? Also how many missles does it tak to destroy the queen once I get there? Thanks XD.:)

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Nope, not timed. Just escape and you'll be done. It takes a crapton of missiles to beat the Queen (100+), but it only takes about 10 or so Morph Bombs if you use that strategy.

You do know that that FAQ that was posted by don()shinobi answers all of your questions, right? Just follow it, dude.

dmaster out.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member

YeahI was just making sure as it is my first time ever playing this version XD.:) Thanks man.:)

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member

Sorry for the double post but how do I switch beams? I tried the select button but that is the missile cannon like the Y button is. I have all 4 weapons but want to use the Wave beam inbsome areas. How so I switch XD? Anyway sorry fpr tne double post.:(

Salamencetrainer34

I am out of smash codes.

I'm just taking a shot in the dark, but maybe L/R button? If it doesn't work, maybe L/R button and D-pad?

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member

Oh ok. Icould alsobtry the instruction manual come to think of it too.:)

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

You can't switch the upgradable beams. You're stuck with them IIRC (at the end you can go back to the Ice Beam).

dmaster out.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member

I have that XD. How do I open the menu so it says Create Restore Point? Right now it says Resume Game or Reset. How do I open it so it says that Feature? I am not sure how it got closed. Thanks XD.:)

EDIT: I got it open. For those that don't know how to open Create Resore Point the code is Start+X+R to open the restore point function.:)

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member

Sorry for the double post but I have a question. When battling a Metroid and I have done a lot of damage but I am low on energy but have to leave to refill my energy does the damage done to the Metroid reset or will I be able to finish it off without having to do all that damage again? I see that it is resting but it did not revert to the Gama Metroid like it is when you first encountered it. I am at the one just before the Screw Attack. How many missiles does it take to destroy a Zeta XD?:)

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Zeta Metroids go down in 20 or so missiles. If you leave a room and come back, I'm pretty sure enemy health replenishes (basically the damage you did to it doesn't stay).

dmaster out.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member

Oh great. I did beat it though. I used the doorway passage to my advantage. I waited for it to dive at me took some hits and pelted it with missiles as fast as possible. I also used the glass case to corner it so it could barely move. Not sure how I am going to pound the other 2 Zeta Metroids. Thanks XD.:)

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member

Sorry for the double post. Why does my 6th Energy Tank not fill up even though I got it? Only 5 tanks are present at the bottom left of the screen but why not the 6th tank? I only have to pound the queen now so I am wondering if it is possible to fill the 6th tank? I should have 699 units of energy but I can only see 599 units. Is the last tank a Reserve tank or something? Thanks XD.:)

EDIT: The 6th tank is a Reserve Tank. Just found that out because I died XD. Also I have finished the game. I am surpised how easy the game is. Even the Metroid Queen is easy XD. Thanks to all those who helped. It only took 5 days. Roughly 18 hours XD.:) Play time of course XD.:)