• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Metallic Toolbox

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
I really like Metal Pokemon, and after playing a semi-consistent Dusk Mane Necrozma GX & Magnezone deck, I decided to give Genesect GX a go. At first I was going for a defensive Genesect GX and Heatran/Magearna deck, but then I pulled Doublade at the pre-release and realised what I really want to make. The current non-weakness damage output per turn for it is 300 against a GX (3 Benched Genesect GX with two tools each, 2 other Benched Pokemon with 1 tool each and Doublade with Choice Band in Active and opponent has no tools).

Pokemon
3 Genesect GX LOT
1 Jirachi TEU
1 Pidgey TEU
2 Pidgeotto TEU
4 Honedge TEU
4 Doublade TEU
1 Ditto PRISM LOT

Trainers
4 Cynthia
2 Escape Board
3 Guzma
3 Jasmine
3 Metal Goggles
3 Metal Frying Pan
4 Choice Band
3 Adventure Bag
2 Escape Rope
2 Altar of the Sunne
2 Mt. Coronet
1 Professor Elm’s Lecture

Energy
8 Metal
4 DCE

I know there's only 1 Jirachi and 1 Elm's Lecture, but that's because I don't have more copies as of yet. Apart from that what do you guys think? Any suggestions?

Why so many Metal Energy? You'll mainly want to be attacking with DCE, plus you're playing Mt. Coronets. The energies are probably the first thing I'd cut for the Jirachis. Once you have more Jirachis as well you can probably cut some Jasmine and Elm's for nest balls: nest balls pulls your Genesect, Jirachi, and Honedge. I'm not sure if the pidgeot engine is necessary for this deck. Again, this deck will be infinitely better with full set of Jirachi (I know they're pricy). Hope this helps!

Why so many Metal Energy? You'll mainly want to be attacking with DCE, plus you're playing Mt. Coronets. The energies are probably the first thing I'd cut for the Jirachis. Once you have more Jirachis as well you can probably cut some Jasmine and Elm's for nest balls: nest balls pulls your Genesect, Jirachi, and Honedge. I'm not sure if the pidgeot engine is necessary for this deck. Again, this deck will be infinitely better with full set of Jirachi (I know they're pricy). Hope this helps!

Hmm, it's a good point about the energy, the reason I included this many is because I wanted to make sure that I can attach an energy every turn, in case I don't hit the DCE. Apart from that, I thought about powering up one of the Genesects, just in case I lose a Honedge/Doublade without having another on my bench, but I think I may reduce the number of Metals to maybe 5-6. While I played the Stadiums mostly as a way to remove opponent's stadiums, I can see your point.

I'll definitely aim to have at least 2-3 Jirachi's in this deck, I think 4 would be overkill. I did consider Nest Balls as well as Rescue Stretchers, but wasn't sure how to fit them in. Elm's Lecture I find useful because it also allows me to get Pidgeotto out since it also has 60HP, but again, I see your point, if I were to remove Pidgeotto, I would probably switch over to Nest Balls.

The reason I have 3 Jasmines is because there's nothing better for Metal decks (in my opinion) than hitting her turn 1 for instant set up. The reason I have included Pidgeotto is because in the testing (limited, but still) I did, it proved useful to get tools, Adventure Bags and the most important DCEs when I didn't have them in hand, but I will reconsider whether it's necessary once I do some more testing.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll definitely take it all into consideration!

Back