• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Metal Rayquaza help

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
I'm currently having a hard time finding a good Metal Rayquaza list at the moment for an upcoming league and was wondering if anyone could help me out.

This is the list I am currently using and i'm all open for suggestions.

4 Shaymin EX
1 Rayquaza EX (Dragon Roaring skies)
2 Rayquaza EX (Colourless Roaring skies)
3 Mega Rayquaza EX (Colourless Roaring skies)
2 Hoopa EX
1 Magearna EX
1 Dragonite EX
1 Tauros GX

2 Sycamore
2 Lillie
1 N
1 Skyla
1 Lysandre
1 Hex Maniac

4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra ball
4 Sky Field
4 Puzzle of Time
3 Trainers Mail
3 Mega Turbo
3 Rayquaza Spirit Link
1 Float Stone
1 Escape rope
1 Super rod

5 Basic Metal Energy
4 DCE

Tauros GX VS promo Jirachi is up for debate at the moment, But since pre-releases are starting from next week, this slot will most likely become Tapu Lele GX when the card becomes legal.
I'm also thinking of a slot for the upcoming field blower card, and to use a temporary tool or stadium removal card until it becomes legal (Usually 2 weeks after pre-releases). maybe go down an energy for that and stick the choice of Rattata, Paint Roller or Delinquent in the deck. what are your thoughts on all this.

Im no expert to metal ray but i play lighting ray alot. Heres my deck list (i hope you dont mine, i used your template as i cant be bothered to write out my list from scratch)

4 Shaymin EX
3 Rayquaza EX (Colourless Roaring skies)
3 Mega Rayquaza EX (Colourless Roaring skies)
2 Hoopa EX
1 jolteon EX
1 Dragonite EX
1 Jiratchi

3 Sycamore
1 Brocks grit
1 N
1 Skyla
1 Lysandre
1 Hex Maniac

4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra ball
4 Sky Field
4 Puzzle of Time
4 Trainers Mail
3 Mega Turbo
3 Rayquaza Spirit Link
2 Float Stone
1 Escape rope

4 Lighting energy
4 DCE

I plan on removing one of the trainers mail for a tapu lele gx. Also i dont know if i should run 2 float stone or 1 float stone and 1 super rod

Well for a long time I was running 1 switch, 1 escape rope and 1 float stone. I ended up loosing the switch when playing a non Puzzle variant, and forgot to add it back in, and have no idea what to remove for it again, but not that bothered much by only have 2 retreating cards.
I think the new Pokemon stretcher card in SM2 will be slightly better than super rod, since it keeps the metal energy in the discard pile for mega turbo and still puts 3 Pokemon in the deck which is good. Especially if you only have say 1 metal and 1 Pokemon in the discard pile. Plus you have the option of putting 1 card back into your hand. But for now Super Rod is essential as a 1 of in nearly every deck, but you shouldn't run it with Brocks Grit. its either one card or the other.

I had to look up what rescue stretcher did and yeah thats definitely going to replace one of the float stones instead of the super rod. As for field blower, i think it isn't really needed as you can ohko a ex with a fighting fury belt, however i do see why you would want to play it as parallel citys a thing

Back