Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past
METAL MASSACRE
20fqq0i.jpg

Scream for mercy
He laughs as he’s watching you bleed
Killer behind you
His bloodlust defies all his needs

Welcome, PB members, to the latest installment of my RMTs. This is the fourth OU RMT I’ve made ever since X/Y came out, and the third after Pokebank’s release. I wanted to make a team with a heavy metal theme (team name is an old song collection, and every Pokemon is named after a band), and I experimented with numerous styles and Pokemon. The initial idea was completely different, sharing only one Pokemon (Landorus-T) with its final form, and went through all stages of development. In the end, I settled for a core I took from Professor Palutena’s Les Revolutionnaires (a team you really should check out), the core of Mega Pinsir and Black Kyurem. When I decided on that, I removed every other Pokemon and remade the team from scratch. Like many of my teams, it focuses on offense, has some bulk in many Pokemon instead of a straightforward tank and lacks Fairies (I had originally opted for Togekiss, but decided not to use it). I did some playtesting with it, but I was still uncertain. At that time, I also dropped battling for a few months, and the team was forgotten. When I hosted the recent XY tournament and logged in PS! after a long hiatus, the team was the default one for OU, so I thought, why not? To my surprise, the team actually worked, leading me to a victorious final following a good performance in every round. And now the team is here for all of you to see and judge.
Presenting Metal Massacre!

33jocgx.jpg

Kreator (Kyurem-Black) @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
Ice Beam
Earth Power
Fusion Bolt
Substitute

End this torture and misery
For souls awake enough to see
Far beyond the lies
Phantom Antichrist

This is the typical mixed Kyurem. With enough HP to make 404 Substitutes, colossal base Attack and a healthy investment in its better than average Special Attack make for a bulky Pokemon that takes care of Mega Pinsir’s typical counters, the most notable being Rotom-W. Apart from that, Kyurem’s solid offensive presence and considerable bulk allow for easy switches and a more flexible playstyle.

xlght5.jpg

Slayer (Pinsir) (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
Frustration
Quick Attack
Earthquake
Swords Dance

The sky is turning red
Return to power draws near
Fall into me, the sky’s crimson tears
Abolish the rules made of stone

Offensively it’s possibly the most powerful Mega in OU. Mega Pinsir is a monstrous physical attacker and literally unstoppable after a SD boost. Flying’s coverage along with Earthquake make sure that only a couple of Pokemon can successfully counter Pinsir. Moxie allows for an early boost, courtesy of Quick Attack, if Pinsir is brought in to revenge kill a low health opponent. Frustration screws up enemy Dittos, as happiness is a value often left uncared of when teambuilding.

m9m4b8.jpg

Therion (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Knock Off
Stealth Rock

Powers of Thagerion
For To Mega Therion
Powers of Thagerion
See the great beast to be

Landorus-T plays the role of a bulky attacker while also having some important supporting capabilities. After all, it’s the Pokemon that sets down the all-important SR, and its Intimidate cripples many physical attackers that lack a boost or neutralizes setup sweepers. Knock Off removes Lefties, Choice items, Vests and Eviolite. As I opted for EdgeQuake, Landorus lacks U-Turn, but makes up for it with its increased offensive presence, being able to land powerful blows on most Pokemon that don’t resist its attacks.

20uy348.jpg

AC/DC (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 80 SAtk / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
Volt Switch
Hydro Pump
Will-O-Wisp
Pain Split

I’m TNT-I’m dynamite
TNT-And I’ll win the fight
TNT-I’m a power load
TNT-Watch me explode

That’s no other than the staple physically defensive Rotom almost every team I’ve made the last year has. This guy sponges Talonflame, Pinsir, Mawile and a variety of attackers that either lack a coverage move to get past Rotom’s typing or the necessary Speed to attack before getting burned. With 8 Speed EVs, Rotom outspeeds the majority of other Rotom-W (save for the Choice Scarf variant), allowing it to burn or switch out first. Pain Split might seem like a risky option, but it allows Rotom to safely heal more than once and grants it an additional source of damage, unaffected by defenses.

9vi0ra.jpg

Nightwish (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
Dragon Pulse
Wish
Healing Wish
Defog

An Aphrodite for mortal souls
Playing hide ‘n’ seek in lecherous roles
Their erotic hour my tearless weep
Their satisfaction my infinite sleep

The support Latias Uralya first used, this Pokemon is another staple in my XY teams. Carrying Defog, it paves the field for Pinsir and Volcarona to setup and sweep safely. Along with that, Latias further allows safe switching thanks to its Wish, and with Healing Wish it can revive a badly crippled Pokemon in times of great need. Dragon Pulse provides Latias with a damaging move and saves it from becoming complete Taunt bait.

13yhps.jpg

Firewind (Volcarona) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
Fire Blast
Giga Drain
Bug Buzz
Quiver Dance

Life foreclosed and payment is due
It’s the end for me and you
Blood and destruction, angels’ seduction
The earth screams her last rites

Volcarona was the last Pokemon I added in the team. Realizing I needed a Special Attacker, and also Fire’s coverage, it wasn’t long before I chose Volcarona. I went for Leftovers instead of Life Orb, depending on a combination with Giga Drain to restore Volcarona in case its setup proved too hazardous. While Volcarona makes the team very weak to SR, it also grants it one of the most powerful sweepers in OU and covers for a lot of potential threats. It’s the team’s best answer to Fairies and physical walls, and its best attacker after Pinsir.

The team’s main problem is hazards, particularly Stealth Rock. With three Pokemon being weak to it and none resisting it, it can get problematic if Latias dies while rocks or the enemy hazard setter are up. Apart from this, the only real problem is lack of a solid tank, making it difficult to stop potential sweepers in case one manages to setup.

Kreator (Kyurem-Black) @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Substitute

Slayer (Pinsir) (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Therion (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

AC/DC (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 80 SAtk / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Nightwish (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Wish
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Firewind (Volcarona) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance

Lyrics Memo
Intro: Iron Maiden-Killers
Black Kyurem: Kreator-Phantom Antichrist
Pinsir: Slayer-Raining Blood
Landorus-T: Therion-To Mega Therion
Rotom-W: AC/DC-TNT
Latias: Nightwish-Passion and the Opera
Volcarona: Firewind-Life Foreclosed

Since when did people stop writing "Speed" as "Spe"? It looks silly you running SpD EVs on everything at first glance.

Apart from that, it's a solid team and you played it well in that final match.

I took all the stats by c/p ing them from PS!. PS! lists Speed EVs as Spd.
And thanks for your praise.

I don't have anything special, but it's still a suggestion, on your Rotom Wash, you have EVs on Defense, honestly, I think you should move them to Special Defense as Will-o-Wisp already helps, and by movig them into Special Defense it will give more coverage.

And I really like the Theme for your team, it's original and creative

With Volcarona and Latias, Special isn't really a problem. Rotom completes Landorus by giving me a safe switch in a physical attack. With defensive EVs, I can stop sweeps or tank hits without having to burn an opponent. I need some backup against attacks from the physical side, and this Rotom has worked wonders in this and other teams I've made.
And I'm glad you like the theme.

Back