• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Metal / Lightning (Aegislash / Raichu)

KnightNebula

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:
  • 1 Scizor EX
  • 1 M Scizor EX
  • 1 Pikachu EX
  • 2 Jirachi
  • 4 Honedge
  • 3 Duoblade
  • 3 Aegislash
  • 2 Pikachu
  • 2 Raichu
  • 1 Raichu BREAK
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 1 Life Dew
  • 1 Wally
  • 1 Steven
  • 1 Scizor Spirit Link
  • 3 Evosoda
  • 2 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Energy Retrieval
  • 1 Clemont
  • 1 Brigette
  • 1 Energy Recycler
  • 3 Pokemon Center Lady
  • 2 Pokemon Fan Club
  • 1 Ace Trainer
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 1 Skyla
Energy:
  • 1 Flash Energy
  • 7 Lightning Energy
  • 10 Metal Energy

This deck would not be eligible for Standard as Life Dew is not legal in the Standard format as it was released before X&Y. Just remove the Life Dew for another Lightning energy or anything else.

I believe you should base the deck around Raichu, preferably the Raichu from X&Y Base set or the one from the Generations as they have the attack Circle Circuit which is very easy to charge up and very achievable to have it hit for over 100 damage. Aegishslash when compared to Raichu just falls a little short. They can both hit for a similar amount of damage which is already bad for Aegislash; why would you work even harder to set up Aegislash when Raichu can hit for the same amount of damage and arguably alot harder for less energy and one less evolution stage. Even if you're using Raichu from Breakpoint, i'd still stay it's better than Aegishslash just because it's a Stage 1 pokemon and it can hit for 90 on a coin flip.

Before i can help you i just need to know which Raichu you're using.

Last edited:
This deck would not be eligible for Standard as Life Dew is not legal in the Standard format as it was released before X&Y. Just remove the Life Dew for another Lightning energy or anything else.

I believe you should base the deck around Raichu, preferably the Raichu from X&Y Base set or the one from the Generations as they have the attack Circle Circuit which is very easy to charge up and very achievable to have it hit for over 100 damage. Aegishslash when compared to Raichu just falls a little short. They can both hit for a similar amount of damage which is already bad for Aegislash; why would you work even harder to set up Aegislash when Raichu can hit for the same amount of damage and arguably alot harder for less energy and one less evolution stage. Even if you're using Raichu from Breakpoint, i'd still stay it's better than Aegishslash just because it's a Stage 1 pokemon and it can hit for 90 on a coin flip.

Before i can help you i just need to know which Raichu you're using.

I'm currently using one Raichu from the XY set and one from furious fists. (I have another from XY ordered) And Aegislash was kind of a spontanious move honestly, I just wanted to have a good steel back-up and with stance change it works out pretty well

Back