Metal Gengar or MetaKrow?

Kingdra King

User experience may vary
Which one should I play? Metal Gengar is Metagross (reduces 20 HP from everyone) and Gengar (snipes down everyone). MetaKrow is basically the same thing only with Honchkrow. So which one?

Seth1789110

MetalGengar is supposed to be fragile. Activates fanting spell faster, and makes sniping claydols, uxies, azelfs easier. Metakrow is a no, and its called Darkwing Duck. MetalGengar is fantastic, but if your so worried about being easy to KO, wait until the X comes out.

Kingdra King

User experience may vary
I'm not worried at all. I will just do the best I can until it happens plus I have a couple of gengars out.

@ ze_draek: I will probably run one of them so I just need to choose one. If you have a better option for me I would be glad to hear it.

Seth1789110

MetalGengar dude. Its fantastic. It is a Gengar swarm. It makes it harder for your opponent, cause they can trigger fainting spell even easier now, so they have to choose whether they will attack head on or change their strategy, which can make them lose. MetalGengar all the way, its fantastic.

Seth1789110

A decent amount, people are still opting for mother over metal, but its still great. Think of it this way. Metal is faster, and snipes easier, making for easier kills, and faster games. Mother is supposed to be for more of a defense, sit back, oops I die come and get it kinda thing, so its whichever you prefer. Like I said, Metal Gengar will be played even more with the arrival of its X.

Seth1789110

O without a doubt. Most gengar variants are metagame as is, and if not, metagame rogue lol. It is a great deck, even without the X. You will need to tech in Relicanth. PM me and I can provide you a decent deck list, a easy one to build provided you have Claydol and stuff. Its a great deck, very fast, easy snipe. With Metagross, 50 hp becomes 30. Then, if you have Miasma out even, it becomes 10. 10 hp left. Shadow room laughs at them. Even without Miasma, you can nearly one shot everything with Shadow room...its amazing...

stumpy271

f3sTClanGaming
Metal Gengar has a hard match against a lot of things that do 80. DGX or PGX can hit it once, and use Stunktank or Crobat to avois fainting spell. Its not that hard to get around.

Lunar Wing

I see the you if you don't see the me
Advanced Member
gengar the baller said:
Metal Gengar, loses to Dialga G. Which is a problem if its big in your area.

Practically any form of Gengar loses to Dialga G, except for GeChamp. But GeChamp is the least consistant of all Gengar variants. It is also just inconsistant compared to many other decks in general.

ze_draeck

I'd like to make myself believe...
Beedrill, Mother Gengar, Luxape, Blaziken/Luxray, Palkia Lock, Palkia/Luxray and Dark Flygon are all better options in my opinion.

Kingdra King

User experience may vary
Ok great it's fun to diss Metal Gengar isn't it? I know that there are many other options but I was thinking of going fo this one...

AmishEskimoNinja

Hating durant since 11/16/11
Metagross and Honchkrow X seems like way too much to set up. And DP dusknoir is a better tech for the deck in my opinion. Especially since shiny duskull can get you that last bit of damage you need to KO without sacrificing a honch.

Futa

Aspiring Trainer
I would do Metal Gengar more, as I don't like to stick a stage-2 into a stage-1 deck. It's easier to get out a stage-2 in a stage-2 deck. But it depends on the meta. If your meta is based more towards basic Pokemon/SP's, then go for MetaKrow. It really hurts basic Pokemon. If it isn't, then Metal Gengar.

ragingphantom

Currently in a Paradox
Seth1789110 said:
MetalGengar is supposed to be fragile. Activates fanting spell faster, and makes sniping claydols, uxies, azelfs easier. Metakrow is a no, and its called Darkwing Duck. MetalGengar is fantastic, but if your so worried about being easy to KO, wait until the X comes out.

I'm sorry but no. Darkwing Duck was disruption/Murkrow swarm (that may be a bit of a stretch), which has not a lot to do with sniping the same basic or weak techs for easy KO's.

On-topic:If you can somehow make it consistent and not fail speed-wise, then go ahead and use the Necromancy deck. Otherwise go with Metal Gengar if you aren't going to use other variants. Or maybe Relicanth/Metagross lol.