• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Metal Blade (Zacian V / Jirachi / Galarian Perrserker / Duraludon)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
METAL BLADE

images

Pokémon (14):
  • 3 Galarian Perrserker S1W (enable)
  • 3 Galarian Meowth SP1 (evolve)
  • 1 Duraludon S1a (beatdown)
  • 4 Zacian V S1W (beatdown)
  • 3 Jirachi SM8a (search)
Trainer (34):
  • 2 Boss's Order (control)
  • 3 Prof. Research (draw)
  • 3 Bird Keeper (draw)
  • 3 Marnie (draw)
  • 4 Metal Saucer (acceleration)
  • 3 Rusted Sword (beatdown)
  • 3 Scoop Up Net (retreat)
  • 3 Air Balloon (retreat)
  • 4 Quick Ball (search)
  • 3 Switch (switch)
  • 3 Viridian Forest (search)
Energy (12):
  • 3 Coating Energy
  • 9 Metal Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with Jirachi to search for trainer cards and bench Zacian V in addition to Galarian Meowth. Use Viridian Forest, Quick Ball and Galarian Meowth to discard Basic Metal Energy and accelerate them to Zacian V with Metal Saucer. Use Galarian Meowth to search for Galarian Perrserker to enable Zacian V to knock out most defender in one hit with Rusted Sword and three benched Galarian Perrserker.

SPOILER:

All spoilers are taken from the PokéBeach.

Rusted Sword
Trainer - Item (Pokémon Tool)
The attacks of the Zacian V this card is attached to do an additional 30 damage to your opponent’s active Pokémon.

Coating Energy
Special Energy Card
As long as this card is attached to a Pokémon, it provides Metal Energy. The Metal Pokémon this card is attached to has no weakness.

Last edited:

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Why not add ADP for added Prize-taking support? You might not need jirachi there(as well as the escape boards with it) just two dedenne-gx, 2 keldeo gx, and some water energy. What are you cutting? I recommend subbing Cynthia with Marnie and cutting your one reset stamps as well as two of your metal energies, for all the additions...

Last edited:

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Why not add ADP for added Prize-taking support? You might not need jirachi there(as well as the escape boards with it) just two dedenne-gx, 2 keldeo gx, and some water energy. What are you cutting? I recommend subbing Cynthia with Marnie and cutting your one reset stamps as well as two of your metal energies, for all the additions...

Hi cardjammer,

Thanks for the review. I believe that with the new "no-supporter-one-the-first-turn" rule Jirachi is more needed than ever. I am not that sold on Arceus & Dialga & Palkia GX in this deck. While Altered Creation GX is a nice attack Zacian V does not seem to need the damage boost with Galarian Perrserker on the bench. Two Galarian Perrserker enable Zacian V to hit numbers while Altered Creation requires Zacian V to wear Fine Band to achieve the same aim without Galarain Perrserker. This would disable me from attaching Metal Frying Pan to Zacian V. I do like to idea to run Marnie instead of Cynthia and will be sure to make that change.

Last edited:

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi folks,

Updated the decklist above. I included two one-prize attacker and modified the trainer selection a little. At the moment I am also testing Clay as an alternative to Cynthia in this deck to have better access to Custom Catcher.

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
What about Lucario and Melmetal? It's got defense over ADP's offense which will mean that in a match with another Zacien, you cancel out the opposing ADP boost and still live a Zacien hit with a Frying pan. You could probably swap that pretty easy for the Solgaleo Prism, since I don't think you need the mass-energy-acceleration it uses. If it's a single-prize attacker you still need though, I think you could rely on the promo Baby Dusk Mane Necrozma, UNB Skarmory (complementary doing 90 for [M][C] after Full Metal Wall), or even CES Kartana over Genesect.

Last edited:

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi John InCENAroar,

Thanks for the review. Will consider a tech Lucario and Melmetal to increase the health of Zacian V and also have an option to discard the energies from the opponent's active Pokémon. I would like to retain Genesect at the moment since he is inteded as a counter to Lillie*s Clefairy Doll stall tactics. On attack from Genesect can take down two Lillie's Clefairy Dolls and still hit another pokémon with some residual damage.