• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Metagross (SUM Forward) *Updated List*

Articuno_Aria

Articuno is UNO for a reason
Pokemon
-4-2-4 Metagross line (3 GX and 1 Metagross from CST) *Beldum from CST with the ability
-Tapu Lele x2
-Oranguru (instruct) x1
-Dhelmise (GRI) x1
-Solgaleo {*}
-Dusk Mane Necrozma GX x1

Trainers
-Cynthia x4
-Guzma x3
-Tate & Liza x2
-Steven's Resolve x2
-Pokemon Fan Club x2
-Rare Candy x4
-Max Potion x4
-Ultra Ball x4
-Metal Frying Pan x3
-Choice Band x3
-Timer Ball x2
-Rescue Stretcher x1
-Field Blower x1

Energy
-Metal Energy x10

**I'm considering cutting the Solgaleo prisim for the new Registeel in CST (ability takes 20 less damage and its attack does more damage if the opponent's Pokemon has an ability), but Solgaleo prism comes in handy late game. Would also like a second field blower. Any advice is appreciated!

Your list seems good but I think you can improve it by :
-> having more non GX attackers (dhelmise by replacing 1 or 2 psy metal energies by psychic ones or even baby metagross)
-> being have to play the OHKO on 210hp pokemons with either Duck Mane Necrozma GX or Ultra necrozma GX (3-4 psychic energies if you make this choice) maybe in replacement of 1 max potion / 1-3 choice band / metal frying pans (see after)
-> replacing metal frying pans by something else thant improve damages. The only problem of Metagross is his 150 damages, not his huge 250 hp.
-> using 2-3 stadium, it's too good to ignore. It also disrupts your opponent.
-> using vulpix, N is gone.
-> replacing fan club pokemon by a "three nest ball engine" (11 outs of getting beldum so it's almost 1/5 card) .With a cynthia turn 1 you can see 13 cards so that's a bit better than fan club and you're not stuck with your starting hand for the turn 2.

These choices will ofc depend on the metagame (use of juge? OHKO meta or 2HKO ? etc ...)

Updated list as of 8/10/18

Pokemon
-4-2-4 Metagross line (3 GX and 1 Metagross from CST) *Beldum from CST with the ability
-Tapu Lele x2
-Oranguru (instruct) x1
-Dhelmise (GRI) x1
-Solgaleo {*}
-Registeel (CST) x2

Trainers
-Cynthia x4
-Guzma x3
-Tate & Liza x2
-Steven's Resolve x2
-Pokemon Fan Club x2
-Copycat x1
-Rare Candy x4
-Max Potion x4
-Ultra Ball x4
-Metal Frying Pan x2
-Choice Band x3
-Rescue Stretcher x1
-Field Blower x1

Energy
-Metal Energy x10

Updated list as of 8/10/18

Pokemon
-Tapu Lele x2
-Oranguru (instruct) x1
-Dhelmise (GRI) x1
-Solgaleo {*}
-Registeel (CST) x2

Trainers
-Cynthia x4
-Guzma x3
-Tate & Liza x2
-Steven's Resolve x2
-Pokemon Fan Club x2
-Copycat x1
-Rare Candy x4
-Max Potion x4
-Ultra Ball x4
-Metal Frying Pan x2
-Choice Band x3
-Rescue Stretcher x1
-Field Blower x1

Energy
-Metal Energy x10
I for one, absolutely love the idea of combining Steven's Resolve with a CST Metagross, which essentially provides a second Algorithm GX before you actually attack. Good plan.

I don't think Celestial Storm has Registeel in it, so maybe you're talking about the one from CRI? If so, then I think you have a bit to many energy support Pokemon in your deck. Seeing as Registeel will only provide one energy to a Benched Pokemon, Solgaleo is usually sufficient enough to provide energies all around to Benched Pokemon. I think I would take Matux' advice and replace a Registeel with an Alolan Vulpix, since it will be much more usable without N in the format. And finally, maybe replace the Pokemon Fan Club and the second Registeel for a few Nest Balls. Good luck!

I prefer the CRI Registeel that attaches one energy to the bench and need one energy to attack, and i would take out one cynthia to add 1 judge because you may need to shuffle your opponents hand.

Celestial storm has a registeel that Ohko's safeguarders and can 2hko zoroark and avoid the Ohko from it that's the registeel hes referring two

Celestial storm has a registeel that Ohko's safeguarders and can 2hko zoroark and avoid the Ohko from it that's the registeel hes referring two
Ah yes. Don't know how I missed that one. I would still try to make space for Alolan Vulpix or Nest Ball but Registeel will be worth keeping. Especially with a Zoroark, Rayquaza or Malamar based format.

Back