• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Metagross GX/Solgaleo GX (Thoughts?) ^^

Namathieu

Aspiring Trainer
So, I was searching the web for an update to my old Metagross GX that was expanded, so I found a solution and I wanted to see what you think about it! :D

##Pokémon - 19

* 4 Beldum GRI 83
* 2 Metang GRI 84
* 1 Metagross CES 95 (For steven Resolve)
* 4 Metagross-GX GRI 139
* 2 Solgaleo-GX SUM 89 (My free Switch)
* 2 Cosmog SUM 64
* 1 Dhelmise GRI 59 (It's my +10 dmg body <3)
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60 (To not suffer about finding Resolve x'D)
* 1 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21 (Beacon for life <3)

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 2 Steven’s Resolve CES 145 (Do I really have to explain this one... x) )
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121 (You know sometimes we need ninja to kill some people :p ^^)
* 2 Lillie SUM 122 (My octillary x'D)
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 4 Nest Ball SUM 123 (My Brigette Replacement x'D)
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119 (RIP Sycamor)
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Hala GRI 126 (Let's make a reason to use my GX attack)
* 1 Judge BKT 143 (N is rekt x'D)
* 4 Max Potion BKP 103 (Staying alive)

##Energy - 8

* 1 Psychic Energy Energy 5 (If my Dhelmise have to attack ^^)
* 7 Metal Energy Energy 8 (I let you guess this one ;) )

Last edited:

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
That's around what I play, plus or minus a couple of cards. It's pretty effective; but I'm not sure I'll keep Cosmog/Solgaleo long term. Not that they aren't effective (they really are) but they're a bit too many cards to keep, I think. We'll see. I'll want to test between this and Dusk Mane once Elm's Lecture and Fairly A9GX come out; maybe some of those nest balls can be dropped.

One thing I'd suggest is that one Volkner and one electric energy is really useful; sometimes that one electric is important, when you're having trouble finding energy, and volkner is often better than Steven's Resolve.

You also might want a field blower or two instead of the rescue stretchers (or a stadium, if there's one you care for, particularly once Blacephelon comes out which will be a Metagross killer if it's any good). You also could add in a couple of Mysterious Treasure instead of ... something, maybe nest ball maybe ultra ball, since you've got plenty of Psychic targets.

I'll also say that 8 energy is pretty tight; it's probably the right balance for the tuned deck, but be prepared to play some games where you just never get 3 energy, even with Algorithm.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Alright, decision time: you only get either Sol Burst GX or Algorithm GX. Since you already have built-in energy support, I’m gonna say you’re gonna go with Algorithm. If you do, you’re gonna need more Hala, probably in place of Steven’s Resolve. I mean, you already get any five cards, could it get any better? If you take those and baby Metagross out, then you can have a valuable 3 extra spaces. Also, 150 is a nice number, being able to OHKO all Shrine decks and Rayquaza GX with little effort.

Mr. Melon

Faking hard or flailing all around the yard.
I really like this idea, I heavily played Metagross before the rotation and have been trying to use it ever since. As Lord Goomy already said, you're only going to use 1 GX attack, and Algorithm is an early-game on, so I would add a couple of copies of Hala. I've been partial to using a few copies of switch recently, but that's a matter of opinion. Great deck, might test it soon.:)