• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard METAgross GX/ Solgaleo GX Post 2018

The Golden Mewtwo

Currently crying because I'm a 16 year old senior
My friend will be playing this deck at reigonals so please say anything you can to help the deck!

Alolan vulpix-1-GRI
Beldum-4-GRI
Metang-3-GRI
Metagross gx-4-GRI
Cosmog-2-SUM
Cosmoem-1-SUM
Solgaleo gx-2-SUM
Drampa gx-1-GRI
Genesect ex-1-FCO (optional)
Mimikyu-1-GRI (optional)
Tapu lele gx-1-GRI

altar of the sunne-2-GRI (for volcanion)
Brigette-1-BKT
Choice band-3-GRI
Float stone-1-BKT
Lillie-1-SUM
Guzma-2-BUS
Max potion-3-GRI
Max elixir-2-BKP
N-2-FCO
Professor Kukui-1-SUM
Professor Sycamore-2-BKP
Rare Candy-4-SUM
Super rod-1-BKT
Ultra ball-3-SUM

Psychic energy-3
Metal energy-7

Last edited:
I don't get why people are using Solgaleo and Metagross together, when Metagross can get by fine on its own or paired with Necrozma GX. 2 Stage 2 lines is too much in a deck nowadays because both lines will have to compete over which one gets the Rare Candies.

well solgaleo has a better attack that can OHKO anything with a choice band
If you intend on using Solgaleo, then I'd do it without Metagross, as that takes up a lot of space. Instead, pair it with Drampa GX and Guardians Rising Rayquaza, as the former can benefit from a damaged Solgaleo with Berserk, while the latter can recover Solgaleo's lost energies with Turbo Storm. All it takes is adding 4 DCEs.

Metagross is more efficient as its own deck because after a Metagross uses Giga Hammer, it can simply retreat to a new one and use Geotech System to get the energies on to the newly active Metagross. Metagross is a deck that can afford to 2 shot things because of 250 HP in combination with Max Potion.

I personally feel a pure Metagross GX deck is better, but here would be my deck list if I made this deck.

Pokemon: 20

4 Beldum
3 Metang
4 Metagross GX
2 Cosmog
1 Cosmoem
2 Solgaleo GX
2 Tapu Lele GX
2 Alolan Vulpix

Trainer: 29

Items
4 Rare Candy
2 Field Blower
4 Ultra Ball
3 Heavy Ball
2 Max Potion
1 Rescue Stretcher

Supporters
4 Professor Sycamore
4 N
2 Guzma
1 Skyla
1 Brigette
1 Hala

Energy: 11

9 Metal Energy
2 Psychic Energy

I think this will help with the consistency of the deck. I hope this helps.

does anyone know a good counter for baby ninetales? the deck has no really good non-gx/ex pokemon except for mimikyu but it will get OHKO'd

does anyone know a good counter for baby ninetales? the deck has no really good non-gx/ex pokemon except for mimikyu but it will get OHKO'd
I have not been able to find a good metal Pokemon to counter gardevoir... a few I came across are Cobalion, and Bisharp (although then you would need pawniard as well). I think with this deck baby Solagaleo could be the best counter.

I have not been able to find a good metal Pokemon to counter gardevoir... a few I came across are Cobalion, and Bisharp (although then you would need pawniard as well). I think with this deck baby Solagaleo could be the best counter.
are you talking about gardevoir or baby ninetales?

are you talking about gardevoir or baby ninetales?
I was trying to find a counter to gardevoir-gx for vespiquen deck. I was looking for metal Pokemon which would also be a natural counter to baby Ninetales due to weakness. I do think adding a baby Solgaleo is the easiest and best option. Metang works but as you mentioned earlier it's low hp means it could easily be KO.

I use solo n meta alot really has no issues. But i dont run float stone its a waste unless ur facibg ability lock decks. Which i dont see much of other then trashalache decks. As far as running 2 stage 2s i fine it more fun and also with right trainer cards i really dont have issue 1 shotting any pokemon on turn 3. I use pyhic 3rd eye and professor letters and rescue strechers. Pretty much turn 1 get you cosmog and least 2 beldrums out and i use magearna ex. Turn 1 if u dont get brig use tapu to search for it. But i prefer to use tapu to sesrch out 3rd eye on turn 2 and lilllie on turn 1. But basicly on turn 2 is when i drain hand yse as many letters as i can discard a couple stage 2s n all energy with 3rd eye. I nornally draw about 8 to 9 with it. Which is norally a couple rares a rescue and some heavy balls n so on. If i do t i use metagross gx to search for what i need which rarely happens. At start of turn 3 my decl is so small around 15 cards. I never decked out yet. Just one shot everyturn win by turn 7 at latest.

As far as necro n metagross i haven't had much lyck with it and cant get set up as fast for some reason. Ive been playing around with why. But been side tracked making a good alolan muk deck

well trashalanche is a big deck and a lot of people are playing it, this will all change with garde tho but its a good thing for this deck

Back