• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Metagross-GX (Guardians Rising)

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Metagross-GX – Metal – HP250
Stage 2 – Evolves from Metang

Ability: Geotech System
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may attach either a [P] or [M] Energy from your discard pile to your Active Pokemon.

[M][M][C] Giga Hammer: 150 damage. This Pokemon can’t use Giga Hammer during your next turn.

[C] Algorithm GX: Search your deck for up to 5 cards and put them into your hand. Then shuffle your deck. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack a game.)

When your Pokemon GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize Cards.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 3

Tapu Lele-GX – Psychic – HP170
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Wonder Tag
When you play this Pokemon from your hand onto your Bench during your turn, you may search your deck for a Supporter card, reveal it, and put it in your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

[C][C] Energy Drive: This attack does 20 damage times the amount of Energy attached to both Active Pokemon. This damage isn’t affected by Weakness or Resistance.

[P] Tapu Cure GX: Heal all damage from 2 of your Benched Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: none
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Dhelmise – Psychic – HP120
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Steelworker
Your [M] Pokemon’s attacks do 10 more damage to the opponent’s Active Pokemon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[P][C][C] Anchor Shot: 70 damage. The Defending Pokemon can’t retreat during your opponent’s next turn.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 2
Rescue Stretcher – Trainer
Item

Choose 1:

– Put a Pokemon from your discard pile into your hand.

– Shuffle 3 Pokemon from your discard pile into your deck.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Field Blower – Trainer
Item

Choose up to 2 in any combination of Pokemon Tool cards and Stadium cards in play (yours or your opponent’s) and discard them.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Choice Band – Trainer
Item

Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn’t already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

The attacks of the Pokemon this card is attached to do 30 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokemon-GX or Active Pokemon-EX (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

Altar of the Sunne – Trainer
Stadium

[R] Pokemon and [M] Pokemon (both yours and your opponent’s) have no Weakness.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.

Pokemon: 15
4 Beldum GUR
1 Metang GUR
3 Metagross GX
2 Tapu Lele GX
3 Dhelmise GUR
2 Wobbuffet GEN

Trainers: 35
4 Sycamore
2 N
2 Lysandre
2 Skyla
1 Olympia
1 Pokemon Ranger
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
3 Rare Candy
2 Rescue Stretcher
2 Field Blower
3 Choice Band
2 Float Stone
3 Altar of the Sunne

Energy: 10
10 Metal

I know I'm making a lot of lists, but I'm hyped for what's around the corner!

Anyway, the strat here is of course utilizing Metagross GX as my main attacker. Requiring only two manual energy attachments is acceptable on a Stage 2, as the ability should at least cover the third needed energy for Giga Hammer. Means to refresh the attack, such as Pokemon Ranger and switching options, are of course there, but I don't know if there'd be a better way to go about it. Ideally I want at least 1 Dhelmise on the bench so with Metagross's attack and a Choice Band, I can OHKO threats like Lapras GX. 2 on the bench can dispose of certain 200 HP Stage 1 GX Pokemon. Wobbuffet is a good lead to have as I set up on the bench.

acerizzo13

Reniart Gniripsa
Zoroark is how you get around it. Much like Keldeo EX in expanded, it Stands In and then retreats with a float stone. I am fairly certain if you Stand In, then retreat even to the same Metagross the effect of the attack should be "reset." However I think other attackers are needed in the deck. Tapu Lele is great to stack energy on, so consider something like exp share, and later wish baton when it comes out.

As for other attackers Dhelmise is alright, but I think you could get away with the surprise factor of something like Registeel(Ancient Origins), M Aggron, or Stand Alone Lucario, though they are pretty niche. Deoxys from Roaring Skies is good too, allowing to draw 2 on the first turn if you can't start with Wobbuffet. I also like Skarmory from S&M, for 2 colorless discard all Special Energy from all Pokemon. Also you are missing physic energy for Wobbuffet, Dhelmise and Tapu Lele.

My Suggestions:
-1 Beldum
-1 Lysandre
-1 Skyla
-1 Sycamore (or N, 2 Tapu Lele are very good for many reasons one being they can lower the draw supporter count as a whole and push the focus to vs seeker)
-3 Altar of the Sunne (Wobbuffet is great against Volcanion, I think XD)
-5? Metal Energy (Make room for psychic)
-0 Rescue Stretcher (If you need to make room, consider taking these out)

+3 Altar of the Moone (with any psychic energy on them all except Metagross would have free retreat, and even he could retreat for just the 1 psychic attached to him)
+6 Psychic Energy
+2 Skarmory
+1 Bridgette (Can grab any 3 basics in deck since you have no EX's)

In this deck Metagross is still a great/the primary attacker. Altar of the Moone means he can retreat for 1 energy and then attach it to the new active. Consider more Wobbuffets over Skarmory but I would suggest considering, and probably testing more Wobbs, Skarmory, Deoxys, and Zoroark against all types of decks.

Also I share your excitement for this set and the decks that will come out of it! Best set since Roaring Skies or Primal Clash, imho!

Alakazam90125

Aspiring Trainer
That´s a pretty good decklist! I think the inclusion of 1 more Pokemon Ranger and a copy of Parallel City would help out a lot.
Also, have you ever thought of the ridiculous combination with Mega Metagross? It would be terrible, but thereotically could hit for a lot of damage.

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Zoroark is how you get around it. Much like Keldeo EX in expanded, it Stands In and then retreats with a float stone. I am fairly certain if you Stand In, then retreat even to the same Metagross the effect of the attack should be "reset." However I think other attackers are needed in the deck. Tapu Lele is great to stack energy on, so consider something like exp share, and later wish baton when it comes out.

As for other attackers Dhelmise is alright, but I think you could get away with the surprise factor of something like Registeel(Ancient Origins), M Aggron, or Stand Alone Lucario, though they are pretty niche. Deoxys from Roaring Skies is good too, allowing to draw 2 on the first turn if you can't start with Wobbuffet. I also like Skarmory from S&M, for 2 colorless discard all Special Energy from all Pokemon. Also you are missing physic energy for Wobbuffet, Dhelmise and Tapu Lele.

My Suggestions:
-1 Beldum
-1 Lysandre
-1 Skyla
-1 Sycamore (or N, 2 Tapu Lele are very good for many reasons one being they can lower the draw supporter count as a whole and push the focus to vs seeker)

+3 Altar of the Moone (with any psychic energy on them all except Metagross would have free retreat, and even he could retreat for just the 1 psychic attached to him)
+6 Psychic Energy
+2 Skarmory

In this deck Metagross is still a great/the primary attacker. Altar of the Moone means he can retreat for 1 energy and then attach it to the new active. Consider more Wobbuffets over Skarmory but I would suggest considering, and probably testing more Wobbs, Skarmory, Deoxys, and Zoroark against all types of decks.

Also I share your excitement for this set and the decks that will come out of it! Best set since Roaring Skies or Primal Clash, imho!
Zoroark may be a nice option, yeah. Exp. Share and Wish Baton I don't think will be good to fall back on heavily with Field Blower, plus Geotech System should compensate just fine in the event of losing some energy I have on the board. The ability will also work nicely with Lele should I need to attack with it.

Dhelmise... attacker? I have no idea how you thought of that. It's being used entirely to beef up Metagross with its ability. I'm not sure why you're proposing Wobbuffet is that much of a Volcanion counter, since they'll still knock it out with an unboosted Volcanic Heat. I don't need Psychic energy for Lele, as neat as using its GX attack to refuel my beefy Metagross would be.

Altar of the Moone wouldn't even make Metagross's retreat 0, but 1. Still a negligible cost with Geotech System, but that'd require me to clunk up the deck a bit with an additional basic energy type. It might be something interesting to test, but I'm skeptical. You're making a lot of suggestion that would probably bog the deck down more than anything.

That´s a pretty good decklist! I think the inclusion of 1 more Pokemon Ranger and a copy of Parallel City would help out a lot.
Also, have you ever thought of the ridiculous combination with Mega Metagross? It would be terrible, but thereotically could hit for a lot of damage.
An additional Ranger would probably work fine, and Parallel City could perhaps go over one Altar?

It also seems like it'd be easier to use, say, Genesect-EX if I wanted to have an extra EX on the offensive.

acerizzo13

Reniart Gniripsa
Zoroark may be a nice option, yeah. Exp. Share and Wish Baton I don't think will be good to fall back on heavily with Field Blower, plus Geotech System should compensate just fine in the event of losing some energy I have on the board. The ability will also work nicely with Lele should I need to attack with it.

Dhelmise... attacker? I have no idea how you thought of that. It's being used entirely to beef up Metagross with its ability. I'm not sure why you're proposing Wobbuffet is that much of a Volcanion counter, since they'll still knock it out with an unboosted Volcanic Heat. I don't need Psychic energy for Lele, as neat as using its GX attack to refuel my beefy Metagross would be.

Altar of the Moone wouldn't even make Metagross's retreat 0, but 1. Still a negligible cost with Geotech System, but that'd require me to clunk up the deck a bit with an additional basic energy type. It might be something interesting to test, but I'm skeptical. You're making a lot of suggestion that would probably bog the deck down more than anything.

An additional Ranger would probably work fine, and Parallel City could perhaps go over one Altar?

It also seems like it'd be easier to use, say, Genesect-EX if I wanted to have an extra EX on the offensive.

You still ought to consider some psychic energy because all your Mons use it and so does Metagross. What I was saying about retreat is that it would go down to one with Moone Altar, and then the 1 energy you use to retreat Metagross could be immediately placed back on the new active using Metagross' ability. I'd still say more Wobbuffet so that you can actually start with it. What I meant to say about Dhelmise is that it's attack isn't miserable if it had to be powered up, I didn't mean to suggest that it was good. More Pokemon Ranger for sure, and still consider Bridgette since it grabs most of your bench and can be brought out by Lele.

Wobbuffet is a good Volcanion counter, because, if you start with it they cannot Steam Up and would have to manually attach energies to Volcanion EX or chunk you down with Power Heater. If you attack with Metagross, and then retreat and attack with Wobbuffet it would knock out in most cases and would ability lock every other turn. Only downside is you have to use Metagross' ability on itself before retreating because you can't use it when Wobb is active.

Alakazam90125

Aspiring Trainer

I agree. In Expanded, I would consider using Aegislash.

Crizor

Aspiring Trainer
Do you think STS Colbalion is any good or no? He's very cheap and protects himself from a good number of threats.

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Do you think STS Colbalion is any good or no? He's very cheap and protects himself from a good number of threats.
Probably, it's always a good option to have.

Something I'm thinking now is Magearna EX to protect against Sylveon's GX attack.

Draskk

Blast From The Past

My Suggestions:
-1 Beldum
-1 Lysandre
-1 Skyla

+6 Psychic Energy
+2 Skarmory

GUARDIANS RISING HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!!111!!1!!1!1!!1!!!!1! :D
Anyways,for my actual suggestion: Shield Energy. Ik this post is a snub but im tired lol I will make a more detailed post 2morrow.