Discussion Metagross Bandit Ring

Jace2012

Aspiring Trainer
Metagross - Metal – HP150
Stage 2 – Evolves from Metang

Ability: Magnet Warp:
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may switch your Active Pokemon with one of your Benched Pokemon. Then, your opponent switches their Active Pokemon with one of their Benched Pokemon.

[M][M][C][C] Iron Cannon: 80+ damage. You may discard all [M] Energy attached to this Pokemon. If you do, this attack does 80 more damage.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 4

Do you think it would be viable in a bronzong deck once the rotation is live?

I know it is a stage 2 and all and that it would take up a lot of space, but the upsides of having it are great!

The ability is awesome for a deck that has difficulties retreating since Keldeo+Float Stone are out and he is a heavy hitter asweell (160 +20 from Muscle Band)

Any input is welcome :)

I don't think the upsides of having this is 'great'. I would not want to expend resources to get a 2-2-2 line just for an Escape Rope, which I could put 4 in instead. Perhaps more importantly, you can effectively retreat for free with Bronzong's ability to recover the energy you discard, so I don't see the point of usings lots of resources to retreat anyway.

I actually kinda like Metagross in Bronzong. When this card becomes legal, it is likely that Keldeo won't rotate which is the main problem that I had with post-rotation Metal, but now not the best alternative, but something. You can Magnet Warp into a free retreat Pokemon and use Metal Links and retreat into your attacker. But, with that, you also switch your opponent's Pokemon so that's a problem. I would only play it in a Metal deck that can get KOs on Megas so maybe in Aggron lists. As for the attack, you have better attackers like Dialga and Aegislash so I wouldn't recommend it.

Back