• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Meta Ready Team Plasma Deck... Need Help!

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Hey guys, I really want your input on this. I've been wanting to make a Team Plasma based deck with cards that can stand up to today's meta, but I'm not entirely sure where to start. Here's my list so far, made with the cards I could immediately find:

Pokemon: 10
2 Thundurus EX
3 Lugia EX
4 Deoxys EX
1 Tapu Lele GX

Trainers:
2 Colress
4 Colress Machine
3 Guzma
1 Computer Search ACE SPEC
1 Teammates
2 Special Charge
2 VS Seeker
3 Professor Sycamore
1 Ultra Ball
2 Float Stone
2 Team Plasma Ball
4 Hypnotoxic Lazer
2 Virbank City Gym
1 Enhanced Hammer
1 Field Blower
1 Pokemon Center Lady
2 Skyla
2 Switch
1 Professor's Letter
2 Shadow Triad

Energy
4 Prism Energy
4 Plasma Energy
2 Lightning Energy
3 Double Colorless Energy

Any help would be appreciated. The point of this deck is simply to play around with a deck that's almost entirely Team Plasma cards and have fun with all the mechanics involved with forming an entire deck around them. Thanks!

Last edited:
What’s the point of Kyruem? I don’t see anything there. If it’s for spread damage, try Shining Arceus with a Plasma Badge instead.
Personally, I’d swap all four Kyurem for 3 Lugia EX and a Special Charge. I’d also with that swap all Water Energy for DCE.
That way, you can try to take a 2 KO game, or at least a 3 KO against 1-prizes.

What’s the point of Kyruem? I don’t see anything there. If it’s for spread damage, try Shining Arceus with a Plasma Badge instead.
Personally, I’d swap all four Kyurem for 3 Lugia EX and a Special Charge. I’d also with that swap all Water Energy for DCE.
That way, you can try to take a 2 KO game, or at least a 3 KO against 1-prizes.
Yeah, good idea. As I said, those were just the cards I had on hand, so I never intended it to be my final draft. I know Lugia's definitely had success during the peak of Plasma's popularity, and the energy-acceleration theme is strong in both Standard and Expanded decks, so I'll make those changes.

It really depends on whether you're looking to play Lugia turbo or focus on the low-cost attackers you have (Thundurus and Kyurem).

If Lugia is what you want to go for, then I'd try to squeeze in one or two Thundurus because that's what you really wanna open with to accelerate Energy onto Lugia. List looks otherwise fine, although maxing out on Colress Machine seems a bit much to me, so I'd try swapping one of those for a 4th DCE. To make space for the extra Thundurus, I'd take out the Pokemon Center Lady and 1 Special Charge (since you want the Energy in the Discard Pile anyway).
This last change is more personal preference than anything else, since Virbank+Laser is definitely good, but in the Lugia variant I'd swap them for consistency cards (this is where a 4th Colress Machine or extra Ultra Balls can come in) since you don't get the extra Prize if it wasn't Lugia's attack that got the KO.

For the faster variant, I'd still add more Thundurus and go through with most changes above, but cutting down on Lugia (still keeping one), adding in Kyurems (perhaps a 3-3 Thundurus-Kyurem count) and cutting down on DCE but still keeping 2. Obviously in this version definitely keep the Lasers.

In any case, Shadow Triad isn't that good a Supporter in this deck, since there's nothing particularly valuable that you'd want to retrieve instead of getting a new hand, a search. or a Pokemon Catcher. In decks like Genesect-EX, however, the card is very good because you can get your G-Booster back.

Also, about the Shining Arceus > Kyurem thing, Kyurem is 100% better than Arceus, at least in Plasma decks. Even with a Plasma Badge (which I'd really rather not run lol) you need 1 DCE, 2 Colress Machine, which is 4 cards in hand (not counting the Kyurem because duh) to make the Arceus live on your first turn, while Kyurem needs only one Energy and a Colress Machine (2 cards in hand). Kyurem isn't there just for the spread damage, it's there for a strong turn 1 attacker that also only gives one Prize; it can even OHKO some EXes if you add Muscle Bands (which you should lol).

Hope this helps! I used to play this deck back in the day, and it was a powerhouse. Really hope you can make it work :)

Back