JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Meowth was revealed from Pokemon Card 151! As noted before, the set will release in Japan on June 16th. We expect to it release internationally as a special set this fall.
Meowth – Colorless – HP70
Basic Pokemon
[C] Beckoning Cat: Flip a coin. If heads, switch in 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon to the Active Spot.
[C][C] Dig Claws: 20 damage.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Continue reading...

xtal

Aspiring Trainer
Pretty neat, but wish it was an ability that could be used if he was in the active spot, so you could retreat out or switch out too, haha

Ambassador

Aspiring Trainer
You know what would be cool? Dark ___ cards again, as well as Rocket’s ___ and Rocket’s ___ ex. I hope we get those this generation.
I think we're unlikely to get those ever again. Dark Pokémon, Delta Species, and a few other cards that incidentally played with Pokémon types had their day back when the Pokémon franchise was less of an established franchise with ex-Wall Street and Bloomberg-types holding central positions in the company (who then go on to hire people to write comprehensive series bibles that are more preoccupied with "Brand Integrity" than creativity) and could do more experimentation with these sorts of things, but even ignoring that, now that the series has found its legs, the old ideas brought back would be conceptually redundant to regional forms, one-off-per-generation gimmicks (e.g. Megas, Z-Moves, and so on). Pokémon prefers to keep things relatively simple and that kind of clash of ideas seems unlikely.

Having said all this, I'm still surprised that TPCI was able to get approval to print a Delta Species card of any kind of 2021 (Mimikyu δ), so I don't rule it out entirely.

sonicjms

Bench, Call, Ride, Summon, Cast
You know what would be cool? Dark ___ cards again, as well as Rocket’s ___ and Rocket’s ___ ex. I hope we get those this generation.
Realistically those kinds of cards existed because of the lack of dark type pokemon to make cards out of, same with delta species with them having a heavy preference to make pokemon metal type

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
Having said all this, I'm still surprised that TPCI was able to get approval to print a Delta Species card of any kind of 2021 (Mimikyu δ), so I don't rule it out entirely.
Also Dark Sylveon and Light Toxtricity. But these are promos to celebrate the 25th anniversary only.

Realistically those kinds of cards existed because of the lack of dark type pokemon to make cards out of, same with delta species with them having a heavy preference to make pokemon metal type
Dark types existed in Neo Destiny and Ex Team Rocket Returns but they still used the "Dark" prefix.

They (sort of) brought back ex mechanic, so anything is possible in the future!

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Also Dark Sylveon and Light Toxtricity. But these are promos to celebrate the 25th anniversary only.
Dark Sylveon wasn't a dual-type Dark Pokémon as in the TRR style, but went with the TR/ND approach of it.

Dark types existed in Neo Destiny and Ex Team Rocket Returns but they still used the "Dark" prefix.
This is a translation problem of sorts, but it's somewhat preserved in the English TCG – when we talk about Dark Pokémon, it's different from talking about Darkness-type Pokémon.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
And here I thought Ambassador and DMYSYS are the same person. Anyway, I am guessing Naoki Saito drew Persian. Still no word on Misty, Sabrina, or Lorelei. My guess is they will be revealed next week.

DaneeBound

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon that had gusting effect stapled on them used to be really good back when Catcher and Boss just didn’t exist. But the toothpaste’s out of the tube.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
I think we're unlikely to get those ever again. Dark Pokémon, Delta Species, and a few other cards that incidentally played with Pokémon types had their day back when the Pokémon franchise was less of an established franchise with ex-Wall Street and Bloomberg-types holding central positions in the company (who then go on to hire people to write comprehensive series bibles that are more preoccupied with "Brand Integrity" than creativity) and could do more experimentation with these sorts of things, but even ignoring that, now that the series has found its legs, the old ideas brought back would be conceptually redundant to regional forms, one-off-per-generation gimmicks (e.g. Megas, Z-Moves, and so on). Pokémon prefers to keep things relatively simple and that kind of clash of ideas seems unlikely.

I hate how correct you are. It's so sad, I remember the sheer joy of being a kid and finding a "Blaine's Arcanine", or a Light/Dark/Rocket's pokémon. It was so cool. Magma, Aqua, Delta Species too, so sick. Unfortunately, like you said, it's about the corporate culture, that has changed a lot from those days to these. There is very little room for "passion" these days, it's all a bunch of bean counters crunshing numbers and trying to appease to faceless shareholders with no connection to the Heart of the product they work with. Really sad, but we're never getting that level of cool, passion, and daring, ever again.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer

That's idiotic, no coincidence that I find the tcg less and less appealing. Heck, this pokemon 151 have been unappealing that I am pretty much going to pass up. I don't like the Zapdos 3D, I don't like the starters 3D, I only like hitmonchan so far.

F Bloomb-rg, he's racist.

Nirvanna21

Mew.
That's idiotic, no coincidence that I find the tcg less and less appealing. Heck, this pokemon 151 have been unappealing that I am pretty much going to pass up. I don't like the Zapdos 3D, I don't like the starters 3D, I only like hitmonchan so far.

F Bloomb-rg, he's racist.

Honestly, the only card from the 151 set so far that I want is the Mew; however, I am still holding up hope for some nice illustration rares and secret illustration rares. Personally, really hoping for an Articuno one... I am severely lacking in one that isn't a Galarian version :(

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
Honestly, the only card from the 151 set so far that I want is the Mew; however, I am still holding up hope for some nice illustration rares and secret illustration rares. Personally, really hoping for an Articuno one... I am severely lacking in one that isn't a Galarian version :(
That's pretty much the only hope left, the illustration rares as you said.