General Memories of Watching the Anime

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Do you have a few good/bad memories that you remember when you used to watch the Pokemon anime when you were younger?

Why do these memories stand out to you the most?

I remember Pikachu's Goodbye. It was sad and everyone I knew thought Pikachu was seriously going to leave. Also that darn Pikachu chanting from that episode is stuck in my head for life, like Jigglypuff's lullaby. Pika-pika Pikachu... pika pika chaaa...

Well, I remember when I was younger I had fun memories watching the first season of Ash's Sinnoh adventures. It was great to always see new Pokémon in the animé because back then I didn't play Pokémon, so each new one was unique and memorable.
Bad memory: we lost our cable so I never found if Ash won the Hearthome contest or not.
Also, another bad memory is when I watched some of the newer episodes on Pokémon.com. Iris is like the worst CoD online player mixed with the worst Pokémon trainer ever.​

I remember watching the Animé until Charizard started to obey him in OI. Unfortunately, they wouldn't play any newer episodes until about a year later and they'd just replay the same episodes from episode 1, 3 times in a row. At that time I stopped watching the Animé until the end of Master Quest.

BTW, why does everyone hate Iris so much? I know her voice is a bit grating and she says "You're such a kid!", but I find her a lot less annoying than Clian.

Blob55 said:
BTW, why does everyone hate Iris so much? I know her voice is a bit grating and she says "You're such a kid!", but I find her a lot less annoying than Clian.

You know whos really annoying? That girl that speaks fake French! Uh, whats her name. Burgundy! So annoying oui-oui!

Memorable Moments

I don't know about all of you but I was watching Pokemon from the very start, I have the first movie on a video tape and a moment I remember from my childhood was when ash first caught Caterpie ! Caterpie hated ash at first and kept attacking him with string shot hahah and Misty hated Caterpie, she would scream whenever it was near her [/color]

hqdefault.jpg

222088-ash_s_caterpie_super.png

images

RE: Memorable Moments

Caterpie, is one of the most OP Pokemon ever! A memory for me would be the episode in the Hoenn League, A Ruin with a View, because Relicanth looks like a pro, and when the Hoenn league started, (my favorite region) I thought this episode, (one of my top 10) was a great way to start the season off.
0311.jpg

Story incoming.

I was watching some random episode of B/W with a Pansear was doing some sort of training montage to try and learn solarbeam. It wasn't very interesting until it started doing push-ups and sit-ups, and then, there was a shot of it running alone down a street, and then jogging up stairs. When it finished climbing the stairs, it turned around, threw its arms up, and shouted its name into the sunset. I sat there on my couch, mouth wide open, and though to myself

did these fools just make a Rocky Balboa reference?

Pretty memorable moment for me.

Some Loser said:
Story incoming.

I was watching some random episode of B/W with a Pansear was doing some sort of training montage to try and learn solarbeam. It wasn't very interesting until it started doing push-ups and sit-ups, and then, there was a shot of it running alone down a street, and then jogging up stairs. When it finished climbing the stairs, it turned around, threw its arms up, and shouted its name into the sunset. I sat there on my couch, mouth wide open, and though to myself

did these fools just make a Rocky Balboa reference?

Pretty memorable moment for me.

hahaha i can just imagine me reacting the same way, haven't seen that episode myself but i have a prett clear idea thanks to your discription

I remember watching some episode where Pikachu had been badly hurt and Ash was trying to get Pikachu back into its pokeball, even though Pikachu doesn't like its pokeball, I was watching it and I think Ash said "Pikachu, come in here." as he had gotten out Pikachu's pokeball.

Pikafan said:
I remember watching some episode where Pikachu had been badly hurt and Ash was trying to get Pikachu back into its pokeball, even though Pikachu doesn't like its pokeball, I was watching it and I think Ash said "Pikachu, come in here." as he had gotten out Pikachu's pokeball.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
I remember the episode where that guy in the Gen4 anime abandoned his chimchar and Ash found it.

Yes, but why did those memories stand out to you the most?

The moment that will forever be solidified in my memory is when Ash stood in front of the Spearow to protect Pikachu. I don't know why, maybe because at the time I was a weak person that was easily bullied. And seeing the lone hero protect his friend. That got me right there. *points at chest*

I actually watched the anime before I started playing the games. The first episode I watched (and for a long time the only episode) was the one where Ash was battling in the Indigo League against Richie. He was using his Charizard, which wasn't listening to any of his commands. I loved the show, but as I didn't watch it from the start yet, I had no idea what it was about. Not until I bought the Pokémon games and when it was more popular (first game was Red), did I get really into it. I started collecting the cards and watched every episode on TV.

Charizard has always been my favorite, and I loved watching him battle. Some of my best memories are of him battling Magmar and Articuno, while my worst is probably him leaving Ash's main team to train. I love that he is back now!

There are dozens of good and bad memories from the anime, but one that always stuck with me was the episode explaining to the audience how Meowth actually learned how to speak in the human tongue. Meowth desperately wanted to attract that female Meowth that he would do anything to prove to her that he was special by speaking in the human tongue, but she eventually rejected him still. Meowth, though menacing at times, has held a place in my pokéheart because of this.

There are just way too many memories. One of them that I'll never forget is my first episode which was called Showdown at Dark City. You know the whole Electabuzz Vs. Scyther episode with a hint of Ash Ketchup. Anyways, I was at my grandparents house and they had cable so I was so pumped to finally watch an episode of Pokemon. I enjoyed the episode big time alright. Then came the ending where Team Rocket is cornered by Scyther and Electabuzz and then it went to the "To Be Continued" screen. The only other time I watched an episode that ended off with a TBC screen was an episode of Carmen Sandiago and that was an intense episode. So seeing this TBC screen I was really excited and couldn't wait to tell everyone the next day at school about what happened. Then this girl just had to ruin everything and said it in the most uninterested tone of voice "So what? That always happens." Turns out she wasn't kidding. :(

I watched the Pokémon anime on and off for the first season. I was already a teenager by then, so I was a bit too old to be in the right age group, but I did like Pokémon and wasn't adverse to watching an episode here and there. There are 3 episodes that stand out in my mind from that time:

1) The episode with Duplica and the Ditto. I remember really liking her and wishing she would travel along with Ash and Brock instead of Misty, who just always seemed like a bitch and added very little to the show. And yet, despite my dislike of Misty for her attitude, Jessie was always my favourite character (with James as a close second). Go figure.

2) Tom Ato and Pikachu's love affair with ketchup. I didn't even remember the rest of this episode at all until I recently rewatched it, but the horrible pun names stood out to me as a symbol of all the horrible puns the dub team was so fond of. And Pikachu and the ketchup was just awesome, not only for the hilarity, but to show Pikachu as more of a character instead of just being Ash's portable defibrillator and a target for all of Team Rocket's schemes, for some reason.

3) James's family and prospective bride. I always loved Team Rocket, and the episodes that focused on them were always my favourites. I guess this one stood out to me the most for how much it went into the backstory of the characters, something that isn't done very often. I always wished that James's Growlithe would have traveled along with them after the end of the episode, but no matter. Also, poor James.

I agree with your point about Jessie. I always liked her the most out of anyone (even Misty) because of the way her character was portrayed. Naturally I attribute this 100% to Rachael Lillis, her VA; not the writing. I mean all the characters were great but I feel like Jessie popped, her character delivery made her more than just an animation and that's why I remember her so fondly. Oh gosh and that maniacal laugh that she did was unmatched; my favorite part in an episode was getting to hear her laugh because it fit her character like a glove and actually made me chuckle every time, even as I got older.

Sadly that character died with the 4kids switchout. They all died, but especially Jessie. Admittedly, I was so hurt when that happened, lol. And although Team Rocket was never the same, the writing did improve and so, like you, they continued to be a few of my all time favorites .

Mine is the episode of that giant Dragonite and the Ghastly that knew how to speak. The common things those episodes had was the mistery of things you don't or won't know.

That giant dragon appearing from the ocean caught my attention and the hype it received of being rare... And with Ghastly we saw Venustoise and some animals that are supposed to not exist in the pokeverse.

The episodes of that photographer (i don't remember the name) trying to find Articuno touched me as well, for unknown reasons.

And to finish, i have been wanting to see what happened with the trainer that had a sandshrew and began to travel after he won 100 battles straight. I wonder if it was him that won the Pokemon league in the first season...

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk 2

Mine was in the Battle Frontier, actually. Me and my brother watched this, and suddenly, it was a meme between the two of us. Sitting in the car, driving on long and tedious travels, one of us would exclaim: "SNORLAX FLIES!?" and hilarity would ensue. Truly, a great moment in my history, and a great moment in Pokemon's history, as well.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzu7MaOM_v4[/video]

SNORLAX FLIES!?! ~Brock, being Seargent Whudduheq

Back