• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Melmetal Hat Trick

H0GGZ1LLA

Aspiring Trainer
** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List **

##Pokémon - 13

* 2 Eevee & Snorlax-GX TEU 171
* 2 Oranguru SUM 113
* 3 Meltan PR-SM SM177
* 3 Melmetal-GX PR-SM SM178
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 4 Switch CES 147
* 3 Metal Goggles TEU 148
* 3 Morgan TEU 149
* 3 Evelyn TEU 141
* 3 Dana TEU 137
* 3 Nita TEU 151
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 2 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 3 Steven’s Resolve CES 145

##Energy - 16

* 16 Metal Energy 17

Total Cards - 60

** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO **

I've actually been playing with Melmetal a little bit lately, and found that he is good as back up attacker in a non-GX metal deck. His attack cost is high and usually when people see that your playing it they go straight for your Magnemite/Magnezone.

I've also had the same Idea when creating a Primeape deck with the Ladies/Steven, however after multiple tests I found that even though I could get energies on my basics I couldn't really use them as the evolutions where little in my hand or buried in my deck and they would fall apart, thus I would end up using Tapu Lele as my main attacker in majority of cases.

Let me know though how your testing is.

I've actually been playing with Melmetal a little bit lately, and found that he is good as back up attacker in a non-GX metal deck. His attack cost is high and usually when people see that your playing it they go straight for your Magnemite/Magnezone.

I've also had the same Idea when creating a Primeape deck with the Ladies/Steven, however after multiple tests I found that even though I could get energies on my basics I couldn't really use them as the evolutions where little in my hand or buried in my deck and they would fall apart, thus I would end up using Tapu Lele as my main attacker in majority of cases.

Let me know though how your testing is.

My main issues I've been having are getting Melmetals up! But I've only lost 2 matches out of about 10 or so. Initially I have been using Eeveelax TTGX as my initial attacker as I set up Melmetal on the bench! Ideally I'd like to get a Meltan, and a Eeveelax and Lele all up before I use Morgan but it doesn't always work that way.

My main issues I've been having are getting Melmetals up! But I've only lost 2 matches out of about 10 or so. Initially I have been using Eeveelax TTGX as my initial attacker as I set up Melmetal on the bench! Ideally I'd like to get a Meltan, and a Eeveelax and Lele all up before I use Morgan but it doesn't always work that way.

That's always going to be the main issue, I did a variant with Leafeon Gx to just evolve my Mankeys before I used the Ladies in order to get primeapes out of my deck to increase the chance of getting energies, It does work but it also floods your deck with more cards that aren't going to be your main build, and if your opponent has a judge your dead in the water given that you would need to get the ladies out on your third turn.

The other issue is going to be with draw supporting. With the ladies you will need to get cards out of your deck in order to get more evolutions. Being that they depend on what evolution is sitting in your opponents active, some of them just become dead cards. With that you'll need at least 1 of them in your hand(or lele'd if you have steven) at the beginning requires you to carry more then is required. Seeing that draw support is more important with cards like Cynthia, makes cards like guzma dead weight and that itself can be scary.

The Ladies really are powerful in decks that don't require evolutions because once their played your setup, I also thought about using Lance prism to get stage 2 Dragons with high costs out, but that requires a little more work and can fail a little more then it would be worth it(still going to try it though).

Last edited:
That's always going to be the main issue, I did a variant with Leafeon Gx to just evolve my Mankeys before I used the Ladies in order to get primeapes out of my deck to increase the chance of getting energies, It does work but it also floods your deck with more cards that aren't going to be your main build, and if your opponent has a judge your dead in the water given that you would need to get the ladies out on your third turn.

The other issue is going to be with draw supporting. With the ladies you will need to get cards out of your deck in order to get more evolutions. Being that they depend on what evolution is sitting in your opponents active, some of them just become dead cards. With that you'll need at least 1 of them in your hand(or lele'd if you have steven) at the beginning requires you to carry more then is required. Seeing that draw support is more important with cards like Cynthia, makes cards like guzma dead weight and that itself can be scary.

The Ladies really are powerful in decks that don't require evolutions because once their played your setup, I also thought about using Lance prism to get stage 2 Dragons with high costs out, but that requires a little more work and can fail a little more then it would be worth it(still going to try it though).

If need be I like to use the ladies individually to stall! Dana let's you draw any 2 cards if your opponents Pokemon is Stage 2, Evelyn allows you to draw 4 cards if your opponent is stage 1 and Nita let's you pull an energy off of your opponent basic Pokemon stalling setup.

If need be I like to use the ladies individually to stall! Dana let's you draw any 2 cards if your opponents Pokemon is Stage 2, Evelyn allows you to draw 4 cards if your opponent is stage 1 and Nita let's you pull an energy off of your opponent basic Pokemon stalling setup.

That's exactly the issue you'll have, their dependent on your opponents play style. which means that your opponent has control of whats going on in your hand, being stuck with Evelyn in your hand and your opponent isn't playing a stage 1 then it's completely useless, and if the opponent does have a stage 1 on the bench you'll need to get it out in order to use that card - which then requires a Guzma or adding a Lycanroc to your build being that both will hinder either your turn(in the hopes that he doesn't Guzma you back) or clogging up your deck with more cards.

That's exactly the issue you'll have, their dependent on your opponents play style. which means that your opponent has control of whats going on in your hand, being stuck with Evelyn in your hand and your opponent isn't playing a stage 1 then it's completely useless, and if the opponent does have a stage 1 on the bench you'll need to get it out in order to use that card - which then requires a Guzma or adding a Lycanroc to your build being that both will hinder either your turn(in the hopes that he doesn't Guzma you back) or clogging up your deck with more cards.

Yeah it's all dependent on the deck I've thought of adding a Cynthia for that situation but Ive never faced it yet and the deck just keeps winning

Yeah it's all dependent on the deck I've thought of adding a Cynthia for that situation but Ive never faced it yet and the deck just keeps winning

That's good man, I'm not trying to say not to use them. I'm just explaining out the issues I've had with Stage 1 main attackers. As I've always ended up using Basics in order to attack.

Oh yeah I understand! Thanks for the advice though, not trying to be hard on ya, aside from Ray/PikaRom/Eeveelax Hats and maybe the old school Night Marshadow deck, I've never had this much success!

Back