RMT MegaMeta

UltimateInferno

Guess you could say I like Infernape
After having many teams at once and messing around with all of them, I've decided that it was a stupid idea. Instead, I decided to concentrate on one team and one team only. I've decided to go for my favourite team (fortunately for me, it was also my best team). After about 2months of using this team and changing it around a little, I think I may have finally completed it! Some of you may recognise a few of these pokes because this team is an updated version of a team I posted on this website a while back. That's enough of talking now, so lets get on with the team!

The Team at a glance:
Garchomp GIF.gifGengar GIF.gifMetagross_Shiny GIF.gifSylveon GIF.gifUmbreon GIF.gifRotom-W GIF.gif

The Team:

Garchomp GIF.gif

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Iron Head

Garchomp is an amazing pokemon, his coverage is amazing and his stats are just as great! Personally, I like to use Garchomp as a Revenge Killer/Late Game sweeper, hence the Choice Band. Once I get my Garchomp switched in safely, his Band boosted attacks, along with his max speed, will always do some damage to the opposing team. Earthquake and Dragon Claw are there for obvious reasons. I have chosen Dragon Claw over Outrage because I despise any move that requires more than 1 turn to complete/execute. Fire Blast is for Ice type coverage and Iron Head to deal with Fairies+Flinch.

Gengar GIF.gif
Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 180 SpA / 76 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Hypnosis
- Substitute

Gengar is a great pokemon, and it is also one of my favourites. His Speed matched with his Special Attack makes his a formidable pokemon, with his only downside being the fact that he is fragile and can usually be taken down with 2/3 neutral attacks. Shadow Ball and Sludge Wave are for obvious reasons. Hypnosis allows Gengar to use a Substitute and will give him, on average, 2-3 turns to allow the leftovers to heal the damage cause by the Substitute. Once he is behind the Substitute, I will not have to worry about being killed, at least for one turn.. If I were to replace any pokemon, it would be this guy right here, but that seems very unlikely as Gengar is my main counter to Psychic types and he is my best special attacker.

Metagross_Shiny GIF.gif
Metank (Metagross) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch

I love Mega Metagross, and I love shiny pokemon. Mega Metagross is the best possible combination of the two, with its Silver colour and bits of Gold. The team is mainly centred around my MegaMeta, with his high speed, natural bulk and a devastating attack stat, there is only a few pokemons that can successfully check MegaMeta. Bullet Punch is for its priority, along with STAB and Metanks high attack, it can cause some serious damage. Earthquake is for coverage and Meteor Mash is for obvious reasons (I'm considering changing it to Iron Head because of accuracy). Ice Punch is for Dragon, Ground and Grass type coverage.

Sylveon GIF.gif
Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Light Screen
- Wish
- Hyper Voice

Sylveon is a great pokemon, and nobody can deny that it can prove to be a great Special Wall. That is exactly what I decided to use it as! Calm Mind and Light Screen are for extra defensive coverage. Wish is for healing purposes and also allows Sylveon to pass the wish onto another pokemon in need of it. Hyper Voice is it's only attack, and it's the only attack it'll need, with Pixilate, it will allow Sylveon to get that STAB boost, enhancing the base attack power by 1.5. Deadly stuff. The Bold nature is simply to try and even the two defences a little bit so that she isn't completely destroyed by physical pokemon.

Umbreon GIF.gif
Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

This set alone has won me quite a lot of battles, namely rage quits. ToxicStall is truly a force to be reckoned with. The only 2 flaws with my Umbreon is the fact that it is complete bait to Taunt, it is, however, not that much of a weakness due to the lack of pokemon actually using Taunt. The second flaw is the fact that I cannot touch Poison types with this set. Wish/Protect is a great combination and I could also use the wish for the needs of other pokemon. Heal Bell allows Umbreon to remove any Toxic/Burns that opponents may have inflicted onto Umbreon and any other one of my pokemon. Toxic is obvious. This set allows Umbreon to become a fully viable pokemon within OU as he can hold out his own against most, if not all, attacks.

Rotom-W GIF.gif
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 28 SpA / 100 SpD / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute

Rotom-Wash is the last pokemon and the one to complete the team. He checks quite a lot of OP pokemon and he is just amazing. He is great both defensively and offensively. Thunderbolt and Hydro Pump are for obvious reasons. Will-O-Wisp is to nullifies physically offensive pokemon and Substitute is for obvious reasons. Leftovers allows Rotom-W to heal off the Substitute damage.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 28 SpA / 100 SpD / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute

Gengar @ Leftovers
EVs: 180 SpA / 76 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Hypnosis
- Substitute

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Iron Head

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Light Screen
- Wish
- Hyper Voice

Metank (Metagross) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

Advice and creative criticism is welcome.

Hi there ! I'm glad you've found your winning team :] It looks way better now. Like before, I like the combination of hard hitting Garchomp and Metagross.
I still think you have a problem of double roles. The sets of Sylveon and Umbreon are very similar (defensive Wish passers) as well as Gengar and Rotom (Sub+Status). This is not a bad thing for itself but it does hold you from adding other necessary roles like SR setter, Defogger, Revenge Killer etc,
I believe this team would have a hard time with Taunt Mega Alakazam+Bisharp/Weavile core. Your Rotom-W can help a lot against them but I think you should add a revenge killer to your team that can handle crazy fast Pokemon that your defensive team cannot handle by themselves. Ferrothorn, another annoying threat. I think your Mega Metagross is the only one who can viably stop it fast but then again it is your best attacker that you want to save for mid to late game, so I think you should have another answer to it. I think you should replace Umbreon as you already have Sylveon for Wish and Gengar+Rotom-W for status. Also, it is a Taunt bait- meaning that if someone uses Taunt against your Umbreon, it becomes useless.
I think there are more things to consider but I don't want to write too much before hearing what you think :)

I think you should replace Umbreon as you already have Sylveon for Wish and Gengar+Rotom-W for status.
Personally, I don't think that my Umbreon should be replaced, he is always my safe switch in if I am in trouble as he can tank any hit, the only attack that I will ever need to really worry about is Super Power or any strong bug type move (bug buzz or technician+stab powered bug bite from mega Scizor), however, the only bug type move that it really used is U-Turn so no real worries. I wouldn't, however, mind swapping out my Sylveon for a Defogger pokemon, I am thinking of swapping out my sylveon for the pokemon it replaced, Togekiss. It may not be very fast but it can Thunder Wave the fast pokemon if necessary. But before I do, I want to know who you would swap Sylveon out for. Latias does seem like the better choice.

I still think you have a problem of double roles. The sets of Sylveon and Umbreon are very similar (defensive Wish passers) as well as Gengar and Rotom (Sub+Status). This is not a bad thing for itself but it does hold you from adding other necessary roles like SR setter, Defogger, Revenge Killer etc
If I were to replace my Sylveon for a Defogger Latias, I would most likely have Latias as a Fast Special Attacking pokemon so that it can also replace Gengar (because Gengar is quite fragile). The next question is, who is going to be my SR setter? I am perhaps thinking of using a Spore Smeargle to set up the SR along with Toxic Spikes and even Sticky Web to further my advantage. But the chances of it working seems low. So I will again wait for your response before I may any big changes to my team.

I'm not even going to lie but the amount of times that I have used Substitute on my Rotom-W is little to none. So I will be replacing it with Volt-Switch for the time being and see how that goes

Also, for the record, the Hypnosis on my Gengar was for the sole purpose of allowing it to substitute and heal up the sub damage. IF it fails then I am screwed because of the Sleep Clause Mod. So I wouldn't really consider is as a status pokemon.

I am anxious to hear your thoughts on this, I always like to hear the opinions of others before I make any changes.

I think you should at least put Foul Play on Umbreon. The metagame is filled with Taunt users just waiting for an opportunity like that to make your Umbreon a set-up bait. However, Klefki can be a better choice for you- Klefki has Prankster, allowing it to use any status move with priority. This means that you can use Thunder Wave or Toxic first before your fastest opponent. Furthermore, Klefki has the ability to set up spikes- which gives you more chances to OHKO your opponent's Pokemon with Mega Meta and Garchomp.
Klefki can set up dual screens if you need, which of course also get priority thanks to its ability. And Klefki's defensive type and stats do not fall under Umbreon's.

Latias is also a great Pokemon to use. It provides you with Defog and Healing Wish. Defog for clearing hazards and Healing Wish to give Garchomp or Mega Meta another chance to sweep if they get weakened or a status condition. In addition, Latias can bait Ferrothorn with Hidden Power Fire instead of Psychic/Psyshock. For you, it would be easier to give up on the Psychic Stab move in favor of HP Fire, since you already have Mega Meta for Psychic coverage.

If you feel like it is too hard to set Hypnosis with Gengar, try to give it Taunt or Focus Blast. Taunt can stop Pokemon from setting up on you during a Sub, and Focus Blast can bait Pursuit users like Bisharp. (works great with sub since Gengar is faster and it gives you a way to attack without the fear from Sucker Punch).

Lastly, Rotom-W is a great pivot, so I agree you should use the standard set.

Try to play with these changes, see what works for you and what you think is worth keeping or changing. If you want Umbreon, for example, in the team because you feel like you personally battle with it well, keep it. However, make sure it is not becoming a dead weight on your team. As long as it's working good for you, that's great :]

Not a bad team! Yeah I recommend putting Foul Play over Toxic on Umbreon. If your opponent uses Substitute than they have a free turn to do whatever, while being protected by the sub. I would also use Barrier over Light Screen on Sylveon because Calm Mind already boosts your Sp. Def. I also recommend taking Bullet Punch off of Metagross and changing it to Agility, which lets Metagross be faster in the long run, rather than just a priority move. This team also looks like it takes a lot of pressure from opposing Gengar. With Toxic on Umbreon Gengar can just do as it pleases, Shadow Ball OHKOs Mega Metagross, 2HKO's Garchomp (Garchomp can 2HKO with Dragon Claw back, but gets out-sped anyways), 2HKO's and outspeeds Rotom-W as well, and if it has Hypnosis, just cripple the closest thing to a counter.

I recommend taking Gengar out and replacing it with Assault Vest Raikou
Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Shadow Ball / Extrasensory

The last two is your option because while both get rid of Gengar, Shadow Ball lets you 2HKO Latios and Extrasensory let's you hit Venusaur, which also looks like a big threat to your team.

Last edited:
Back