• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mega Venuvolt/Vikasaur

Wockomtosh

Aspiring Trainer
This is a deck list I came up with based on mega Venusaur from generations and Vikavolt from SM1

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******
##Pokémon - 17
* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 3 Grubbin SM 13
* 3 Venusaur-EX EVO 1
* 3 M Venusaur-EX GEN 2
* 3 Charjabug SM 51
* 3 Vikavolt SM 52
##Trainer Cards - 34
* 4 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 N FAC 105
* 1 Lysandre AOR 78
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 1 Escape Rope PLS 120
* 4 Forest of Giant Plants AOR 74
* 3 Level Ball AOR 76
* 2 Nest Ball SM 123
* 1 Rare Candy PLB 85
* 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 3 Venusaur Spirit Link EVO 89
##Energy - 9
* 5 Grass Energy Energy 1
* 4 Lightning Energy Energy 4
Total Cards - 60
****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The idea is to get Vikavolt set up quick so that you can get Venusaur going. Rare candy doesn't work with forest, but should I include it? Also, I don't have shaymin so if anyone wants to test this and let me know if it even sort of works that would be great! Any suggestions are helpful! It's mostly a fun deck, in the current format it would be too slow (most of the time) to be any good.

That didn't even occur to me, but that's a good idea! Should I run 2 or 3 for that? I could take out the nest balls, they are just to grab extra Venusaurs, so they aren't super necessary.

That didn't even occur to me, but that's a good idea! Should I run 2 or 3 for that? I could take out the nest balls, they are just to grab extra Venusaurs, so they aren't super necessary.
3 Is a bit excessive I think 2 would be fine

If the main attacker is M Venusaur, let me doubt about his partner. Vikavolt is a Stage 2, the time you spend to set it up is almost the time you would spend to power up the M Venusaur.
My experience with that M Venusaur says that the best way to speed it up is with Max Elixirs, Mega Turbos and DCEs. Forest of Giant Plants is not really needed.
Another option is playing it with Dragonair from Sun & Moon, but I haven't tried it yet to tell you if it works in practice or not.

Hope it helps :)

Back