• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mega tyranitar/Hoopa

archangeljuicy

Aspiring Trainer
Hello guys, i've been away from TCG for 2 years and want to get back into playing,but haven't touched on the new cards yet. once I knew ttar was going to be rotated out I was sad, then found out that it got reprinted in a collection box which made me happy since I can replay him. I want to use him in standard and still have the deck perform well in expanded without changing the deck for expanded, so any help is greatly appreciated since I know next to diddly squat in whAt new cards are good since the rotation. this is the deck lost I have from the last time I wanted to touch with the deck to try and play with it for standard format.

pokemon
  • 3 Tyranitar EX (AOR 42)
  • 3 Mega Tyranitar (AOR 43)
  • 3 Yveltal (XY 78)
  • 3 hoopa(Steam Siege)
  • 1 Yveltal EX (XY 79)
  • 2 shaymin ex
  • 1 hoopa ex

Trainers
  • 4 sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 2 lysander
  • 1 hex maniac
  • 1 pokemon ranger
  • 4 ultra ball
  • 2 mega turbo
  • 3 Tyranitar spirit link
  • 1 silent lab
  • 2 reverse valley
  • 3 vs seeker
  • 3 assault vest
  • 3 trainers mail

Energy
  • 8 dark
  • 4 dce

Sorry to break it you but... Unless it's a new Tyranitar Ex that is different it won't be playable. They are probably just releasing the old one for collectors, but don't lose hope there is still a chance that it's new. And anyway you can play him in expanded, once we get some clarification on the new tyranitar I can help you out on the deck. But you might want to stick to try and make a counter for some of the biggest decks right now like gardevoir or Golisopod. Or play one of them yourself with a couple of tweaks.

But if anything it would be Tyranitar GX, because they don't make exs anymore.

Sorry to break it you but... Unless it's a new Tyranitar Ex that is different it won't be playable. They are probably just releasing the old one for collectors, but don't lose hope there is still a chance that it's new. And anyway you can play him in expanded, once we get some clarification on the new tyranitar I can help you out on the deck. But you might want to stick to try and make a counter for some of the biggest decks right now like gardevoir or Golisopod. Or play one of them yourself with a couple of tweaks.
Its not a reprint, its just a...how do you say it.....a repackaging....?

Back