Pokémon Mega Sableye's Restricting Teambuilding?

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Recently I have noticed how I am constantly thinking about Mega Sableye in the process of teambuilding. It usually ends up with me adding either Clefable or Heatran. I really want to use other Pokemon, but every team I make has either one of these checks. I know that there are a few Mega Pokemon that can also help against this threat, such as Mega Charizard and Mega Altaria. However, I was wondering if there are more non-mega options that are valid against M.Sableye. Additionally, since it usually comes at the beginning of the battle, I feel like I need a Pokemon that can be used at the beginning (a lead) and be effective against it, so that is another point for why I don't like the option to choose Mega Pokemon that can check it, as they are usually better to keep for mid to late game.

How do you deal with this Pokemon ? Do you also find it as restricting as I find it?

Options that occur to me which are not listed in OP:

- Choice Specs or Sub + CM Keldeo is a nice answer. The latter can win the CM war thanks to status immunity with Sub and Scald burns.

- Mega Diancie

- Suicide leads with Stealth Rock + Skill Swap (Azelf, Uxie) are good for HO teams. Azelf struggles with Fake Out M-Sableye.

- Absurd special attackers which can just nuke it make good leads.

Back