Mega Sableye Officially Revealed! [6/11]

yu6 said:
It was strange that we had Mega Mawile and not Sableye XD
Now I'm waiting for Mega Metagross, Salamence, Johto Starters and Mega Rayquaza! XD

I'm sorry to burst you're bubble but its a very small chance that we will get non gen 3 megas then again I could be wrong.

I think it would be nice aesthetically at least if the color of the gem changed depending on what game you are playing.
Red for Omega Ruby and blue for Alpha Sapphire.

There are weird, and there is just plain weird, and Mega Sableye is the later case, but very creative.

Since Mega Mawile got Huge Power, I would expect Mega Sableye to get an ability that cut damages by half.

Well this is fun, I will have to give Sableye a chance this time around. Now bring on the rest, I hope we get at least one Gen V Mega Evolution...

It seems to me that in this game, the conditions of an area will be used to justify why some Mega Stones are found in Hoenn, and other in Kalos.

Am I missing something? He gets a big red shield. Looks like his model is stuck in the middle of a cool looking attack. Hardly compares to the metamorphosis of other Mega Pokemon.

Genius715 said:
Well this is fun, I will have to give Sableye a chance this time around. Now bring on the rest, I hope we get at least one Gen V Mega Evolution...

It seems to me that in this game, the conditions of an area will be used to justify why some Mega Stones are found in Hoenn, and other in Kalos.

The official Japanese we site did state that there are undiscovered Mega Stone in the Hoenn region.

I was starting to wonder if I was the only one who didn't like Mega Sableye at all... They're getting lazy with the Megas...
Seriously, I really dislike megas who barely change in appearance and Mega Sableye is like Mega Kangaskhan all over again... at least, with Mega Kangaskhan, the baby changed appearance and it looked like a new pokémon... in the case of Sableye, what Mega evolves is... a stone... -_-'
Sure, it's a creative idea and Sableye deserved a Mega, but couldn't have they changed its apperance a bit more?

Anyway, as already mentioned, its defenses will increase by a huge amount (maybe its physical defense more than its special defense), but I can't figure out which ability it could have to help that... I thought of Solid Rock but it only protects from super effective hits, it has to be something more generic... Maybe it has a new ability...

I'm not sure we'll get a Mega Rayquaza...because I think we should get a Primal Rayquaza to follow with Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre.

Mega Sableye is...kind of interesting but we've seen better mega evolutions. It will be interesting to see what it does. And to see what else we get...I'd like Megas of Salamence and Flygon. Metagross would be cool too.

I found how weird Mawile got the Mega but Sableye didn't, because they are like counterparts since the original RS.

Glad that they fixed this. Looks really cool.

*facepalm*
What the hell!? Does it gets some hole in the chest or what? I like its new eyes but the rest is just lame. Mega-Sableye, the sneaky shield Pokémon. :rolleyes:

You deserved it Sableye!

I wonder what ability it'll get; Wonder Guard, Stance Change (Please!) or old fashioned Prankster?

I hope Phoebe will have Mega Sableye in her team, I need some tough challengers!

Sableye was always weird but now... It's got some shield...
On another note, I wonder how this will change VGC. I doubt sableye will stay in its current tier.

I love the new Sableye! I'm still so happy to know more Mega Pokémon are coming! From the description I assume he's getting a major defence increase. Some people mentioned Wonder Guard, but that would be waaay too strong. Perhaps his ability makes its Gem sort of like a Substitute that takes damage for it every hit? Maybe it's a different version of Wonder Guard that only allows it to be hit by moves that are Super Effective on Rock Type Pokémon, since he's hiding behind a gem. :p

Drohn said:
I love the new Sableye! I'm still so happy to know more Mega Pokémon are coming! From the description I assume he's getting a major defence increase. Some people mentioned Wonder Guard, but that would be waaay too strong. Perhaps his ability makes its Gem sort of like a Substitute that takes damage for it every hit? Maybe it's a different version of Wonder Guard that only allows it to be hit by moves that are Super Effective on Rock Type Pokémon, since he's hiding behind a gem. :p

If it got a Wonder Guard or Wonder Guard-esque ability, it would be like a nod to the cheaters from before generation six; and that, frankly, would be pretty darn cool.

"It's jewel hardens into such strength that no attack can make a scratch!" Hmmm that means walling or trolling will be more common. Unless it doesn't have Prankster anymore.

Back