Discussion Mega Ray Discussion.

MoFoTY86

Aspiring Trainer
Hello fellow Beaches! (hope that doesn't get me in trouble.) I was thinking on what deck should I focus on next for the upcoming League Cup next month, which may have Guardians Rising legal to use. It seems Mega Ray has been my newest and easiest deck to run since it doesn't take much to set up your field. Last League Cap I went to, I played Mega Ray with Volcanion/Salamence variant and finished 16th out of 29. The biggest loss was to Dark Lions. Lost 2-0 mainly because of Giratina putting me in a lock. So what would you do in this situation.

Opponent uses Enhanced Hammer on the Mega Ray's DC and uses Chaos Wheel. Putting you in Stadium, Special Energy and Tool lock.

On your next turn, you have a DC in your hand, with VS Seeker with Pokémon Ranger and Hex in Graveyard.

In this deck I didn't run Stardust Jirachi so I wouldn't be able to send out a Jirachi to use Stardust to discard the DDE and the attack to Jirachi lock effect.

What would you do?

There are many other possibilities that could help. Maybe use the Salamence, but would make sure to have the DC on it already and just attach the Fire Energy, switch to it and then attack, hoping there are a lot of EXs on their side. Or Escape Rope to another Mega Ray, hoping they only have an EX/GX to switch to, play Pokémon Ranger, attach DC and attack for another 2-card prize.

Or is there another variant you would use?

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
I actually use Mega Ray with Jolteon. If the opponent has Giratina active, you can just lock it out. Another good idea would be Glaceon because it is able to lock each evolved GX (Lurantis etc.) plus Garbodor.
There is just one thing: After SM3 release Ray isn't playable anyway (Necrozma)

EmptyApartment

Aspiring Trainer
There's a League Challenge for me coming up this Tuesday. I am also thinking I might run M Ray. If I do, think I'll run the metal version since Espeon GX sees play atm and Magearna will help with that.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
I actually use Mega Ray with Jolteon. If the opponent has Giratina active, you can just lock it out. Another good idea would be Glaceon because it is able to lock each evolved GX (Lurantis etc.) plus Garbodor.
There is just one thing: After SM3 release Ray isn't playable anyway (Necrozma)
If the seatle results prove anything is that if something is weak to physic it will be absolutely worthless this format so necrozma is not a mega ray killer