• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mega Pidgeot Deck

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
Hey all, this is my first post on here. I'm hoping that I can get some feedback on this Mega Pidgeot deck that I've been running online. It's been performing well (13-7 through the first 20 games), but I feel like I can make some tweaks to make it better. As for some of the Trainer cards I use, I'd like to run more Mega Turbo and Super Rod, but don't know what to take out. Delinquent has surprisingly been incredibly useful in this deck and fits the disruption theme that Mega Pidgeot utilizes. This deck was running Hex Maniac and Pokémon Ranger, but I never used them and they became Ultra Ball fodder. If you think I should put them back in though let me know. Thanks!

##Pokémon - 12

* 4 Pidgeot-EX EVO 64
* 3 M Pidgeot-EX EVO 105
* 1 Hoopa-EX AOR 89
* 2 Trubbish BKP 56
* 2 Garbodor BKP 57

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 4 Trainers' Mail
* 2 N
* 1 Mega Turbo
* 3 Pidgeot Spirit Link
* 2 Shrine of Memories
* 1 Super Rod
* 1 Lysandre
* 4 Professor Sycamore
* 1 Escape Rope
* 2 Pokémon Center Lady
* 1 Special Charge
* 1 Skyla
* 1 Parallel City
* 2 Float Stone
* 4 Ultra Ball
* 4 VS Seeker
* 1 Delinquent

##Energy - 13

* 9 Psychic Energy
* 4 Double Colorless Energy

Total Cards - 60

cool deck quite like it!, for poke ranger, i rarely face people that i need to use it so as for me i removed it, but hex maniac is usefull! i was thinking of dropping 1 poke center lady if you need more mega turbo.

-1 poke ranger
-1 poke center lady

+2 turbo or

+1 turbo
+1 super rod

appart from that, i really like it!

Cool list! I think 13 energy is too much. I think you could easily cut 2 energy for more Mega Turbo, and/or another N (since you don't run Shaymin, 3/4 N/Sycamore is a good ratio, at least that's what has worked for me in the past). I would suggest reconsidering running a Hex Maniac, as certain decks rely on abilities to function. Even with Garbodor, decks will target it down and Hex Maniac can be a great answer while you get another going. Just my two cents.

EDIT:

I agree with Creez about reducing the count of PCL to 1, since you won't be needing it early game. I would replace that card with a second copy of Lysandre. It's good to have, and it has great synergy with Mach Cyclone.

Back