• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Mega Mewtwo-EX/Leafeon-GX

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon: 19
3x Mega Mewtwo-EX (Psychic Infinity)
3x Mewtwo-EX (X Ball) .
1x Mewtwo-EX (Photon Wave)
2x Leafeon-GX
1x Leafeon PLF
3x Eevee (Energy Evolution)
2x Octillery BKT
2x Remoraid BKT
2x Tapu Lele-GX

Trainers: 30
3x Professor Sycamore
2x Cynthia
2x N
2x Guzma
1x Gardenia
1x Brock's Grit

4x VS Seeker
4x Mega Turbo
3x Float Stone
2x Mewtwo Spirit Link
2x Nest Ball
1x Field Blower

1x Parallel City
1x Magnetic Storm

Energy:
7x Grass Energy
4x Double Colourless Energy

This deck's strategy relies on using Leafeon-GX's Grand Bloom-GX attack to instantly evolve Mewtwo-EX and Remoraid on the bench as quickly as possible. I've included the 3 copies of Float Stone to get Eevee/Leafeon in and out of the Active and 3 copies of Nest Ball to slap my Basics down. I saw no need for Ultra Ball and Mysterious Treasure because I believe I have sufficient draw power. Next Destinies Mewtwo was certainly the most favourable for me as its X-Ball attack doesn't require Psychic Energy but I included one copy of Photon Wave Mewtwo from BREAKThrough because it can be a nice wall with its damage reduction. 1 copy of Leafeon from Plasma Freeze in addition to my big Leafeons means I have an excellent 1 prize attacker that I can trade prizes using - it also crushes Volcanion which I have seen a lot of on the Expanded TCGO ladder lately because they like to load Energy onto the board. Kept my Supporter count fairly low because of VS Seeker and Octillery. 1 copy of Gardenia allows me to properly tank alongside Leafeon-GX's Breath of the Leaves ability and Brock's Grit in my opinion is an extremely underrated card for recycling resources. Two different stadiums: Parallel City for bench limitation and Magnetic Storm so that I don't have to attach and extra energy in the Zoroark matchup. Finally, a couple of copies of Spirit Link mean I can Mega Evolve later in the game although it isn't ideal.

Let me know what you guys think of the deck!

I think the Leafeon-GX/Mega Evolution strategy works better with Megas that either A: Don’t have Spirit Links such as Kangaskhan, Heracross, and Lucario or B: Mega’s that would love extra Tool cards such as Tyranitar, Scizor, Gardevoir (STS) and again Lucario. Clawitzer in my opinion is also pretty good with these decks as not only does so much Special Energy exist in Expanded to make use of the ability, but it can also easily be searched out by Grand Bloom GX. Mega Mewtwo is honestly outclassed by Gardevoir-GX, and outside of maybe using Spell Tag it doesn’t have too much good options in comparison to Gardevoir.

I’m going to be honest, I think this is not the best Mega Mewtwo list. Even landing all 4 Mega Turbo and a DCE in 1 turn is a maximum of 190 without their Energies, and that’s already extremely unlikely to happen. I think this works best with a from-the-discard accelerator such as Malamar, Eelektrik, or Bronzong. I list all of those here because I believe they are the best to build with the deck and all offer different and maybe even amazing additions to the deck. Malamar allows you to use either Memory Energy, Shining Celebi/Celebi-EX, or Shrine of Memories to allow use of Damage Swap quickly and easily, which can drastically improve any mu vs. spread. Now given the amount of spread decks in expanded, I don’t think this is particularly good, but it could come in handy. It also allows the use of attackers such as Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX and Necrozma-GX, which both have their uses. Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX’s GX attack is stellar if you are losing the prize game, and can drastically improve most matchups given it KOs. You also have Invasion, which allows easy and free movement. Necrozma-GX’s GX attack is good if you want to do a little bit of spread damage and lighten things up a little bit. It’s primary attack is also good to just plain blow things up if you can. It’s ability isn’t really useful but if you ever find yourself needing it then cool I guess. Eelektrik allows the use of radically different attackers to the deck such as Pikachu & Zekrom-GX and maybe even Raikou-EX. Pikachu & Zekrom is already Expanded meta so obviously it should have some merit here. Full Blitz allows you to easily attach Energy to your Mega Mewtwo-EX, which in turn can blow things up with it’s 3 Lightning Energy and whatever else you attach to it. Tag Bolt also allows you to get ahead in prize cards if you can use it. Raikou-EX let’s you bench snipe, which not too useful, may prove to be something useful in the long run, you never know. Unlike Necrozma-GX, Raikou-EX’s attack can target Pokémon that aren’t EX or GX, possibly allowing you to snipe something before it evolves, though I’m unsure how useful this is or how often you would pull it off to make it useful. Last but certainly not least is Bronzong, which can allow for fasting attachments because it has the possibility of going up T1 (So does Malamar, but it’s too hard to pull off to actually be useful for this deck). It allows use of Dialga, Dusk Mane Necrozma-GX, and Dialga-GX. Dialga drastically improves your mu against a lot of evolution decks as it’s attack will normally KO a bigger Pokémon, and helps you vs Zoroark especially. Dusk Mane Necrozma-GX allows easy KO’s in it’s GX attack, and it’;s primary attack allows you to do a lot of damage and not be vulnerable to Energy punishment during the next turn (Gumshoos-GX, Gardevoir-GX, Tapu Lele-GX, etc.). Dialga-GX obviously improves your game as Timeless, if use for a KO, not only allows you to have those prize cards taken, but also another turn to use Metal Links.

Okay, so that’s really all I have on those three. I think those are the better options for the deck over Leafeon-GX, but of course use what you like! As for the current list, I’ll argue Zoroark-GX is a better draw support than Octillery as it can not only attack, but also lands Energy in the discard pile to later be used with Mega Turbo, and can be used with bigger hands. If you can somehow fit it in, Sceptile (PRC) would be a great addition to the deck. Healing 30 isn’t really good, but that instant Energy acceleration helps you a lot. Actually, the 30 healing combined with Leafeon-GX’s possible 50 could actually swing some things, you never know. Leafeon-GX’s main purpose in the first place is to go for strong T1’s, which your deck in all honesty won’t achieve too often with the current list. I would actually remove the entire Octillery line, and 1 Photon Wave Mewtwo-EX, for 4 Ultra Balls and Shaymin-EX. You can also possibly replace a Tapu Lele-GX for a Shaymin-EX if you see fit. Gardenia isn’t really useful, remove it. There’s too much OHKOs in expanded to make it worth it. Brock’s Grit is a Supporter card, replace it with either Super Rod or Rescue Stretcher. Both Stadiums should become Sky Fields so you can bench more Pokémon to evolve. Cut a Float Stone and Mewtwo Spirit Link, along with 1 N, 2 Cynthia and that’s 2 2-2-2 Sceptile lines (remember we cut Gardenia as well). You can keep nest balls, honestly i’m iffy on this though. I’m still sensing consistency issues, as you have no Mail/Acro Bike/Order Pad/Judge Whistles. Keep in mind this is only if you want a strong T1. Otherwise, I would just replace the Octillery lines for Zoroark lines, and honestly for this deck type if you can fit in an Alolan Muk, you really should. Getting that out T1 would be so devastating for other current meta decks. I’d also cut a Float Stone and spirit link for 2 Mysterious Treasure, as you honestly don’t have enough consistency. Also replace Gardenia and Brock’s Grit for more consistency, maybe another Treasure or Computer Search. Ah, I completely forgot about that in the last changes I recommenced for the speed list! But definitely include that in the speed list, maybe for the Tapu Lele-gX we talked about replacing for Shaymin-EX?

Anyways, I love this idea and I hope it works for you!!

Back