Discussion Mega Man / Garbodor

fr33land

Weak competitive trainer.
Okay, so the idea is to run Mega Man with Garbodor. Also, to run Wobbuffet. Either you are starting with Wobbuffet or Manectric and working toward Turbo Bolt with the help of Max Elixir. Wobuffet blocks turn 1 Archeops, Vile plume and Shaymin drops. Evolve Garbodor and attach one of your numerous float stones (since Wobbuffet will find them handy also). Then swarm with Mr Man and abuse Max Potion and free retreat. Wobbuffet can jump in and finish off nearly any pokemon (barring the Primal Reversion and so on) that survive Turbo Bolt.
Any obvious flaws with this plan?
Regice is the only thing I can think of that could sweep, since without damage it won't be threatened by Wobbs. Lysandre around it I suppose.
Opening with Wobbs really seems to hurt a lot of decks, they kind of need escape rope or Lysandre turn 1.
EDIT: Duh. Just saw the thread in the meta decks. Face palm.

Last edited:
Okay, so the idea is to run Mega Man with Garbodor. Also, to run Wobbuffet. Either you are starting with Wobbuffet or Manectric and working toward Turbo Bolt with the help of Max Elixir. Wobuffet blocks turn 1 Archeops, Vile plume and Shaymin drops. Evolve Garbodor and attach one of your numerous float stones (since Wobbuffet will find them handy also). Then swarm with Mr Man and abuse Max Potion and free retreat. Wobbuffet can jump in and finish off nearly any pokemon (barring the Primal Reversion and so on) that survive Turbo Bolt.
Any obvious flaws with this plan?
Regice is the only thing I can think of that could sweep, since without damage it won't be threatened by Wobbs. Lysandre around it I suppose.
Opening with Wobbs really seems to hurt a lot of decks, they kind of need escape rope or Lysandre turn 1.
EDIT: Duh. Just saw the thread in the meta decks. Face palm.

This deck wont work against bats as well due to Wobbuffet only blocking abilities from Pokémon that are not Psychic-Types. Trevenant Break will also prove rather rough for this deck as well. Night March is another possible matchup that will prove to be hard as they'll usually set up much more quickly than you will and could easily snipe out your M. Manectric or Shaymin with either Buddy Buddy Rescue or Target Whistle.

True, Wobbuffet cannot stop bats or Hoopa spamming. Bats I wouldn't be worried about first turn, but Hoopa sometimes accompanies M Rayquaza who easily one bangs M Manectric (his weakness somewhat balances this making for a fairly even match?). Garbodor would ultimately protect against the bats, who might take a few turns to KO it anyway. Night March is bad because of prize exchange and the lack of an alternate non EX attacker (Wobbs is useless in this regard). Against Trevenant Break. . . I don't know. . . without spirit link I'd need some way to protect Garbodor even if I was able in some way to attach a tool, it even has 160 HP or something.
Thinking about it for a friendly tonight, my other options are Garchomp / Wobbuffet (the fear of Archeops NVI is very high), Dual Magnezones (which is simply fun) or W.M.G.
Out of the bad matchups I expect and you outlined, I imagine Lando Bats will show up, Y.Z.G. w/Archeops, Plasma Gale (TDK with a strong Lugia EX component), Seismitoad / Bats, perhaps also in attendance Entei / Charizard, Sableye / Garbodor oh and definitely an excellent Vespiquen / Flareon deck. It's an outside chance that Giratina / Tyrantrum EX Bronzong deck might show up. Based on these expected matchups could you please recommend a deck? Or is the field to diverse? I can't play Trev because I simply refuse to now try and collect Trev XY. Any advice would be lovely.
I could field Entei Charizard, YZG no Archeops, any Emboar deck, Archie's Blastoise, Primal Groudon. . . Fairy tool box? Vespiquen Vileplume. Gross oversights in our collection include Virbank, Life Dew. . . so Toad or Sableye is not an option (Sableye Garbs is far too slow for this tourney anyhow).

Last edited:
True, Wobbuffet cannot stop bats or Hoopa spamming. Bats I wouldn't be worried about first turn, but Hoopa sometimes accompanies M Rayquaza who easily one bangs M Manectric (his weakness somewhat balances this making for a fairly even match?). Garbodor would ultimately protect against the bats, who might take a few turns to KO it anyway. Night March is bad because of prize exchange and the lack of an alternate non EX attacker (Wobbs is useless in this regard). Against Trevenant Break. . . I don't know. . . without spirit link I'd need some way to protect Garbodor even if I was able in some way to attach a tool, it even has 160 HP or something.
Thinking about it for a friendly tonight, my other options are Garchomp / Wobbuffet (the fear of Archeops NVI is very high), Dual Magnezones (which is simply fun) or W.M.G.
Out of the bad matchups I expect and you outlined, I imagine Lando Bats will show up, Y.Z.G. w/Archeops, Plasma Gale (TDK with a strong Lugia EX component), Seismitoad / Bats, perhaps also in attendance Entei / Charizard, Sableye / Garbodor oh and definitely an excellent Vespiquen / Flareon deck. It's an outside chance that Giratina / Tyrantrum EX Bronzong deck might show up. Based on these expected matchups could you please recommend a deck? Or is the field to diverse? I can't play Trev because I simply refuse to now try and collect Trev XY. Any advice would be lovely.
I could field Entei Charizard, YZG no Archeops, any Emboar deck, Archie's Blastoise, Primal Groudon. . . Fairy tool box? Vespiquen Vileplume. Gross oversights in our collection include Virbank, Life Dew. . . so Toad or Sableye is not an option (Sableye Garbs is far too slow for this tourney anyhow).

In all honesty, I'd just tech Jolteon EX as you're already going to have energy to it and you'll stop a fair amount of matchups with it already.

I once made this deck and I ran Raikou from BreakThrough. This is because it is good to power up on the bench with turbo bolt and then come in with a heavy hitting attack to take some prizes but in all fairness you should probable just use Joteon EX as it stops some matchups instantly and is all around just a great tech to use in Mega Man decks. (That is if you can afford one!)

Okay, what are your thoughts on running a Hoopa EX? It can really help early, but it is not quite as useful as I had hoped.
I've got a list that doesn't seem to have terrible matchup, but the worst of it is I still can't seem to put down the army of frogs. Garbodor turns off the Shuriken action, but Mega Man can't one bang even Greninja. I'm thinking about removing Rough Seas and running a second Delinquent instead since that stadium really favours the frogs (they can retreat for free and heal up). Maybe a Parallel City?
I've got a list could someone please advise?

17 Pokemon
4 Manectric-EX (PHF 113)
3 M Manectric-EX (PHF 120)
2 Trubbish (BKP 56)
2 Garbodor (BKP 57)
3 Wobbuffet (PHF 36)
2 Shaymin-EX (ROS 77)
1 Hoopa-EX (AOR 89) - change for Jolteon EX (GEN)?

10 Energy
6 Lightning Energy (XY 135)
4 Psychic Energy (XY 136) - sometimes nice to have wobbs be able to attack or threaten a Hyperspace Fury

3 VS Seeker (PHF 109)
1 Hex Maniac (AOR 75)
3 Battle Compressor (PHF 92)
3 Max Elixir (BKP 102)
4 Manectric Spirit Link (PHF 100)
1 Max Potion (BKP 103)
1 Pokémon Fan Club (FLF 106)
1 Head Ringer (PHF 97)
4 Professor Sycamore (PHF 101)
1 AZ (PHF 117)
1 Professor's Letter (XY 123)
1 Delinquent (BKP 98)
2 Rough Seas (PCL 137) - change to something else? paint roller?
2 Judge (BKT 143)
3 Float Stone (BKT 137)
2 Lysandre (FLF 90)
Would kind of like a Xerosic or Megaphone. . .

Anyways, after a fair bit of playtesting at least each matchup is a game and not a blow out for one or the other. Something to battle fighting would be nice, maybe 1-2 Flash Energy? Or should I include a Toad or something?
Can't be. . . I don't have Ultra Ball??

So this is what it will look like, sorry if this should be deck garage. Thinking I could pretty much cut psychic energy altogether, and I need a tool for Jolteon EX, or at least a Xerosic or Tool Retriever against Head Ringers, Float Stone is simply stupid, so is Spirit Link. I guess one more energy wouldn't break Jolteon, but hey.

4 Manectric-EX (PHF 113)
3 M Manectric-EX (PHF 120)
2 Trubbish (BKP 56)
2 Garbodor (BKP 57)
3 Wobbuffet (PHF 36)
2 Shaymin-EX (ROS 77)
1 Jolteon EX (GEN ??)
6 Lightning Energy (XY 135)
4 Psychic Energy (XY 136)
3 VS Seeker (PHF 109)
1 Hex Maniac (AOR 75)
3 Battle Compressor (PHF 92)
3 Max Elixir (BKP 102)
4 Manectric Spirit Link (PHF 100)
1 Max Potion (BKP 103)
3 Ultra Ball (FLF 99)
1 Pokémon Fan Club (FLF 106)
1 Head Ringer (PHF 97)
3 Professor Sycamore (PHF 101)
1 AZ (PHF 117)
1 Professor's Letter (XY 123)
1 Delinquent (BKP 98)
1 Rough Seas (PCL 137)
2 Judge (BKT 143)
3 Float Stone (BKT 137)
2 Lysandre (FLF 90)

IMO, a few Flash energy are worth considering to include. There are still some Fighting decks (at least in my area) being used.

That matchup really sucks. The only impact this deck has on it is to turn off Hawlucha's ability and allow it to one bang my Mega. That's a bit of hyperboly, but you get the idea.
My other idea is Bronzong Zoroark with Aegislash, Toad, Dialga, Jirachi promo, a mixed bag to address any threat. Both of these decks really suck against frogs. But at least Garbodor turns them off.

Back