• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mega Gardevoir EX (Despair Ray)

Breeder Emmy

Aspiring Trainer
Won a League Challenge with this yesterday, posting it here as I believe it has a lot of potential and will gain a lot from the next upcoming sets: Marshadow from Shining Legends, Kartana-GX and Nihilego from Crimson Invasion, to name a few.

Pokemon (17)
3 Gardevoir EX (STS)
3 M Gardevoir EX (STS)
3 Tapu Lele GX (GRI)
2 Dragonite EX (EVO)
1 Hoopa EX (XY71)
2 Oricorio (GRI 55)
1 Oranguru (SUM)
1 Jirachi (XY67)
1 Espeon EX (BPT)

Trainers (35)
3 Professor Sycamore
3 N
4 Guzma
2 Skyla
2 Professor Kukui
2 Pokemon Fan Club
2 Acerola

4 Ultra Ball
3 Field Blower
1 Rescue Strecher
1 Super Rod
1 Town Map
4 Gardevoir Spirit Link

3 Fairy Garden

Energy (8)
8 Fairy Energy

It is plays similar to the Mega Gardy of pre-rotation, but adapted to run off of Dragonite EX into Lele/Oricorio/Hoopa. This allows the deck to search for whatever supporter/pokemon/energy it wants every turn and have near perfect consistency once it is set up. This is gives Dragonite EX/Rescue stretcher a VS Seeker like function in the game.

Some of the advantages of Despair Ray Gardy that is not immediately apparent is that it counters spread damage/2-hit KOs by removing those pokemon from the field. It can also be used to a lock an opponent's pokemon in the active, by denying the opponent the ability to use Guzma if you discard your entire bench.

The deck usually is doing 2-hit KOs on big threats, but with Espeon EX everywhere there is a easy Guzma target that you hit for weakness. Most often I find myself taking maybe one hit KO's and disrupting my opponent's consistency/game plan for the first few prizes. Professor Kukui allows you to hit 170/180 HP to kill Leles and often close out the game vs a late big basic.

Notable cards:

Jirachi - Very good against special energy reliant decks like Golisopod, and has consistency as you can buy it back if your opponent kills it. Along side Kukui can also kill alolan vulpix.

Town Map - The deck can be very aggressive and Town Map, and often has a free Lele turn in which you can search for Skyla into Town Map and take a KO in which case the map can set you up for the rest of the game, furthering the overwhelming consistency of the deck.

Espeon EX - Probably the worst card in the deck, and can sometimes steal wins vs Stage 2 decks that don't expect it. This is the card to most likely be changed once Kartana-GX arrives.

3 Field Blower - To deal with ability lock Garb.

3 Fairy Garden - Mainly as a counter to Po Town, as in the Drampa/Garb match up you need to conserve Field Blowers for Garbador. Additionally it strengthens Guzma plays.

I have a fine tuned it quite a bit, and am just awaiting the new sets. I have tried many variants, techs and splashes and found that overall consistency won out in the end.

However any suggestions and improvements are always welcome...

I have a M Gardey list built myself, but my utilizes Darkrai GX for infinite recovery of the Bench. The combo you mentioned I shall have to try out; it looks very interesting. I guess an extra Fairy Energy wouldn't hurt, since we lost Mega Turbo.

Back