'Mega Charizard X vs. Mega Blastoise Battle Arena Decks' Announced!

This would be so nice if the cards were still in rotation. Oh well.
The Xerneas and Yveltal Battle Arena decks are the only decks that ever had some kind of Standard focus, every other Battle Arena deck since then has been focused on Expanded (in fact, this is only the second batch of Battle Arena decks that have an XY cards as the focus of each deck).

Venusaur got fantastic stuff in the games where Blastoise got the worst ability and even then it's Launcher gimmick was given to another Pokemon that actually gets all of the launcher moves

I was talking about the TCG of course where Venusaur always gets exlcuded (no elite trainer box in Evolutions, no secret rare in Plasma storm ect.), despite the fact that Mega Venusaur is a very interesting, somewhat playable card. Indeed, in the Video games Venusaur actually outdid Blastoise (though not Charizard with 2 very viable Mega's)

These continue to be really solid buys for anyone who plays casually with a competitive mindset (which is most of us, isn't it?) Only disappointed in the ex counts for each deck... Should be a 2-1 line or more. Some excellent card choices in general, hopefully older-ish prints of cards, and all on theme, especially in the blastoise deck. Speak with your wallets on this one.

Ugh what to do... I want that Megazard coin and that Megazard EX card and the foil energies... but I likely won't even use the cards (aside from the foil energies) and even if I was, I was planning to get into Standard now because Rotation and I already have too many cards and products I want.
My wallet is already crying and I haven't even touched it for this yet.

Sooo... what € tag are we talking?
40? 50?
Please say 20 XD

Does this mean that these holo energies are Sun & Moon versions? And how are they different from the Shining Legends ones?
They are regular XY style energies. Though foil, they have sort of a matte finish on them. Kinda the opposite of foil energies we've gotten in the past which were SUPER glossy.

In case anyone was wondering, for the purposes of completing a Flashfire playset of the M Charizard, there is a visible difference between this arena deck version and the original Flashfire cards. The sheen of the foil on the arena deck card reflects lines that run diagonally across the card. The ones I have from original Flashfire have the reflections running up and down vertically on the card.

Back