'Mega Charizard X vs. Mega Blastoise Battle Arena Decks' Announced!

I think this is a great move i mean theme decks are so so popular they fly out so something like this kids/parents can just come in store pick up and start playing with a few flash cards is what we need - thr japanese gx decks just released should follow suit in the west they would be so so popular.

Exactly this, plus it features M - Charizard X (and M Blastoise), the first one being a clear kids favourite (my son and everyone around him loves it because, well, it looks awesome and is a Charizard).

These type of products are just meant for a different group of Pokemon fans. Won't be buying it for myself, that's for sure.

19.99 is a great price for this well done pokemon - finally someone with some sense has started making some decisions!

- you can tell the difference in the foil between the original Flashfire one and this version,

is there really a difference? cause i was thinking of selling my original for 20 now, and getting this for the same price later, so feeling like i got everything else free. but if there is an obvious difference, ill keep the original, and just buy the promo.

@Raven Zombie - I wish I had pictures, but there's a difference in the foils for all of the Battle Arena deck foils. The original versions of the card has foil that will print vertically. The Battle Arena prints run foil that is diagonal. Collectors will see more value in the original print run of the card rather than what is mass produced in Battle Arena decks.

Actually, you can check eBay - look up Keldeo-EX or Mewtwo-EX and see how many people are trying to pawn off their BA copies and scroll a little bit and try to find the OG versions with vertical foil.

Hello pokemon player these cards are for kids and casual players who have no idea what a rotation even is! Lighten up!!

I think this is a great move i mean theme decks are so so popular they fly out so something like this kids/parents can just come in store pick up and start playing with a few flash cards is what we need - thr japanese gx decks just released should follow suit in the west they would be so so popular.
Let me stop you right there. Not all casual players are oblivious to Set Rotation. It's a rotation of a specific set of cards switching between certain tournament formats and coming on/off limited and/or ban lists. Set rotation applies to most card games. I myself am a casual player. These decks can be for kids and collectors and those who want to join the games. Im getting the M Charizard EX deck because...well; 'tis Charizard. plus i love the art of Professor's Letter and Promo art of M Charizard X. Expanded decks are awesome. People shouldn't complain about expanded or standard formats. In my opinion, i think these decks are here for players to have fun.

Ignore my idiocy:

too bad delinquent is rotated in standard, and banned in expanded (JK was thinking of ghetsis)...lol

Last edited:
Delinquent is okay, but I really like that professor's letter. It's a sharp card. Nicely done

Deli and Letter were some of my favorite tech's last year. Now there is no need to get these decks.

I read the article and saw nothing about a foil letter or a foil delinquent. RIP.

I will mis professor's letter until it get reprinted. And THEN they give us this promo to get us triggered!

Back