• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mega Ampharos / Raikou / Magnezone

Leronne

Bug Pokemon Lover
This isn't really a very competitive deck, just competetive enough to not get steamrolled on tcgo. Also i don't have the means to get shaymin or Hoopa, so please don't suggest them.

Pokémon: 13
2 Ampharos EX
2 Mega Ampharos EX
2 Raikou
3 Magnemite
1 Magneton
3 Magnezone

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33
3 Rare Candy
1 Super Rod
2 Level Ball
3 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
1 Fisherman
1 Lysandre
1 Skyla
1 Clemont
1 Hex Maniac/Pokemon Ranger
3 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Ampharos Spirit Link
2 Fighting Fury Belt
2 Float Stone
3 Rough Seas

Energy: 14
10 Electric Energy
2 Flash Energy
2 Double Colorless Energy

A pretty straight forward deck. Raikou and Mega Ampharos are my main attackers and magnezone to quickly set up Ampharos and Raikou. I tried runnin 3-1-2 magnezone, but it just wasn't working for me. Rough seas for mega ampharos' attack and to have consistent healing. Pretty standard draw supporters and each tool is for a specific pokemon.

I'm pretty happy with the deck as it is, but i feel like it could be better. I'm wondering whether or not it's better to play Hex maniac or pokemon ranger. I also want to remove 2 electric energies in favor of one more skyla and ultra ball or maybe a different change. I'm not so sure yet.

Edit: i added clemont and made some small changes, but i haven't tested it out yet.

Apologies if i made a mistake somewhere. This is my first time making a thread on pokebeach.

Last edited:
I run a similar lineup with a 2-1-2 Magnezone and Kingdra EX instead of Ampharos (no Shaymin or Hoopa here either). The one key supporter you are missing is Clemont.

I run a similar lineup with a 2-1-2 Magnezone and Kingdra EX instead of Ampharos (no Shaymin or Hoopa here either). The one key supporter you are missing is Clemont.
I agree. One each of Clemont/Fisherman wins me games with my Kingdra/Magnebox deck.

i made some changes and i forgot to edit my post so i did it now. i'll try to squeeze in clemont and try to see it action whenever i get the chance and see how it works for me. but which is better, hex maniac or pokemon ranger in this deck cause i honestly only have room for one. I also tried playing 3-1-2 magnezone, but it was a bit too inconsistent for my taste.

Back