JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
In a pair of videos on their official YouTube channel, Pokemon officially revealed Gimmighoul, the Coin Chest Pokemon after it first started appearing in Pokemon GO following its data being mined from the game.

Gimmighoul is a Ghost Type Pokemon. It has the Ability Rattled, which increases its Speed by 1 stage after being hit by a Bug-, Dark-, or Ghost-type damaging move.
From Pokemon.com:
It Hides inside a Treasure Chest and Moves Slowly
These Gimmighoul hide inside sturdy treasure chests. While this provides them with a solid defense, the treasure chest’s weight causes Gimmighoul to move slowly, making travel difficult. It is not uncommon for Chest Form Gimmighoul to be mistaken for an antique and taken home or sold to an antique store.​
Gimmighoul Controls People and Pokémon, Making Them Collect Coins​
When Gimmighoul senses a person or Pokémon draw near...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
They also used their entire sharp edges budget on Mega Scizor, Sharpedo, and Aerodactyl.
And guzzlord, naganadel, alolan exeggutor, serperior, bisharp, garchomp, samurott, xurkitree, golisopod, ultra necrozma, overqwil, galarian stunfisk, kyurem and gigalith

honestly not even close to as big an issue as you guys make it out to be

HershelLayton

Aspiring Trainer
It'd be hilarious if this pokemon ends up surprising everyone and being a competitive monster like Klefki

Digg07

Aspiring Trainer
I am a big fan of the roaming form, it's cute as hell. I don't really like the chest form at all. the concept is fine but the chest looks out of place idk why

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
It'd be hilarious if this pokemon ends up surprising everyone and being a competitive monster like Klefki
what if it had a signature move that was fake out but ghost type, so you could terastalize into a normal type AND Fake-Out a ghost type? that would be bonkers in double battles

Mudkipster07

Savvy TCG Mudkip Fan & TCG Alt Art Fanatic!
I like this pokemon even more knowing a bit more about it. Also what would happen if a murkrow saw it will it steal the coin or get brainwashed helping find them instead.

Bewear The TERRIBLE

Rogue TCG Player
Love the concept. But was so hoping for it to be a fairy. If it has to leave its treasure, its taking at least one coin with it. Lol 😆❤️

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Someone please tell Pokemon designers they are allowed to use sharp corners, not everything has to be round and bulbous.

It's like that video explaining the change in design philosophy. They use various examples, this one being the most glaring imo:

1667770866313.png 1667770937564.png

They also say that one of the possible reasons for this nonsense is that it's easier to make plushies and toys when they look more like this than like that. Sad.

Abeast

Aspiring Trainer
Honestly it’s growing on me. Excited to see the evolution(assuming there is one).