Ruling Medicham EX Wise Aura VS. Neo Genesis Slowking Mind Games

Veyatii

EX. Strategist
Will Medicham EX shut off Slowkings Mind Games Power in Unlimited?
Wise Aura states that all non-EX Poke-Powers are turned off whilst it is active, but Slowking, and many of the Pokemon in Unlimited have ''Pokemon Powers''. Does Wise Aura still effect? (I would think so but since the two Powers have different names I want to check).

Poke-powers = Pokemon Powers. They changed it for some reason.

So yes, Medicham would shut Slowking off.

Poke-Powers are NOT Pokemon Powers. To have new cards shut off old cards, it must shut off powers AND bodies (like Feraligatr ex). Since Medicham ex only stops powers, it won't shut down Genesis Slowking (or anything with a Pokemon Power for that matter).

Hiyas

PMJ is right. Pokemon powers split up into Poke-powers and Poke-bodies.

Anything that stops Pokemon powers, stops both Poke-powers and Poke-bodies.

Anything that stops BOTH Poke-powers and Poke-bodies stops Pokemon powers.

But if you only stop 1 of the 2, you have no effect on Pokemon powers at all.

~Secretsmeargle

Ermmm....right, Abhorsen is right/wrong or you to are right/wrong...wpm/holy star/charizard?

"PokéBodies" and "PokéPowers" are considered sub-catagories of "Pokémon Powers". In order to shut off "Pokémon Powers", it must shut off both PokéBodies and PokéPowers. Energy Root will shut down regular Pokémon Powers, making Promo Entei playable.

Wise Aura would not shut down Mind Games, since Mind Games is a "Pokémon Power", and Wise Aura only shuts down "PokéPowers".

Here is what the Compendium says:

Q. Something that affects Pokémon Powers in general, affects both "Poké-Powers" and "Poké-Bodies", right? So also, does something that affects both "Poké-Bodies" and "Poké-Powers" affect older style "Pokémon Powers" too?
A. Pokémon Powers are the general term for Poké-Bodies & Poké-Powers. Older cards that reference Pokémon Powers include both 'Bodies and 'Powers. Newer cards that affect both 'Powers AND 'Bodies affect older "Pokémon Powers" (as if "Pokémon Powers" read "Poké-Powers & Poké-Bodies"). (Oct 16, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

Yes. The above is correct. Pokemon Powers are shut off ONLY by effects that shut off Poke-Powers AND Poke-Bodies.

So yes, Abhorsen is wrong on this one...sorry pal. =(

woops ^.^;;;

Maybe I should have looked it up, but at least I was half correct, I just forgot the poke-bodies part, lol. I knew that Muk and Gatr ex shut Pokemon Powers off from playing them in unlimited, so i just assumed that medicham would too. Thanks for the correction. My bad ^.^;;

So if you have say a Medicham EX which shuts Poke POWERS and latis who shuts down Poke BODIES will it work?

RE:  Medicham EX Wise Aura VS. Neo Genesis Slowking Mind Games

jayh272416 said:
So if you have say a Medicham EX which shuts Poke POWERS and latis who shuts down Poke BODIES will it work?

Good question. You are shutting down all powers with Wise Aura, and the bodies of each player's Evolved guys with Dual Aura, so my guess is that Evolved Pokémon with Pokémon Powers would have their powers shut off, while Basic Pokémon with Pokémon Powers (like Snorlax) will still get to keep theirs.

Very interesting...but it won't work if the lock has to come from a single card (like Battle Frontier or Feraligatr ex).

You mean Latias and latios from HP? they are poke-body, not poke-power. Furthermore, they only block evolved pokemon, EXCEPT ex-pokemon.

Yes, I know. He means that if you have Medicham ex as your active, you have ALL Powers blocked, and if you have Latios/Latias on the Bench, you have all Bodies blocked of Evolved Pokémon. So since now Evolved Pokémon have Poké-Powers shut off (by Wise Aura) and Poké-Bodies shut off (by Dual Aura, and Medicham ex isn't affected by Dual Aura since he's ex), would Evolved Pokémon get their Pokémon Powers shut off?

I say yes. I hope it works like that.

Medicham ex only stops powers. Feraligatr ex shuts them both off.

Back