Writing Me and my Mushroom, a story of friendship.

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
When reading Bulbapedia pages about Pokémon and totally ignoring PMJ's story, I came across this:
"Like its previous stage Paras, Parasect is an insectoid creature. However, in this stage the mushroom has completely overtaken the host's body. The insect has been drained of nutrients and is now under the control of the fully grown tochukaso. "
And realized how awesome this would be, having a friend with you at all time. So I'm going to write a story about this. :D

Me and my Mushroom
A story of friendship

It was a warm summer day morning, the wind was blowing, shaking the leaves of the perfectly green trees, sending waves across the sparkling grass. I was outside of the cave where my family was, playing with the other Paras. Playing with other Paras would make us stronger, we were told, and we'd evolve into Parasect much sooner.

Becoming a Parasect had always been my dream, I've heard stories about how close a Parasect and his Mushroom can get, how much fun it is to always have a friend by your side, someone to talk to, someone to play with, someone to be there for you, just so you don't feel alone. Little did I know, that it was this much fun.

I was but 9 when suddenly a warm glow filled my body, my claws started glowing, my body started changing, the 2 tiny little brainless mushrooms on my back were rapidly becoming that which was soon to become my very best friend. I had evolved, and had left the others in awe, no way could a Paras evolve this soon, not without intensive training. I guess I was just lucky.

That was 2 years ago, I am now 11, living happily together with the other Parasect in the cave that we call home. The other Parasect, however, find me a little young, and usually don't allow me to participate in their games. but I don't mind, I have a friend on my back who's always with me. This friend is now here with me, while I'm sitting in the dark corner. He prefers dark corners, it is for this reason that I have named him Bob, Bob the Mushroom. Me and Bob are discussing poetry, he likes poetry, he even wrote me a poem, it goes something like this:

Dear Parasect,
You are my very best friend
I can ask for no other
I'll be with you until the end
And maybe even further

Being with you makes me smile
Despite the lack of facial features
Every moment with you makes life worthwhile
We're two happy little creatures

Sitting on your back
All day and all night
Makes all this black
A beautiful light

Whenever he reads it to me, I can't help but to cry a little. I couldn't have wished for a better friend. He's more than a friend, though, he's a part of me, literally. He keeps me safe, and I feed him and move him around, we depend on each other, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

omg lol

edit: I mean --- COME ON HEAVENLY SPOON WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO THIS???

PLEASE TAKE THIS STORY DOWN! I WILL HAVE A LOT MORE FRIENDSHIP IN MY STORY OKAY!! HEAR THAT?? MORE FRIENDSHIP!

Wow, Spoon, I could literally see this as a Pokémon children's book or something. xD

Very nicely done. :3

A new take on Parasect. :eek:
It was very nice. =]

Your take on Parasect was quite a contrast to PMJ's. =P
The mushroom turned from being an evil parasite in PMJ's fic, to a heart-warming friend in your fic. xD

Well done. =P

Lol another Bob. Honestly though, after reading PMJ's fic, this is epic to the extreme. Great job on the contrast, Spoon.

dmaster out.

...rofl

Nice going, Tom. Really short, but one of those "looool" stories nonetheless. Nice job :3

Oh Em Jay, I think that Parasect is going to be a celebrity in the Pokemon world xD. Well done?

Back