Contest May's Create-a-Card: Gym Leaders! (Fan Vote Results)

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Alright, here we go!

Fantina's Drifblim HP: 140 [P]
425MS.png Stage 1: Evolves from Fantina's Drifloon
Spr_4d_426.png Spr_DP_Fantina.png

Ability: Spirit Away
Once during your turn [Before your attack] if this Pokémon is your active Pokémon, you may return one of your Fantina's Pokémon and all cards attached to it to your hand. If you do, heal all damage counters from this Pokémon.

[P] Inflate 40
This Pokémon's maximum HP is 200 until the end of your next turn. [Moving this Pokémon to your bench does not end this effect]

[PPC] Team Spook 70+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 30 more damage. You may ignore this effect for one of these:
if this Pokémon is your only Fantina's Pokémon in play, this attack does 30 more damage.
If you have 2 Fantina's Pokémon in play, this attack does 30 more damage and the defending Pokémon is now confused.
If you have 3 Fantina's Pokémon in play, this attack does 40 more damage and the defending Pokémon is now confused and poisoned.
If you have 4 Fantina's Pokémon in play, this attack does 40 more damage and the defending Pokémon is now burned, confused, and Poisoned.
If you have 5 or more Fantina's Pokémon in play, this attack does 50 more damage and the defending Pokémon is now burned, paralyzed, and poisoned.

Weakness: [D] x2
Resistance: [F] - 30
Retreat: 2
Ghost Pokémon, c'est magnifique! They work together very well, non?

Attachments

• search-2.jpg
    search-2.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 4
  • th-2.jpg
    th-2.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 6
  • th-3.jpg
    th-3.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 4
  • th-4.jpg
    th-4.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
accelgor%20coacutepia_zpsnfy8ptww.png
Honestly, I don't like the whole "Give any Gym Leader any Pokémon of its speciality type" approach, so I chose Accelgor because he's a ninja like Koga.

I couldn't find non awful way to word the Power, so I'll go with this.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Here's my entry.

The image link is broken. It looks like you might be trying to link to an attachment hosted on another forum? Try uploading your image to an image-hosting site such as Imgur since these generally work better. Because your previous post is a broken image, posting a new entry post with a properly working link will not count against you as an edit so long as the entry is posted as a new post. Do not edit the new link into your previous post.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
tIfa4sl.png

This month's winning entry is Sabrina's Espeon, done in the PMJ-can't-make-his-own-blanks style of XY.

Now that Wally is a thing, I thought it would be cool and unique to have one of those attacks that let you go first, on a stage one. So there's that. The attack has to be good enough to warrant using Wally turn one to use (since you can't use the Energy Evolution Eevee and we'll assume that "Sabrina's Eevee" has no such power), but not so OP that it would be broken for a single Energy. I think thirty and confusion strikes a nice balance.

The main draw of the second attack is to cause energy disruption. Moving DCEs around and forcing dragons to discard their DDEs is fun.

Free retreat because why not.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
@Machamp The Champion, @bbninjas, @GM DracLord, @Luispipe8, @Friezy, @Celever, @Otaku, @Tails, @Oraxys, @BigfootAUS, @Blui, @ThunderVolt, @Huderon of Canossa, @NinTango, @Rhicune444, @Joshi44, @AceRangerKaru, @xaej806

This is your official reminder that there is only 1 week left in this month's CaC! All entries are due by Thursday, May 28th. If you were tagged above, this means your entry hasn't been posted yet, or if it was, I somehow missed it accidentally. So please make sure to finish your card in time! And if you did make your card and you were still tagged here, please link me to your entry again so I see it, thanks. :)

Huderon of Canossa

Deranged Tinkerer
Aye aye!
I guess realistically I'll be one of the last-minute entries, as even if I finish much earlier I'm going to make sure that I don't overlook the silly errors.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Evolves from Blaine's Charizard
Put Blaine's M Charizard Y on the Stage 2 card

MEGA - Blaine's M Charizard Y
140HP[R]

Mega Evolution Rule
[When 1 of your Pokémon becomes a Mega Evolution Pokémon, your turn ends.]

*PICTURE*
[Flame Pokémon. Length: 5' 07" Weight: 243.6 lbs]

[R][R][R] Majestic Fume 40+
Does 40 damage plus 10 more damage for each [R] Pokémon cards in your discard pile.

weakness - [W]
resistance - [F] -30
retreat cost - [C][C][C]

LV. 50 #00

Rhicune444

Gaming Suicune
i was wondering if i could quit, i cant finish my card since i have school and everything. sorry for maybe pulling out too late.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Here is my entry. Here goes nothing.

Winona's Altaria - Colorless - HP: 100
Stage 1- Evolves from Winona's Swablu

Ability: Friends in High Places
If Winona's Altaria is on your Bench, pay 1 less [C] Energy to Retreat your Active Pokemon.

[C] Three-Point Landing
Remove 3 damage counters from Winona's Altaria.

[C][C] Song of Allurement 40
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is Asleep. If tails, the Defending Pokemon is now Confused.

Weakness - [L] x2
Resistance - [F] -20
Retreat Cost - [C]

"On sunny days, it flies freely through the sky and blends into the clouds. It sings in a beautiful soprano."

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Stage 1 Roxie's Garbodor HP 110
PsychNRG

Evolves from Roxie's Trubbish

garbodor.gif

NO. 569 Trash Heap Pokémon HT: 6'03" WT: 236.6 lbs.

AbilityBOL
Rancid Garbage
Each card (excluding Energy cards) in each player's discard pile can't be moved into play, into each player's hand or into each player's deck.

PsychNRG
PsychNRG
WhiteNRG
Trubbish Pile 20x
You may discard a Pokémon with Trubbish in its name from anywhere under one of your Pokémon. If you do, this attack does 20 damage times the number of Pokémon in your discard pile with Trubbish in its name.

weakness
PsychNRG
x2 resistance
NoneNRG

retreat
WhiteNRG
WhiteNRG
WhiteNRG

Consuming garbage makes new kinds of poison gases and liquids inside their bodies.

Rancid Garbadge: Garbodor DRE, Wally, Super Energy Retrieval

Trubbish Pile: Carracosta PLB, Joltik PHF, Roselia Stormfront

Say hello to Roxie's Trubbish. Basically, I decided to go with the theme of discarding this round. The ability is primarily for mill decks so that they can actually exist now that Lysandre's Trump Card has been released. I decided to exclude energy from the ability so things like none-AT Kingdra from PRC isn't OP as heck :U

The extra 10 HP is because the Garbodor is Roxie's, and it seems like owner's/team's Pokemon have slightly better HP then normal.

Celever

Wheeeee~
[Stage 1] Clemont's Heliolisk HP90 [L]
Evolves from Clemont's Helioptile
heliolisk.gif

NO. 965 Generator Pokémon HT: 3'03" WT: 46.3 lbs.

14e49jm.jpg
Solar Recharge
Whenever a [R] or [L] Energy card is attached to an Active Pokémon, heal 20 damage from this Pokémon.

[L][L] Parabolic Charge 20
Heal 20 damage from this Pokémon. Then, search your deck for 1 Energy card and attach it to this Pokémon.

[G][R][L][L] Solar Beam
Discard one of your opponent's Pokémon. Then, discard 1 [G] Energy and 1 [R] Energy attached to this Pokémon.

Weakness: [F]x2
Resistance:[M]-20
Retreat: [C][C]
It stimulates its muscles with electricity, boosting the strength in its legs and enabling it to run 100 yards in five seconds.

bb helped me with wording this time. Though it was more tips on how to do it rather than just telling me what's wrong... Maybe next month I'll be good enough at this to check wording all by myself! :p

So, this is Clemont's Heliolisk! I think that this card could be really interesting in the actual card game. It only has 90 HP to play with, but both Solar Recharge and Parabolic Charge heal 20 HP, so it could recover almost half of its maximum HP in one turn (though this still isn't a great deal in the long run). On top of this, Solar Beam is a complete nuke (discarding a Pokémon without question, even including ones that could be threats later on on the bench) but it uses 3 different colours of energy, and you have to discard both the [G] and [R] energy after the attack. This means that it's most likely only going to be used once per game, so it's very risk vs reward. It's also risk vs reward because just to use Solar Beam you need to throw in at least one [G] and one [R] energy into a deck, alongside the two [L] energies, and last I checked it's not particularly popular to shove 3 different types into a deck. With energy serach trainer cards and such this could be remedied somewhat, but it's still taking up space in the deck that could be better spent elsewhere.

I probably just showed how little I know about the TCG in the above paragraph x_x. Oh well, I think this card is fun regardless n~n