Contest May's Create-a-Card: Gym Leaders! (Fan Vote Results)

I've gotten an official confirmation from the judge that Orange Island Gym Leaders are fair game.

My submission for text-based:

Blaine's Ninetales-EX - FIRE - 160 HP
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Flame Recovery
At any time between turns, if this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, you may put 1 of your [R] Energy cards from the Lost Zone into your hand.

[R][C] Dancing Flames: 20
You may have your opponent switch his or her Active Pokemon with 1 of his or her Benched Pokemon. If you do, the new Active Pokemon is now Burned. Then, you may switch this Pokemon with 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

[R][R] Dimensional Flames: 40x
Put as many [R] Energy cards attached to your Pokemon or in your discard pile as you like into the Lost Zone. This attack does 40 damage times the number of [R] Energy cards put in the Lost Zone this way.

Pokemon-EX rule: When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: [W] x2
Resistance: None
Retreat Cost: [C]

Here is my Entry :D

happy_birthday_icycatelf_by_cscdgnpry-d8slcwe.jpg

Here is the Translation:

Icycatelf's Shining Dunsparce (HP 50)

Basic Pokemon

Land Snake Pokemon, Height: 4'11", Weight: 30.9lbs

Pokemon Power: Bright Prism
As long as this Pokemon is on your bench, prevent all damage done to this Pokemon by attacks (both your's and your opponent's).

(c) (c) Tail Drill 20+
Flip 2 coins. This attack does 20 more damage for each heads.

"Legend states that there is a Red Dunsparce that lives deep in the earth..."

Weakness (Fighting) X2
Resistance -
Retreat (c)

I think it has to be a pre-existing gym leader...

Actually, i didn't read anywhere in the rules that it needed to be a pre-existing gym leader :D try reading the rules again:

"This month’s theme is Gym Leaders. The card you enter must clearly be owned by a Gym Leader, whether it be as an owner’s Pokémon, a Pokémon GL, or anything else you can think of. As an artist, you will not be restricted to a specific card era when creating your card."

This is completely within the guidelines as far as i am concerned :D, it just has to be a GYM LEADER style card

Actually, i didn't read anywhere in the rules that it needed to be a pre-existing gym leader :D try reading the rules again:

"This month’s theme is Gym Leaders. The card you enter must clearly be owned by a Gym Leader, whether it be as an owner’s Pokémon, a Pokémon GL, or anything else you can think of. As an artist, you will not be restricted to a specific card era when creating your card."

This is completely within the guidelines as far as i am concerned :D, it just has to be a GYM LEADER style card

i was wondering, could i still compete, im still kinda a newbie and would like to have a little challenge, so, yeah.
edit: i'd like to enter the Image or Text one if any are still open

The card you enter must clearly be owned by a Gym Leader

By Putting the Face of the Gym Leader and their Badge in the corner like a Gym Leader Card? That's what i thought this meant. This still doesn't state that it needed to be a pre-exsisting gym leader.

I seem to have misunderstood the rules, and have messaged mod to see if i can re-enter with a card that more accurately meets the guidelines.

i was wondering, could i still compete, im still kinda a newbie and would like to have a little challenge, so, yeah.
edit: i'd like to enter the Image or Text one if any are still open

We have space for image-based but not for text-based, so I will put you in the image-based category.

By Putting the Face of the Gym Leader and their Badge in the corner like a Gym Leader Card? That's what i thought this meant. This still doesn't state that it needed to be a pre-exsisting gym leader.

I seem to have misunderstood the rules, and have messaged mod to see if i can re-enter with a card that more accurately meets the guidelines.

Thank you for the message. We're going to work it out with the contest head and judge and let you all know what the outcome is.

i am known to procrastinate, so if i dont get it done in 3-4 days (the card), i just got a little lazy and/or forgot.

Just so everyone is aware, we're officially allowing Gonpory to resubmit his card without penalty so long as the only change that is made is swapping out Icycatelf for an official Gym Leader. I will update the news story just to make the "Gym Leader" requirement more clear. All further submissions should only include Gym Leaders from the main series Pokémon games or the Orange Island league from the anime.

I had permission from Mods to re-enter with the same card, but with an actually pre-exsisting Gym Leader. I chose Bugsy as the gym gym leader as to me Dunsparce is pretty much a BUG! :D Some friends of mine suggested Dunsparce would also go well with Bugsy! :D (i guess it's as believable as Erika having a Dragonair right... oh wait! She did! :p)
CAC_bugsy_dunsparce.jpg

Here, have my first entry in... 4 months? 5 months? I don't know how good it is, but I hope you enjoy it!
---
VALERIE'S Meowstic HP90
FFLz8hb.png

STAGE 1// Evolves from Espurr
EuKcbyd.gif

NO. 678 Constraint Pokémon HT: 2'00" WT: 18.7 Ibs.

ABILITY Ear CRUSH
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard a card from your hand for each Energy attached to this Pokémon. If you do, put a damage counter on each of your opponent's Pokémon for each card discarded in this way. If any of your opponent's Pokémon are Knocked Out by this ability, draw 2 cards.
FFLz8hb.png
Extrasensory 10x
Does 10 damage times the number of cards in your opponent's hand. Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Confused.
FFLz8hb.png
lkBHYNn.png
Applied Pressure 20+
Does 20 more damage for each Energy attached to this Pokémon.

weakness//
3mQblRd.png
x2

resistance//
retreat cost//
lkBHYNn.png

The eyeball patterns on the interior of its ears emit psychic energy. It keeps the
patterns tightly covered because that power is too immense.

---

[Stage 2] Volkner's Luxray HP160 [L]
[Delta Evolution] You may play this card from your hand to evolve a Pokemon during your first turn or the turn you play that Pokemon.

luxray.gif

NO.405 Gleam Eyes Pokémon HT: 4'07'' WT: 96.2 lbs.

14e49jm.jpg
Luxray Vision
This Pokémon may attack any of your opponent's Pokémon (excluding Pokémon with a max HP of 120 or less, unless they're a Pokémon-EX.) Also apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.

[L] Unstable Volt 50
If 3 or more of your Pokémon evolved during this turn, this attack does 30 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon.

[L][L][C] Disaster Volt 120
If your opponent's Pokémon is Knocked Out by damage from this attack, you may take 1 less Prize card. If you do, this Pokémon may attack 2 more times during this turn. If your opponent's Pokémon is Knocked Out this way, take 1 less Prize card.

Weakness: [F]x2
Resistance: -
Retreat: [C][C]

When its eyes gleam gold, it can spot hiding prey--even those taking shelter behind a wall.

Back