Fun Maximum Possible Damage in Expanded

SeventhPrize

Pokemon Player
Though this question has been evaluated a few times since Expanded was born, the recent power creep has prompted me to ask it again. What is the highest damage that can be achieved using a single attack in the Expanded format, assuming perfect setup by both players?

REQUIREMENT:
  1. Each submission will be evaluated solely based on the quantity of raw damage dealt by a single attack, including GX atacks. If an attack hits multiple targets, including one's own Pokemon, the damage across each target will be summed. Submissions must include this total damage.
  2. You may assume perfect, intentional setup by both players, including coin flip auto-heads. However, infinite combos ("Flip a coin until you get tails") are not permitted. Submissions must describe how the setup is achieved. Furthermore, setups that require players to take Prize Cards, such as combos requiring the use of all 59 cards, must show how the player manages to take their Prize Cards.
    One possibility for taking Prize Cards efficiently is: "The opponent has two Exeggcute (PLF #4) , one Active. I Knock Out the Active Exeggcute, and the opponent chooses the benched Exeggcute as their new Active. The next turn, they use Propogate to put the Knocked Out Exeggcute into their hand and onto their Bench. They pass the turn. This process repeats four more times until I have taken five of my six Prize Cards."
I will list and credit the top 4 submissions, as well as any submissions that have an out-of-the-box creative idea.
  1. 26,280 damage using Mew V's X Ball, Gardevoir's Psychic Mirage, and Vileplume's Allergy Panic.
    TLDR: Stack 49 Psychic Energy, 4 Counter Energy onto Active Mew V, which is worth 114 total Energy using Gardevoir (NXD #57). You have 2 Prize Cards remaining.
    The opponent stacks 50 Psychic Energy, 1 Mystery Energy, 1 Triple Acceleration Energy onto their Active Gardevoir (NXD #57) and has a Benched Vileplume (BCR #3). Using Psychic Mirage, their Gardevoir has 105 total Energy. They have 1 Prize Card remaining.
    Attack with Mew V's X Ball, which does 30 for each energy on both Active Pokemon. This does 30 * (114 + 105) = 6,570 damage. With x4 Weakness using Allergy Panic, this totals 26,280 damage in one attack.

Details: I have an Active Mew V (DAA #69), a Benched Gardevoir (NXD #57), and a Benched Exeggcute (PLF #4).
    The opponent has an Active Gardevoir (NXD #57), a Benched Vileplume (BCR #3), and a Benched Exeggcute (PLF #4).
    We take turns Knocking Out the other player's Exeggcute to take Prize Cards; each turn, the other player uses Propagate to bring the Exeggcute back in play so that it may be Knocked Out again. Both Active Pokemon have free retreat (Mystery Energy for Gardevoir) so that the Exeggcute may be immediately brought to the Active position to be Knocked Out. This is repeated until I have 2 remaining Prize Cards and the opponent has 1.
    Eventually, I have 58 cards that are not in Prize Cards. 1 is Mew V, 3 are Gardevoir, 1 is Exeggcute, 4 are Counter Energy, and 49 are Psychic Energy.
    The opponent has 59 cards that are not in Prize Cards. 3 are Gardevoir, 3 are Vileplume, 1 is Exeggcute, 1 is Mystery Energy, 1 is Triple Acceleration Energy, and 50 are Psychic Energy.
    If all Energy are attached and doubled using Psychic Mirage, and x4 Weakness is applied using Allergy Panic, then Mew V's X ball deals 26,280 damage, as described in TLDR.
  2. 15,650 damage by buffing Weavile's Rule of Evil and applying x4 Weakness to the Bench using Vileplume's Energy Panic and Wide Lens.
    I have an Active Mew-EX (DRX #46) with a Wide Lens attached (ROS #95). There is a Sky Field in play, so my Bench is: Weavile (BUS #85), Vileplume (BCR #3), Unfezant (ROS #81), Haxorus (BKT #111), and 4 Psychic-weak Pokemon with Abilities (eg Deoxys-EX, Mew-EX, Necrozma-GX, . . .).
    The opponent's Active Pokemon and 8 Benched Pokemon are all Psychic-weak Pokemon with Abilities. By Knocking Out throwaway Pokemon, the opponent has taken 5 Prize Cards.
    I use Mew-EX's Versatile ability to copy Haxorus's Dragon Dance attack, gaining a permanent 100 damage boost. The next turn, I copy Unfezant's Feather Dance attack, gaining an additional 80 damage boost for the next turn. Both damage boosts affect all damage, not just damage done to the active. I use Scoop Up Net to return Haxorus and Unfezant to my hand, then replace them with 2 more Psychic-weak Pokemon with Abilities, so I have a total of 6 such Pokemon on my Bench.
    I finally copy Weavile's Rule of Evil attack to deal 60 damage to all Pokemon with Abilities, which is boosted to 240 using Dragon Dance/Feather Dance. Wide Lens causes Weakness to be applied to the Bench, which is boosted to x4 by Vileplume. Rule of Evil does 240*4 = 960 damage to all Psychic-weak Pokemon, including all 9 of the opponent's Pokemon, my Active Mew-EX, and 6 of my benched Pokemon, for a total of 16*960 = 15,360 damage. Rule of Evil does its non-Weakness 240 damage to Vileplume, and Iris (PLB #101) adds 50 damage, so the total damage adds to 15,650 damage.
  3. TBD
  4. TBD
Additional Ideas:
M Tyranitar-EX and Galarian Stunfisk V
Dragonium Z: Dragon Claw

Back