• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Maxie's Ramparados

Professor_jplap

Aspiring Trainer
Credit goes to @TheJollyFlyingMan for the idea

Pokemon: 11
  • Ramparados ULP x3
  • Buzzwole GX CRI x4
  • Tapu lele GX GRI x2
  • Unown AOR x2
Trainers: 35
  • Trainer's Mail x4
  • Ultra Ball x4
  • Battle compressor x3
  • VS Seeker x4
  • Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick x3
  • Float Stone x3
  • Puzzle of Time x4
  • Max Elixir x4
  • N x2
  • Sycamore x3
  • Guzma x1
  • Computer Search x1
  • Maintenance x2
Energy: 13
  • 7 Fighting Energy
  • 4 Strong Energy
Pretty self explanatory, starting with Buzzwole is optomal.

Tell me if anything is missing. Thanks!

Last edited:
You could probably use 1 more Battle Compressor, and lower the count on the fighting energy a bit. I know lowering the count might increase the chance of not having much energy once you pull off a Maxie, but 10 with 3 strong is a little much for a low Pokemon count of 11.

If I've learned anything in the TCG it's that a Pokemon count and an energy count Have to compliment each other, otherwise you'll be dead drawing energy for a few turns. So overall just decrease the fighting type energy count to 8 or 7 and you'll be fine.

Another thing that I thought was good is that you have 4 T-Mail because you can bluff T-Mails, sadly you can't bluff seekers so that's a bummer.

Okay, it was a dumb question, but still... it should have the strategy in the post

The title of the thread is called: Maxie's Rampardos, anything Maxie or Archie is assumed to use Maxie Or Archie to grab a stage 1 Pokemon that is Fighting or Water from discard for a deck, it's just common knowledge.

The title of the thread is called: Maxie's Rampardos, anything Maxie or Archie is assumed to use Maxie Or Archie to grab a stage 1 Pokemon that is Fighting or Water from discard for a deck, it's just common knowledge.
Okay, but is it turbo rampardos, where you hit with rampardos from t1 onward, or buzzwole with rampardos?

Okay, but is it turbo rampardos, where you hit with rampardos from t1 onward, or buzzwole with rampardos?

The idea is to maxies out a rampardos by turn 2 and either put 1 energy to KO zoroarks if the opponent has them or use elixirs to try and take ohko's on basic EX/GX's with the second attack (which auto KOs basics)

The idea is to maxies out a rampardos by turn 2 and either put 1 energy to KO zoroarks if the opponent has them or use elixirs to try and take ohko's on basic EX/GX's with the second attack (which auto KOs basics)

This description is pretty spot - on except for the fact that Max Elixir only charges Basic Pokemon up and is used as fuel to burn (Or usable for Buzzwole GX).

I would run 4 strong. Only other mon that needs fighting is Lele, which can just retreat with a float stone if you decide to add that. Strong energy's damage boost is very helpful to all [F] types.
Get rid of the acro bikes. I understand that you're going for the Maxies, but you can just replace them with Float Stones, Choice Bands, etc. that you can also easily use.
I would either drop the elixirs, or find a way to get more energy, though the space is already too tight. Preferrably, I'd drop the elixirs and make room for useful trainers like Korrina, Cynthia, or even Virbank/Lasers.

I would run 4 strong. Only other mon that needs fighting is Lele, which can just retreat with a float stone if you decide to add that. Strong energy's damage boost is very helpful to all [F] types.
Get rid of the acro bikes. I understand that you're going for the Maxies, but you can just replace them with Float Stones, Choice Bands, etc. that you can also easily use.
I would either drop the elixirs, or find a way to get more energy, though the space is already too tight. Preferrably, I'd drop the elixirs and make room for useful trainers like Korrina, Cynthia, or even Virbank/Lasers.

I appreciate the input, but damage is not the problem when I can use the second attack. And I don't think I need anymore supporters.

Back