Ruling mawile????

sozaitheng

Aspiring Trainer
Mawile(CG) HP60

Mining
Seach your deck for a trainer card ,show it to your oppenent and put into your hand..If that card is pokemon tool,you may attach it to 1 of your pokemon instead .shuffle your deck afterward.

i wan to ask ... Mawile(CG) can seach for supporter?

Help:shy:

RE: mawile??

Indeed, if it had come out in D/P plus, that rule would affect it. But it came out in an ex set, allowing it to search for any card, DP + or Pre DP, that is not an energy or a pokemon.

I contradict. Since we are using the rules of Diamond and Pearl, it should not be able to search for Supporters, Stadiums, and Pokemon Tools (if there will be a new or reprinted tools) because they have their own categories. It would not be based on what is written on the context of the card. Pretty much like an errata to make it short.

It has been ruled by the official rulings team, that every single card made before diamond/pearl sets, are played with the current rules of the time when the card was released. Mawile was released in Crystal Guardians that is an EX set, so it is played by the EX rules.

compendium said:
Any Diamond & Pearl or later cards that mention "Trainers" do not include any Supporters or Stadiums, even those that used to be labeled as Trainers in older sets. Pre-Diamond & Pearl cards that mention "Trainers" do include all Supporters and Stadiums from any set. (May 3, 2007 PUI Rules Team; Aug 30, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

I hope this answers you're question. Can you beleive they don't say anythign about Mawile?

Anyway, if it doesn't, Mawile can search for ANY thing Pre-DP that says "trainer". Since trainers in D/P have their own classifications (Etc Professor Rowan Trainer-Supporter), it can only search for PLAIN trainers. NOT Supporters, tools, or stadiums.

Ketchup and Mustard said:
compendium said:
Any Diamond & Pearl or later cards that mention "Trainers" do not include any Supporters or Stadiums, even those that used to be labeled as Trainers in older sets. Pre-Diamond & Pearl cards that mention "Trainers" do include all Supporters and Stadiums from any set. (May 3, 2007 PUI Rules Team; Aug 30, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

I hope this answers you're question. Can you beleive they don't say anythign about Mawile?

Anyway, if it doesn't, Mawile can search for ANY thing Pre-DP that says "trainer". Since trainers in D/P have their own classifications (Etc Professor Rowan Trainer-Supporter), it can only search for PLAIN trainers. NOT Supporters, tools, or stadiums.

Again. Yes it can. It's kinda like Mawile is blind to all the card specifications. It doesn't see the text on the card. It only knows they are trainers and it can search for any trainer from your deck. No matter if it's from EX series or DP series, as long as it's not a pokemon or an energy card, Mawile can get it. Period.

Back