Mawile GE- Perfect GG counter

abaxter94

Peach is staring into your soul
Mawile L.32 – Steel – HP70
Basic Pokemon

[.] Choose: Flip over 1 of your face-down Prize cards or 1 of your opponent’s face-down Prize cards. If the card is a Supporter card, use its effect as an effect of this attack. (The flipped-over Prize card remains face-up for the rest of the game.)
[M][C] Jaw Bite: 20 damage. During your next turn, any damage done by to the Defending Pokemon by attacks is increased by 20.
Weakness: (R)+10
Resistance: (P)-20
Retreat Cost: c

Wow. Just wow. Starting with this card can really mess up GG. What do you think?

No. It's bad. All it does is give Gardylade a free prize.
If it had a search for Trainer/Supporter attack then it would be good.

Yes, but the point is that you start with it and start flipping their prizes.

abaxter94, you've gotta understand that could be a good idea but it benefits your opponent at the same time
and that doesn't stop your opponent of doing moves like sonic blade/bring down to knock you out
and your opponent can pick a prize knowing what is there.

Maybe you'll get to flip 2 prizes before Gallade or even Gardevoir brutally murders you. Then what? Gallade still has the firepower for a few KO's y'know...

abaxter94 said:
Yes, but the point is that you start with it and start flipping their prizes.

Gallade can still sonic blade plus psychic cut for the KO.. so what if they get slowed down a few turns..

mawile is bad cuz lets say you flip up a card they need well next turn ko to mawile and so they choose to get that card wich they will so not even close to it worthy as agallade counter.

The thing that you are all missing is that gallades psychic cut attack is [b[not[/b] the attack that is used in G and G. Once he lowers the HP to 50 using the first attack, Gardy lvX comes and KO's him. All mawile does is helps your opponent know what prizes to pick up.

The only counter for G and G is cessesion. It just PWNs G and G.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh dear god

Have you never faced a good GG deck before? Gallade DOES use Psychic Cut. In fact, it's his main way of attack. He can do so as early as T2 with some Candy+DRE luck, and then you basically lost.
Yes, that strategy you name is perfectly viable and its the reason why Gallade became from a High-Tier card to The Nr. 1. But early to mid game, Gallade uses Psychic Cut to get a few KO's, after which Gardevoir mops up the remains.

Yes, that strategy of yours could work. Enjoy having your Gardy X priced tho.

Ok, I phrased that really badly,

What I meant to say was,

IN G and G, gallade can make the deck work only usign sonic blade. Yes, I run a G and G, and of course, Psychic cut plays a huge part, but the ocunter is not so great becaus royu can just get around it by using his first attack.

So, if Mawile does put the cards face up, I would be able to know where gardy is anyway :p I was suggesting an alternative strat to get aorund the mawile counter, not saiyng that it is how the deck is played currently. I know it does osund like I did, but I phrased it terribly.

Back