News Massive Spoilers About Solgaleo and Lunala Revealed by TCG's 'Alola Collections!'

Is it not possible that showing the same pre-evolution on both cards was an error, much like showing Masquerain was?
Before we actually get some confirmation of the evo line being a stage 2 via actual product release or in-game mechanics, I'm willing to withhold judgment that these are stage 2s. Seems like a slippery slope, especially knowing there are definitely errors in the image besides.

WPM why you posting this like people hadn't already guessed they were evos xDD

So it is true. Cosmog is a god. *walks away* YESS!!!
EDIT: I wonder how they will include the different forms of Solgaleo + Lunala?
Another EDIT: With this reveal we now know that they are both Stage 2, so now they suck.

WPM why you posting this like people hadn't already guessed they were evos xDD
Keep in mind, that this hasn't been officially revealed yet, and therefore people who haven't seen the datamine leaks, might not have made the connections between the legendaries, Cosmog and the Pokémon shown on the cards. And considering the casual/non-spoiler follower haven't seen the leaks, and therefore not made the connection, it definitely would be huge news to them, and should be treated as such :)

I suspect the "orb" isn't an orb at all. Given how different Solgaleo and Lunala are from Cosmog, I'm thinking it's a cocoon.

That sounds right. I know they were trying to look at a way to bring the evolution game back. I think evolving into a 190 hp stage 1 and 250hp stage 2 pokemon makes sense since. It can be difficult to evolve at times when playing against large energy efficient ex basics. The question now is what are the future hp on megas going to look like. 300hp? Or will they get away from the Mega game entirely.

Thoughts: Instead of breaks, I'd like the see certain stage 2 go to Megas cards at 300 to 340hp without loss of turn. Large GX basics I think should remain basics without evolution's and just have higher hp counts at 190. But man there might be a lot of hit points in our future. I'm not a fan of the spirit link or loose a turn mechanic.

I would like to discuss the possibilities of breeding Cosmog. Breeding is doubtful, even with the fact these legends can evolve. Box legends are meant to be one-offs that promote trading. (ex: Someone with Sun would have to find a Moon player to get Lunala). It's likely that Cosmog is Genderless and is in the "No Egg" egg group along with its evolutions and other legendaries (as well as Nidorina and Nidoqueen for some reason).

However, if Cosmog can breed with Ditto, then the evolution into a legend is likely a "fluke". The official text for Cosmog is this:

"This extremely rare Pokémon is known to only a select few in Alola. At one time, it was known only by the kings of Alola and their heirs, and it was called “the child of the stars.” The Aether Foundation is researching this unusual Pokémon, and one of the professors at the foundation recently dubbed it Cosmog.

Cosmog is very curious and shows no fear of people or Pokémon. If you treat it with any consideration at all, it will take an immediate liking to you. This personality trait often leads it into danger."

This makes it seem like, although rare, it's not unheard of for there to be multiple Cosmog. Now.. what's stopping these things from all evolving and Alola having multiple Solgaleo/Lunala running around? Perhaps to evolve, something specific has to happen to one of the Cosmog in the story of Sun & Moon that causes it to evolve. If that is the case, it may be possible to breed multiple Cosmog, but only one per game is capable of evolving.

While everyone's talking about Solgaleo and Lunala....

Masquerain go home, you're drunk XD

Well, most people who saw the leaks like me already suspected this was the case so, this is just official confirmation, not exactly a big spoiler. What I still wonder though is: will these be breedable?
I doubt it as the trailer showed that Solgaleo and Lunala are gender less (although Manaphy, Rotom, and Porygon can breed so you never know

And considering the casual/non-spoiler follower haven't seen the leaks, and therefore not made the connection, it definitely would be huge news to them, and should be treated as such :)

But I'm not talking about casual followers T-T coming from WPM as some new revelation it sounds funny >< Plus it's pretty irrelevant to bring non-spoiler followers into it when the article has 'massive spoilers' in the title xD

I really hope Professor Rowan makes some kind of cameo or is at least referenced in the game. After all, he specializes in evolution and has wondered why every Legendary Pokemon can't evolve.

Here is a pic of the basic and 1st stage evolution (plus shinies!):

NJFtB8Q

Attachments

• Screen_Shot_2016-10-18_at_10.34.01_AM.0.png
    Screen_Shot_2016-10-18_at_10.34.01_AM.0.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
That sounds right. I know they were trying to look at a way to bring the evolution game back. I think evolving into a 190 hp stage 1 and 250hp stage 2 pokemon makes sense since. It can be difficult to evolve at times when playing against large energy efficient ex basics. The question now is what are the future hp on megas going to look like. 300hp? Or will they get away from the Mega game entirely.

Thoughts: Instead of breaks, I'd like the see certain stage 2 go to Megas cards at 300 to 340hp without loss of turn. Large GX basics I think should remain basics without evolution's and just have higher hp counts at 190. But man there might be a lot of hit points in our future. I'm not a fan of the spirit link or loose a turn mechanic.

Megas arent coming back. They will make the last two mega boxes and that will be it for megas. They are coming back into the main games but not until the end, and there will not be any new megas. GX is the format now, embrace it, megas are forever gone. Thank goodness

I would like to discuss the possibilities of breeding Cosmog. Breeding is doubtful, even with the fact these legends can evolve. Box legends are meant to be one-offs that promote trading. (ex: Someone with Sun would have to find a Moon player to get Lunala). It's likely that Cosmog is Genderless and is in the "No Egg" egg group along with its evolutions and other legendaries (as well as Nidorina and Nidoqueen for some reason).

However, if Cosmog can breed with Ditto, then the evolution into a legend is likely a "fluke".

This makes it seem like, although rare, it's not unheard of for there to be multiple Cosmog. Now.. what's stopping these things from all evolving and Alola having multiple Solgaleo/Lunala running around? Perhaps to evolve, something specific has to happen to one of the Cosmog in the story of Sun & Moon that causes it to evolve. If that is the case, it may be possible to breed multiple Cosmog, but only one per game is capable of evolving.

That's what I'm curious to know too. Like I said before, I believe Cosmog might evolve according to or depending on how far we advanced in the games' plot.

I doubt it as the trailer showed that Solgaleo and Lunala are gender less (although Manaphy, Rotom, and Porygon can breed so you never know

Genderless =/= No eggs group.

Back