News Massive Spoilers About Solgaleo and Lunala Revealed by TCG's 'Alola Collections!'

DeDeNNe

Di-Denki Nitro Neon, or De2NNe. Very Lethal
Why is there a Masquerain instead of Rowlet on that Solgaleo box??
Anyways, it's nice to find out that the cards are not so OP, as they need to evolve

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
That's kinda coincidental, I literally just made a comment about this on the rumour thread.

Really interested to find out more about the lore behind them now!

Kawaki

Aspiring Trainer
Apparently Solgaleo ate Rowlet in his Alolan Collection and replaced it with a bug hoping no one would notice.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Oh no, I was hoping the orb thingy wasn't Legendary. It was one of my favorites from the Dex leak, but I don't use Legendaries. T_T

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I hope that we can get Cosmog through breeding, because my perfectionism with my Living Dex will be in disarray if you can only get one Cosmog (and it's evolution) in each game...

RealMemeHours

Doubles God
So Cosmog evolves into that unamed Eye thing, WHICH EVOLVES INTO A LEGENDARY.
MY PEOPLE, WHAT THE HECK.

Could this mean that the Cosmog in Lillie's bag is actually the legendary you capture in the game?

Does that mean you can breed Cosmog, and then it evolves into the legendary based on what game you bred it in? CAUSE THAT WOULD BE REALLY NICE FOR IVs AND NATURES. (IV training tho.)

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? WHAT DOES THIS MEANAAAANANANANNAJSNDFJASKFNHLDSHFKL.

Apterous

Aspiring Trainer
Their Basic form is Cosmog, which evolves into a currently unnamed Pokemon (below), which then evolves into either Solgaleo or Lunala.

Wait wait wait... so Solgaleo and Lunala-GX aren't even stage 1, they are stage 2?! RIP.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Well, most people who saw the leaks like me already suspected this was the case so, this is just official confirmation, not exactly a big spoiler. What I still wonder though is: will these be breedable?

MrMrannoying

Aspiring Trainer
Wait legendaries cant evolve! At least they never have, this is revolutionary!
I guess the unamed evolution of cosmog is a coccoon form which evolves depending on the version it is in.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Well, most people who saw the leaks like me already suspected this was the case so, this is just official confirmation, not exactly a big spoiler. What I still wonder though is: will these be breedable?

Maybe in this Gen all the previous Legendary Pokemon will be breedable?

My initial assumption is Solgaleo and Lunala will behave like Manaphy. They will only be able to breed with a Ditto; and you'd get Cosmog (acting as the Phione in this situation).

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
So not so legendary afterall? On the other side the one pokemon I wished didn't evolve and instead become a legendary would've been Lucario.

The bigger picture is Wailord will need to be printed yet again this time as a GX to regain the crown for highest HP by itself, once again just like it got an EX card. That is unless Solgaleo and Lunalaa are more bigger than Wailord.

The 'ultrabeasts' look terrible.

Last edited:

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
My initial assumption is Solgaleo and Lunala will behave like Manaphy. They will only be able to breed with a Ditto; and you'd get Cosmog (acting as the Phione in this situation).
Indeed, I agree that's possible. But Phione doesn't evolve into Manaphy. Solgaleo and Lunala are confirmed to be evolutions. So, I'm wondering if the new Cosmog would be able to evolve into Solgaleo/Lunala again. Because I'm thinking that maybe Cosmog and "Galaxy orb" evolve based on how far you progressed into the story. How would a new bred Cosmog evolve after the story is done? Or maybe they just evolve like regular pokémon but since this is the first time a Legendary is also an evolution, I guess anything is possible.

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
A split evolution?! Whaaaa?! I'm in love! I kinda figured that one would evolve into Solgaleo and the other into Lunala, but the fact that it's a split?! I think I'm in love! It works with how many societies view the sun and the moon as distinct yet related celestial bodies. Definitely a fan!