Mason's Lab #1: Magic Flash-Bang!

^And I have to respectively disagree with you as well. Keep in mind that if you aren't running Kingdra Prime in TyRam, Reshiram cannot OHKO Gothitelle with Reuniclus in play (unless you use Outrage with 110 damage), which will happen with a T2 Gothitelle. I understand that if they do not set it up in time, then TyRam wins, but if they get Gothitelle T2, they can leave it there to stall while building one on the bench and setting up Reuniclus so they can't Catcher up your Solosis/Duosion. I'd say the matchup with TyRam is 60/40 (Gothitelle has a slight advantage with eliminating Pluspower); whoever sets up faster wins.

Very nice written article indeed. This deck has sparked interest in my brother, and he really wants to play it, so I'll be trying to get the cards for him. I don't entirely agree with Electrode, but I see how it works. I don't personally see a need for an engine of energy attachment, but the Electrode/Twins combo is very nice. The Dragons make a nice damage sponge here, and can abuse that damage with Outrage. Good job nonetheless.

This deck's low damage output worries me, especially since i run mismagius in my current build. anyway, vileplume is probably capable of destroying the deck if it gets setup faster than the gothitelle. it is good however, and will win a few tournaments.

blargh257 said:
This deck's low damage output worries me, especially since i run mismagius in my current build. anyway, vileplume is probably capable of destroying the deck if it gets setup faster than the gothitelle. it is good however, and will win a few tournaments.

I agree. Vileplume-Reuniclus should destroy this, as it has a very similar strategy, but dones't rely on trainers. If they set up the lock, Gotithelle isn't in good shape.

I disagree. Vileplume Reuniclus wont stop Goth from setting up 5 energy on itself, or getting out its own reunicus. The difference is one deck can OHKO where the other doesn't.

If Vileplume/Reuniclus can spread enough damage to put 110 on Zekrom, it can OHKO.

dmaster out.

Vileplume/Reuniclus is (in theory) a horrible matchup for this deck, since it can one shot with a dragon.

Jace said:

But the deck doesn't have any way of self damaging unless it plays Donphan, so its able to played around for Donphan-less variants. I suppose it really depends. It's not a straight less though, that's for sure.

Don't forget Rainbow Energy. :p It's extremely possible lol.

dmaster out.

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but I've seen people start to run Mandibuzz to snipe the Gothitelle before they set up when they're still Gothoritas.

I'm curious as to how this deck will do at Battle Roads, and if people there will run Mandibuzz to counter it.

Mandibuzz doesn't counter the deck. Gothirita should only be played in mirror, because otherwise you should Rare Candy. Also, how would you get the origanal damage on Gothirita/Telle? Adding Kingdra would be besides the point, and unless it runs Rainbow Energy, the different energy type could cause problems. If you do manually evolve, Mandibuzz still can't knock out Gothirita. 10-20 damage (how would you get more on?) + 50 is 70, 10 short.

Because of this, a tech or change isn't needed.

FlamingDriscoll09 said:
I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but I've seen people start to run Mandibuzz to snipe the Gothitelle before they set up when they're still Gothoritas.

I'm curious as to how this deck will do at Battle Roads, and if people there will run Mandibuzz to counter it.

What is this I don't even?

Captoats said:
What is this I don't even?

Kingdrabuzz and other decks that run Mandibuzz have a great advantage against this deck. They can quickly KO the Gothorita BEFORE they set up.
Not just that, but you move the damage around with Reuniclus, so even if they get a Goth set up that's benched, It can easily be KO'd.

This may not make anywhere near sense, but playtest and try it for yourself.

FlamingDriscoll09 said:
Kingdrabuzz and other decks that run Mandibuzz have a great advantage against this deck. They can quickly KO the Gothorita BEFORE they set up.
Not just that, but you move the damage around with Reuniclus, so even if they get a Goth set up that's benched, It can easily be KO'd.

This may not make anywhere near sense, but playtest and try it for yourself.

None of this makes it a good counter against Gothitelle. All you did was say that it can snipe a stage 2 before it hits the stage 2 part of the build. Gothitelle easily KOs mandibuzz and Kingdra.

Sorry, I have to agree. Gothirita shouldn't be out, and if it is, Mandibuzz plus spray splash doesn't ko it, and after one ko, you can twins to get out Gothitelle, use Communication for Reuniclus/Duosion. Once you get Reuniclus, then Kingbuzz can't win. You can move all damage to Zekroms, and because of weakness, sweep the field, and only need 30 damage on Zekrom.

Speaking of Zekrom, why isn't he in here? He'll bounce Yanmega and Water types around and bump your matchups up a tad. Even if he doesn't attack, he stacks up to 120 damage.

Tyraniking said:
Speaking of Zekrom, why isn't he in here? He'll bounce Yanmega and Water types around and bump your matchups up a tad. Even if he doesn't attack, he stacks up to 120 damage.
If you break the lock you'll lose. If you did use him, it would only be to take a final prize.

Well obviously if you have the lock against Yanmega, it's no biggie, but against Blastoise, he'll snipe Reuniclus. Zekrom one shots with 5 damage counters on him. If you can't set up against Yanmega, then you use Zekrom.

Proceeding with caution as I haven't tested this...

I do like the combo to an extent. Imo it would be very close to BDIF if Electrode didn't discard the leftovers. Gothitelle is amazing - I'm not sure about Electrode until I test it. One thing I'd at least try is running 1 Research Record with it - just Twins for it and control Electrode's discard a little more. I'd imagine it to be worth the spot as it can save key cards from getting discarded - including whatever you drop for it.

Back