Marvel Cinematic Universe

Mortal_Zachary

I am... Durant-Man!
Please be careful as it contains spoilers (written and visual) about the characters to be featured and the plot so proceed at your own risk!
***No Spoilers about Ant-Man til 7/20 Please! Give people a chance to see the movie during opening weekend first!***

This thread is dedicated to the the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), Netfilx shows and Agents of Shield.
Here you can share you thoughts, opinions and expectations about them.

As a "bonus", you might answer the following quiz (the answers may include characters from comic books, other shows and media):

1 - Who is your favorite character in the MCU and why?
2 -If you could be any Superhero/Villan would you like to be in the MCU? Why?
4 - Who would you like to team up with? Why?
5 - What's your favorite MCU movie?
6- Did you see Ant-Man yet? If so, did you like it? If not, do you have any plans to go see it?

Out Now:
July 17: Ant-Man

Upcoming MCU Movies:
2016:
May 6: Captain America: Civil War
November 4: Doctor Strange

2017:
May 5: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
July 28: Marvel Studios co-produced Spider-Man film
November 3: Thor: Ragnarok

2018:
May 4: Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1
July 6: Black Panther
July 20: Spider-Man Animated Feature (Sony)
November 2: Captain Marvel

2019:
May 3: Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2
July 12: Inhumans

Last edited:
ok sure. @Camoclone

1. Tony Stark/Iron Man. His personality and the suit(s) are just cool. The Iron Man movies were gr8.
2. Hero- Quicksilver, ability appeals to me the most, except for the part where he
dies
. Villain- Loki. Just Loki.
4. Hulk- Probably the most OP one, so I think best to team up with it.
5. Both Avengers.

There's no three lol.

I'm a pretty new fan of the MCU (I only really got into it a month or so ago) and still have yet to watch Iron Man 3 & Thor (both films).

1 - Captain America. The First Avenger & The Winter Soldier are possibly my favourite solo hero films and I love his backstory and him as a character.
2 - Hawkeye, I've always been a fan of archers and he's a pretty cool guy.
4 - Scarlet Witch. Her powers seem like they'd be very fun to use against people and I can see them being very effective against enemies.
5 - Either The Winter Soldier or Age of Ultron.

1. Spider Man is just one of my favorites ever. I love his sense of humor and the nature of him.
2. Moon Knight is pretty cool. He seems like the one I would act the most like. For those who don't know him he is pretty much Batman but Marvelized.
4. Iron Man with all the cool gadgets and tech :D.
5. I really really enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy. I thought it was incredibly well done. It was also kind of a gutsy choice.

1 - I would say Spider-Man, but as he isn't in a MCU movie I will have to go with Captain America. First off, he is clearly the leader of The Avengers. Although Tony, dabbled in and out Steve is the leader.
2 -I will go with Spider-Man with this one, well simply because he's always been my favourite superhero. He's down to earth, an ordinary teenager except for the powers of course.
3 - I hope they intergrate Daredevil, within the MCU. Already AOS links with the world, hopefully DD will too.
4 - This is a tough one, there has been so many good ones. The Incredible Hulk, of which is probably the weakest in many views but I didn't see Iron Man in the cinema during release, so I went to see Incredible Hulk. I had seen Marvel movies before, all of them prior to the release but this was my first MCU movie.

1. Who is your favourite character in the MCU and why?
    As an Agents of SHIELD follower, my favourite character would be either Fitz or Skye. They're interesting characters that are constantly growing and developing, and that's really cool in a huge universe like the MCU.
  2. If you could be any Superhero/Villain would you like to be in the MCU? Why?
    Scarlet Witch. A male version if possible. Her power-set is awesome and vague enough (in the MCU) to be one of the greatest things ever.
  3. Who would you like to team up with? Why?
    SHIELD. Coulson's SHIELD, not Fury's SHIELD. It's more dynamic, interesting, and not so crazy - you wouldn't have to team up with The Avengers and feel so out of place, because the playing field is much more balanced.
  4. What's your favorite MCU movie?
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier, or Guardians of the Galaxy. The quality of both movies was really high, the content was paced decently, and it all felt cohesive and smart.

Now, since Agents of SHIELD season 2 just finished, does anyone wanna talk about that? I just watched the finale and boy, it was good. Spoilers ahead:
  • Cal's transformation was underwhelming, but at least he got good closure. I do feel like his TAHITI treatment will wear off and he'll haunt the team further down the road. And his actor was really good!
  • Coulson is now leading SHIELD singlehandedly again. Pun intended. I'm keen to see the new plane he and Fitz are working on. And Coulson let Skye drive Lola! I don't remember him letting anyone else ever drive that car.
  • Simmons is... well. I dunno. She was really good throughout the finale, and her current situation is going to be interesting to visit next season. Poor Fitz though.
  • Skye is going to be leading/building a secret superhuman Avengers! That's gonna be so cool! And Skye's combat scenes have been great - the fight scenes again the Ginger Ninjas was cool (if a little cheesy), and it's definitely showing Skye growing as an agent.
  • The Terrigen crystals in the ocean... that is definitely going to cause problems for a huge amount of people. I wonder how they'll explore that next season - will we see just the results (random supers in the world) or will we see SHIELD or Inhumans get flak for it?

For those who watch Agents of SHIELD, where do you think season 3 will take us? With the crossover with Civil War looming over season 3 and the Terrigen crystals out in the wild, there's one obvious answer... but what else might next season cover?

1. Who is your favourite character in the MCU and why?
    As an Agents of SHIELD follower, my favourite character would be either Fitz or Skye. They're interesting characters that are constantly growing and developing, and that's really cool in a huge universe like the MCU.
  2. If you could be any Superhero/Villain would you like to be in the MCU? Why?
    Scarlet Witch. A male version if possible. Her power-set is awesome and vague enough (in the MCU) to be one of the greatest things ever.
  3. Who would you like to team up with? Why?
    SHIELD. Coulson's SHIELD, not Fury's SHIELD. It's more dynamic, interesting, and not so crazy - you wouldn't have to team up with The Avengers and feel so out of place, because the playing field is much more balanced.
  4. What's your favorite MCU movie?
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier, or Guardians of the Galaxy. The quality of both movies was really high, the content was paced decently, and it all felt cohesive and smart.

I must say Coulson's SHIELD is great, it's more of a small group of friends trying to make a difference. I agree, they won't make you feel inferior they would use your talents. I have a few eps of SHIELD but we can talk after :)

Last edited:
1. In my opinion, the most amazing, dynamic character in the entire Marvel universe has got to be Doctor Strange. The moment I discovered him and his experiences with the magical, multidimensional side of the Marvel Universe, I was immediately hooked, especially since I love stories and fictional characters with a basis in magic and mysticism. Plus, he reminds me a bit of myself in the way his behavior is.
2. If I could be any character in the Marvel Universe, it would be a tie between Doctor Strange, Ghost Rider, or Black Bolt. Doctor Strange because, as stated up above, I would love to delve into that side of the world, capable of wielding awesome magic powers and dealing with problems of a mystical kind. Ghost Rider because I like the premise of his powers, but I wouldn't like the fact that I am a living symbol of Hell. I would like to be Black Bolt because his life as the leader of the Inhumans appeals to me in many ways, such as the power to destroy an entire city just by speaking (reminds me of how my class reacts when i speak, like their minds explode whenever they hear my voice, since I tend to be extremely quiet, but I can be very loud also.) The entire concept of a society of superhumans led by an oligarchy also contributes to my reasons of being in his shoes.
4. I would love to team up with the Runaways or the Guardians of the Galaxy. Runaways because I would like to experience life on the run as a super powered teen and the struggles that come with it. The Guardians of the Galaxy because of the sick adventures they have, who wouldn't want to hang out with them?
5. Avengers: Age of Ultron & Thor are probably my top two out of the ones I've watched (I haven't seen Capt. America 1 or Iron Man 2)

Back