Art Gallery MarshalBry's Image Fakes

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
Renovated July '18, old art removed. A mix of cards from old Pokebeach contests, the beginning of a mini-set I began last Autumn and cards made for fun.

Custom Mini-Set: Divine Fall
Mini-set based around graceful, beautiful Pokemon that rule the sky, mostly lines of GX Pokemon and Prism Star cards.
0b494d892e1e4219695b9a24275540a8-dcie06c.png

---

mew_prism_by_marshalbry-dcie2qe.png

lost_mountainscape___fan_pokemon_stadium_card_by_marshalbry-dcie19r.png

pumpkaboo_by_marshalbry-dcie0u5.png
gourgeist_final_by_marshalbry-dcie0f4.png

yveltal_normal_final_by_marshalbry-dcie13e.png
yveltal_final_by_marshalbry-dcie36c.png

aegislash_gx_text_by_marshalbry-dcie0i2.png

rayquaza_gx_text_by_marshalbry-dcie0xj.png

ninetales_gx_text_by_marshalbry-dcie0r3.png

vivillon_gx_final_by_marshalbry-dcie10e.png

Last edited:
wtd4Cv0.png

Shaymin here, Pichu to come next. Not as happy with the art as I was hoping, but this is all just a learning experience for me, so.

Very nice card! I actually don't think the artwork is half bad, it just feels to have a bit of a different style to it. In regards to the wording, I'd suggest you italicised things like "(before your attack)" for maximum realism. In regards to the font/placement, I think the attack/ability names are a bit too big, although @aschefield101, @Jabberwock and @Reggie McGigas would know more than me about those details.

Very nice card! I actually don't think the artwork is half bad, it just feels to have a bit of a different style to it. In regards to the wording, I'd suggest you italicised things like "(before your attack)" for maximum realism. In regards to the font/placement, I think the attack/ability names are a bit too big, although @aschefield101, @Jabberwock and @Reggie McGigas would know more than me about those details.

I've been following this guide by ashcefield101, though I do think I've got something wrong (presumably the actual image size) as none of the fonts seem entirely right (some are pure guesses).

It also doesn't help that's made for PhotoShop and I'm using Paint.net. As for the italics, good notice.

Hmmm, that's weird.

I recommend putting an actual card scan from pokemon.com that are fairly similar in content. Then, resize it and make it transparent, so you sorta have your own guide. That in addition to Asche's guide is generally how I fake myself. =)

Alright, font critiques and stuff. :p I'm just looking at the Shaymin for this one, but they go for all fakes.

#The font for the name looks a bit too wide. I'm pretty sure you're using Gill Sans Bold Condensed for the attack names, but you appear to be using either a non-condensed font or a font with improper height and width settings. Not sure what you can do to fix settings in Paint, so I'll assume you're using a different font, perhaps Gill Sans Bold. tl;dr: The font for the name should be Gill Sans Bold Condensed, 28 pt.

#The HP looks a bit small. Asche has made numerous symbolsheets with HP on them, so I suggest using one of those (Here's a link to one that would be the right size for those blanks).

#Attack names are a tad big. Perhaps they're 28 pt font, instead of the 24 pt they should be?

#The bottom text (Dex entry, Illus., set no., etc.) looks a bit off. It's not as necessary, but still contributes to a nicer overall look.

@aschefield101 knows much better than I do for all of this, though.

The cards are very nice, though! Was this a first attempt, or have you been faking for a while?

I look forward to seeing more of your cards! :)

Jabber's not far off tbh with those. One thing I haven't mentioned on the old blanks, is that some text such as the attack name needs free transform to squash it to the left slightly.

Whats been said about resizing existing cards (scans from http://pkmncards.com/ for example), lower their opacity and create text from those, using the fonts found in the deviantart resource page. This is how I've always done mine :)

Jabber's not far off tbh with those. One thing I haven't mentioned on the old blanks, is that some text such as the attack name needs free transform to squash it to the left slightly.

Whats been said about resizing existing cards (scans from http://http://google.com/.com/ for example), lower their opacity and create text from those, using the fonts found in the deviantart resource page. This is how I've always done mine :)
Alright, font critiques and stuff. :p I'm just looking at the Shaymin for this one, but they go for all fakes.

#The font for the name looks a bit too wide. I'm pretty sure you're using Gill Sans Bold Condensed for the attack names, but you appear to be using either a non-condensed font or a font with improper height and width settings. Not sure what you can do to fix settings in Paint, so I'll assume you're using a different font, perhaps Gill Sans Bold. tl;dr: The font for the name should be Gill Sans Bold Condensed, 28 pt.

#The HP looks a bit small. Asche has made numerous symbolsheets with HP on them, so I suggest using one of those (Here's a link to one that would be the right size for those blanks).

#Attack names are a tad big. Perhaps they're 28 pt font, instead of the 24 pt they should be?

#The bottom text (Dex entry, Illus., set no., etc.) looks a bit off. It's not as necessary, but still contributes to a nicer overall look.

@aschefield101 knows much better than I do for all of this, though.

The cards are very nice, though! Was this a first attempt, or have you been faking for a while?

I look forward to seeing more of your cards! :)

Thank you! I will be taking all this critiques / suggestions in mind for when I make more. I've taken a few previous stabs at fakes also, and was previously using this site to mess around at making them but I wasn't too happy with the consistency compared to real cards with that site.

Yeah that sites incredibly inaccurate.

Have you tried GIMP? It's a free alternative to Photoshop and there are some guides for the program around :)

Yeah that sites incredibly inaccurate.

Have you tried GIMP? It's a free alternative to Photoshop and there are some guides for the program around :)

I have, and I switch between using the two now and then, I just prefer Paint.NET for general things. But if GIMP has stuff like automatic text resize settings then I'll definitely start using that for this instead.

GIMP does have the option to automatically reduce text size, if I recall correctly. It should also allow transparency and special effects such as 'multiply' and 'screen', which is useful if you ever use holosheets. I think GIMP is a bit more refined, too. :)

I recommend GIMP, it's really easy to pick up and it's free! Sorry for the late response but feel free to contact me if you need regarding gimp.

Just so you know, the holosheet never goes over the Pokemon. Generally you want to cut out the holosheet, or perhaps put most of the Pokemon in front. I also think there is a more accurate holosheet... but I'm not sure which one it is.

Just so you know, the holosheet never goes over the Pokemon. Generally you want to cut out the holosheet, or perhaps put most of the Pokemon in front. I also think there is a more accurate holosheet... but I'm not sure which one it is.

The holosheet for BW/XY/ORAS EN EX cards, are the diagonal lines ones - found in the resource group :)

I wasn't specifically trying for accurate holos there, but I do now notice how much the holosheets cover so next time I can try some accurate holos.

Had another go at some (well, Glaceon-EX I did last week) and I'm decently happy with them (Delibird-EX more so).

343cd6e6e6.png
1f558d90e4.png

Edit: Glaceon-EX should say {M} Weakness, not Resistance. Will fix later.

Last edited:
Just a tip from the wording department; you shouldn't have "deck", "opponent" or "damage counters" captilised. ;)

I figured out how to do gold Pokémon so I wanted to have a go at a BREAK for fun:

99963a8754.png

Ideas for more eevee cards:
{C} Eevee - Basic - HP60
{C} Out Of My League - 10 Damage:
If your opponent plays any cards from their hand to evolve any of their Pokémon during their next turn, prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by that Pokémon.

{C}{C} Let's Grow Old Together - 0 Damage:
For each Pokémon named Eevee or that evolved from Eevee, you may search your deck for a Pokémon that evolves from that Pokémon and put it onto that Pokémon (this counts as evolving that Pokémon). Shuffle your deck afterward.
Weakness: Fighting x2 Resistance: Retreat: {C}

{Y} Sylveon - Stage 1 (Evolves from Eevee) - HP90
{Y}{C}Fairy's Fangs - 30+ Damage:
This attack does 10 more damage for each {Y} energy in play (both yours and your opponent's).

{Y}{C}{C} Hallowed Ribbon - 10x Damage:
This attack does 10 damages times the amount of cards in your opponent's discard pile.
Weakness: Metal x2 Resistance: Retreat: {C}

{W} Glaceon - Stage 1 (Evolves from Eevee) - HP100
Ability: Fresh Snow
When you attach an energy from your hand to one of your Pokémon, until the end of your turn that Pokémon's retreat cost is {C}{C} less (you can only use one Fresh Snow ability per turn).

{W}{C} Storm Hold - 40 Damage
During your opponent's next turn, if they play any Special Energy cards from their hand on to any of their Basic Pokémon, their Active Pokémon is Paralyzed.
Weakness: Metal x2 Resistance: Retreat: {C}{C}

{W} Glaceon-BREAK - BREAK (Evolves from Glaceon) - HP140
Ability: Lights Out
Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to your {W} Pokémon with any {W} energy attached from your opponent's Pokémon with Pokémon Tool cards attached to them.

{G} Leafeon (Evolves from Eevee) - HP90
{G} Energy Seed - 30+ Damage:
If each your opponent has more energy in play, you may attach a {G} energy from your discard pile to one of your Benched Pokémon. If you have more energy in play, this attack does 20 more damage.

{G}{C}Broken Winds - 10+ Damage
This attack does 30 more damage for each BREAK evolution in play (both yours and your opponent's).
Weakness: Fire x 2 Resistance: Retreat: {C}{C}

{G}Leafeon-BREAK (Evolves from Leafeon) - HP130
Ability: Forest's Fortress
As long as you have a BREAK evolution in play (excluding Leafeon-BREAK), each of your evolved Pokémon cannot be affected by Special Conditions (remove any Special Conditions affecting those Pokémon).

Last edited:
Back