Ruling Mars with one card in your deck

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
Mars says "Draw 2 cards. If you do, discard a random card from your opponent's hand."

My question is this: If I have one card in my deck and use Mars, do I get to discard a random card from my opponent's hand? As I understand it, the card basically says "Draw 2 cards. If you do [draw 2 cards], discard a random card from your opponent's hand." If you only draw one card, you're not fulfilling the prerequisite for the second effect. I know all about "do what you can when it comes to trainer cards", but I don't think that necessarily applies to secondary effects.

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
To my understanding you must be able to draw2 cards to use the secondary effect of card. I could be wrong.
We had something similar woth zorark gx ability come up. Says discard a card from hand then draw 2. The question a player had was if i had 1 or 0 cards left . Could he or she still use ability. At first you would think no you must have 2 or more to draw. But due to wording you dont need any cards to draw . You can still discard a card draw 0 or 1. Note if 1 left you must draw the 1 card but if you have 0 left you dont draw any. If there is 2 or more left you must draw 2.
So with your question and reading how the card is read i say you have to draw 2 no more no less to use secdary effect. Also to note if you wanted to use the card but opp doesnt have any cards in hand. You can still use the card ? I believe yes

Watchmaker

Ally to good! Nightmare to you!
To my understanding you must be able to draw2 cards to use the secondary effect of card. I could be wrong.
We had something similar woth zorark gx ability come up. Says discard a card from hand then draw 2. The question a player had was if i had 1 or 0 cards left . Could he or she still use ability. At first you would think no you must have 2 or more to draw. But due to wording you dont need any cards to draw . You can still discard a card draw 0 or 1. Note if 1 left you must draw the 1 card but if you have 0 left you dont draw any. If there is 2 or more left you must draw 2.
So with your question and reading how the card is read i say you have to draw 2 no more no less to use secdary effect. Also to note if you wanted to use the card but opp doesnt have any cards in hand. You can still use the card ? I believe yes

Zoroark-GX/Hippopotas deck when?

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
You would be able to do the effect so long as you can draw one card. your doing the first effect as far as you can to satisfy a condition I can't think of a good example right now but "If you do" has been put on many cards in the past and is not so literal. Of course unless your taking you last prize that turn your losing anyway

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
from the prerelease FAQ

Q. If I use Mars with only 1 card left in my deck, can I still discard a random card from my opponent's hand?
A. Yes, as long as you can draw at least 1 card you get the other effect. Of course if you can't draw any cards, you can't play Mars.