TCG Fakes Marowhacker's Text-Based Fake Set - Rifts Apart!

Marowhacker

@MarowhackerTCG on twitter
Hey all,
Just for a bit of fun, I thought I'd begin making my own fake TCG set! Constructive criticism appreciated.

What's this? A gigantic wormhole has split the skies of the Alola region, opening up new gateways to the Pokémon world! Travel across time with heroes from sunny Alola, such as Mudsdale-GX and Togedemaru-GX, visiting regions and Pokémon across the world, such as Hoenn's Sceptile-GX, Johto's Lugia-GX and Kanto's Arcanine-GX. Explore forests and cities alike, take on the Elite Four and visit Pokémon Contests today in the Pokémon TCG Sun & Moon - Rifts Apart expansion!

Pokemon:

Paras– Grass - 50 HP
Basic Pokemon

[G] Scratch: 10.

[G][C] Poison Sting: 20. Flip a coin. If heads, your opponents Active Pokemon is now Poisoned.

Weakness: Fire×2
Resistance: none
Retreat Cost: 1
Rarity: Common

Parasect– Grass - 120 HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Paras

Ability: Sparkling Spores
Once during your turn, you may search your deck for a basic [G] energy, reveal it and attach it to your active Pokemon. If you do, your Active Pokemon is now Asleep. You can't use more than one Sparkling Spores ability during your turn.

[G] Dangerous Seed: 10x damage. This attack does 10 damage times the number of Pokemon in play with abilities.

Retreat Cost: 3
Rarity: Rare

Treecko – Grass - 60 HP
Basic Pokemon

[C] Pound: 10.

Retreat Cost: 0

Grovyle – Grass - 90 HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Treecko.

[G][G] Jab: 40.

[G][C][C] Leaf Slash: 50+. Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 20 damage to one of your opponent's Pokemon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

Retreat Cost: 0
Rarity: Uncommon

Sceptile-GX - Grass - 230 HP
Stage 2 - Evolves from Grovyle

Ability: Solar Tag
If Sceptile retreats during your turn, the replacement active Pokemon's attacks do 30 more damage to the defending Pokemon this turn. This ability does not take effect if the new active Pokemon is Sceptile-GX.

[G][C][C] Ruthless Blade: 110. If this attack would reduce the Defending Pokemon's HP to 60 or less, that Pokemon is now Knocked Out.

[G][C][C][C]: Dash Slash-GX: 100. This attack does 100 damage to one of your opponent's Benched Pokemon. (Apply weakness and resistance for Benched Pokemon.) (You can't use more than one GX attack in a game.)

Pokemon-GX rule: When a Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 prize cards.

Rarity: Rare Ultra

Last edited:
Hey all,
Just for a bit of fun, I thought I'd begin making my own fake TCG set! Constructive criticism appreciated.

What's this? A gigantic wormhole has split the skies of the Alola region, opening up new gateways to the Pokémon world! Travel across time with heroes from sunny Alola, such as Mudsdale-GX and Togedemaru-GX, visiting regions and Pokémon across the world, such as Hoenn's Sceptile-GX, Johto's Lugia-GX and Kanto's Arcanine-GX. Explore forests and cities alike, take on the Elite Four and visit Pokémon Contests today in the Pokémon TCG Sun & Moon - Rifts Apart expansion!
Awesome to see you jumping into faking! Not to mention, I love your theme as it allows you to make whatever you want, really. Smart. I did notice a few wording errors I'd like to point out:
Paras– Grass - 50 HP
Basic Pokemon

[G] Scratch: 10 damage.

[G][C] Poison Sting: 20 damage. Flip a coin. If heads, your opponents active Pokemon is now poisoned.

So let's start with this one. First off, attacks usually don't say "damage" at the end of their name. The number is indication enough of the damage. Also, for Poison Sting, the word Pokemon needs to have the accent on the "e" I'm just lazy, please remember to do this. Also, "active", and "poisoned" need to be capitalized.
Parasect– Grass - 120 HP
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Sparkling Spores
Once during your turn, you may search your deck for a card, reveal it and put it into your hand. If you do, your active Pokemon is now Asleep. You can't use more than one Sparkling Spores ability during your turn.

[G] Dangerous Seed: 10x damage. This attack does 10 damage times the number of Pokemon in play with abilities (both yours and your opponents.)

Retreat Cost: 3
Dangerous Seed doesn't need to specify if it's both yours and your opponents. It should read as "This attack does 10 times the number of Pokemon in play with abilities". If it doesn't specify whether it's yours or your opponent's it is safe to assume that it encompasses all of them. Also, Parasect isn't a Basic Pokemon.

Hope you keep it up, this is good for a beginner! :D

What's this? Someone else is making fakes?! Coolio. Basically, what lorde said but also I think your Parasect's Sparkling Spores is a tad bit overpowered, ik you have to Out your active to sleep, but in some cases like Snorlax-GX or Snorlax Fates Collide, that can not only be a good thing but you can also easily get cards from sparking spores like Guzma or Olympia, etc. Even if you don't get those cards it is still a really overpowered way to setup, I think it could use a nerf or something. Other than that, nice fakes! It's great to see more people fakin'.

Awesome to see you jumping into faking! Not to mention, I love your theme as it allows you to make whatever you want, really. Smart. I did notice a few wording errors I'd like to point out:

So let's start with this one. First off, attacks usually don't say "damage" at the end of their name. The number is indication enough of the damage. Also, for Poison Sting, the word Pokemon needs to have the accent on the "e" I'm just lazy, please remember to do this. Also, "active", and "poisoned" need to be capitalized.

Dangerous Seed doesn't need to specify if it's both yours and your opponents. It should read as "This attack does 10 times the number of Pokemon in play with abilities". If it doesn't specify whether it's yours or your opponent's it is safe to assume that it encompasses all of them. Also, Parasect isn't a Basic Pokemon.

Hope you keep it up, this is good for a beginner! :D

Alright, thanks for the advice! Parasect being a basic was pretty much a lazy mistake, but thanks for pointing out the other stuff - I wouldn't have known a lot of those. I'll edit them and remember all those mistakes in the future.

What's this? Someone else is making fakes?! Coolio. Basically, what lorde said but also I think your Parasect's Sparkling Spores is a tad bit overpowered, ik you have to Out your active to sleep, but in some cases like Snorlax-GX or Snorlax Fates Collide, that can not only be a good thing but you can also easily get cards from sparking spores like Guzma or Olympia, etc. Even if you don't get those cards it is still a really overpowered way to setup, I think it could use a nerf or something. Other than that, nice fakes! It's great to see more people fakin'.

I'll probably nerf it on second thoughts, since you can grab a supporter for it - pretty much a consistent Lele. I've changed the ability that it now grabs an energy and attaches it to the active. Thanks for the support though!

Anyway, time to type out Treecko, Grovyle and Sceptile!

(I've now suddenly realised I forgot rarities, I'll do that too)

Alright, here come some more:

Spinarak– Grass - 60 HP
Basic Pokemon

[G][G][C] Grip: 10.

Ariados– Grass - 90 HP
Basic Pokemon

[C][C] Poison Jab: 30. Your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Poisoned.

[G][C][C] Pin Missile: 20x. Flip 5 coins. This attack does 20 damage to one of your opponent's Pokemon for each heads. (Don't apply weakness and resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

Retreat Cost: 2

Loving your cards so far, Can't wait to see more!
You should check this out for some of your minor wording errors if you haven't already.
Keep up the amazing work!

Back