• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Marowak Deck (Modified, although the Marowak hasn't come out yet)

foo895

Marowak Trainer Extraordinaire
This is a deck based around Marowak from Clash at the Summit.

Pokemon 19

4-4 Marowak CatS
2-1 uxie lv x la
1 mespirit la
3 Honchkrow G pl
1 Unown Q

T/S/S 27

2 battle tower
2 pokemon contest hall
2 broken time space
2 stark mountain
2 expert belt
3 bebes
2 professor oak's new theory
1 luxury ball
2 great ball
3 pokemon collector
2 professor oak's visit
2 interviewers questions
2 Marley's request

14 fighting energy

Marowak - Fighting - HP 90
Stage 1 - Evolves from Cubone

[C][C] Bonemerang: Flip 2 coins, this attack does 60 damage times the number of heads.
[F][F] Bone Impact: 20 damage. If there’s a Stadium in play, this attack does an additional 60 damage. After that, discard the Stadium in play.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: Lightning (-20)
Retreat: 1

Strategy is pretty simple. Get Marowak out, get stadiums out, Belt Marowak and attack for 100 damage for only two energy. Since the stadium gets discarded, your opponent doesn't get to benefit from it.

It could be really fast if you are lucky. You could be doing 100 damage by turn 2.

Th problem I'm having is I don't know what other pokemon to put in this deck. I looked and I don't see anything particularly helpful as far as techs go. I suppose I could put in another attacker in case Marowak doesn't work out. I like Primape SV but I don't know if it would be a good fit.

Also, I can't think of any card that lets me get stadium cards out of my deck and/or discard.

I tried to put in stadiums that would help me out if only for the one turn they are in play. Let me know if you can think of any that would be better.

Thanks for any help!

Computerhero

rouge rules
The only thing I can think of for getting stadiums from discard is Marley's Request from SF
- 1 P.O.V. or one of your other supporter's
+ 1 Marley's Request

Emperor

???
Honchkrow G would greatly benefit this deck as a starter as it would allow you to search for a decent amount of Stadiums before you start attacking with Marowak so you can consistantly use Bone impact for 80 damage for about 4 consecutive turns.

-2 Quick Ball
-2 Great Ball
-1 POV

+3 Honchkrow G
+1 Unown Q
+1 Pokemon Collector

Litdaze

Anti-Pokemon SP
Tell me why so many energies?
14 Fighting?

i think 10-12 would be nice
What do add...
Dunno :(

daviduk2000

Aspiring Trainer
theres a Beldum. i think legends awaken.

1 {C} search your deck for a stadium.and put it in your hand.

use that a few times as a starter pokemon useing him as a very temporary shield. when he dies. send out a powered up marowak and you should have a fair few stadiums aswell. thoiugh sacraficing a pokemon may not be your style.

if your remotely interested in playing unlimited then theres scott from power keepers (search your deck for 3 supporters/stadiums) but yeah thats unlimited :(

foo895

Thanks for all the input everybody.

Litdaze said:
Tell me why so many energies?
14 Fighting?

i think 10-12 would be nice
What do add...
Dunno :(
I haven't been able to test this yet so 14 is just a preliminary guess.

How well do you guys think this deck can stand up to the metagame?

Litdaze

Anti-Pokemon SP
With that HP it will be difficult, try having a second attacker
Donphan Prime, since your deck uses fighting energies

foo895

Litdaze said:
With that HP it will be difficult, try having a second attacker
Donphan Prime, since your deck uses fighting energies

I have belts in to help with the hp but 110 still isn't that great.

I was thinking about using Donphan Prime though. The only problem with that is I wouldn't want it to become the main attacker. Maybe just a 2-2 line?