MARIO question/discusion

Silver Sea Lugia

Champion Trainer
I think everyone knows what it is, Lucario and Machamp deck (theres also Lucario as a tech), but whats its bad machup in HP on format, all the way through DP/DP2/DP4/DP3, whats its bad matchup?

Serious, and nothing shuts it down cuz it runs no powers, ex's, delta pokemon. So??? I can only think of Cresselia Lv.x (whatever it does, its a psychic lv.X which can be a beast) and alakazam DP2, which i don't think will be much play. It destroys Electrivier lv.X and Ampharos DP3, which i like.
Lets Discuss Mario, and does it have a bad matchup? (cuz if i could master it and its ways, couldn't it be extremly deadly?)

~Daniel

I could see Flygon Ex (DF) beating Mario. Monarchy with the DP2 and DP3 Nidos will probably beat Mario as well (like Ex Dragon18 said). I'm also expecting most strong Psychic types to beat it next format.

Krav: Actaully, Starapter doesn't Pwn it at all. Machamp D/P can still do 60 +confuse after the resistance. Plus Power making it 70, and they have to flip 2 coins to attack. Even if it's succseful, Revenge comes out to wipe any back up.

Dragon: It may, it may. But we'll have to wait and see. Because Mario is extremely fast in set up. It would be interseting to say the least.

Jigg: Flygon d is a Casty start pokemon. No worries there.

Still, its weakness isn't what kills it. It dies to any deck that can tank there starter long enough to build up something on the bench. Mario is a great deck, that is meant to kill powers, bodies, Casty starts, do a small bit of sniping, and murder the active pokemn, ASAP.
If they can build up 2 decent pokemon on the bench, Mario is already in trouble(not that it makes that easy). Heck, my Mario beat out a Dusclop[s ex only deck. Murdered it infact, and a speed ban. Unfortunatley, mine did lose to Flygon ex d, because riolu flipped a tails. But it doesn't have allot of good, or bad match ups. The only good mach-ups it has are Casty starts and Rai-eggs.

a Good Monarchy Will prolly OWN Mario. And Even if you'r going to Worlds with Mario, Every Monarchy Will PWN you (Atleast 1-2 for Mario >_>)

Mr. Mime is not that big a threat. machamp can OHKO it so no biggy there. Again, Monarchy is an interesting matchup, but not an autoloss. it more comes down to skill.
And no, Kingdra Swarm doesn'y own mario, however it would still be a good match-up(for kingdra Swarm), because it would have an advantage. Not alot, but a slight advantage is often enough. However, Mario's sheer speed gives it no auto-loss.

freakysmiley said:
the mr. mime comming out in the next set seems like a pretty good tech against mario

Sadly, cessation crystal helps them to get around mr. mime.

Any pokemon with good amount of HP and capable of OHKOing their pokemon(or at least lucario) can beat the deck easily.

-Just me- said:
freakysmiley said:
the mr. mime comming out in the next set seems like a pretty good tech against mario

Sadly, cessation crystal helps them to get around mr. mime.

Any pokemon with good amount of HP and capable of OHKOing their pokemon(or at least lucario) can beat the deck easily.

Again, as a player of the deck, I have to disagree. Machamp's second attack can destroy almost any thing, with 1 plus power, it does either 70 for 3 energy(better then most stage 2's) or 100 and confusion. Plus it can do a 1 energy 70 if your pokemon gets KO'ed. So again, brute force will not stop Mario, luck, strategy and planning will.

Master of the six kings said:
Again, as a player of the deck, I have to disagree. Machamp's second attack can destroy almost any thing, with 1 plus power, it does either 70 for 3 energy(better then most stage 2's) or 100 and confusion. Plus it can do a 1 energy 70 if your pokemon gets KO'ed. So again, brute force will not stop Mario, luck, strategy and planning will.

A machamp with 3 energy! wow...

My friend that has been playing mario since the start of battle roads hardly gets to play 3 fighting energy on a machamp, that only works against pretty bad starts or against begginers.
A scramble? I dont think so, since you KO in early game.
DRE decreases your damage, you'll hardly have 2 pluspowers + DRE to do the 100, doing less leaves an infernape alive.

There are many bulky/hard hitter pokemon that will give mario some trouble in next season...scramble energy is one of the deck's biggest threads.

Why use mario, there are better pokemon than machamp.

well, i've been playing since the start of BR's too, and i've only ever had to use DRE on the PK's Machamp. And yes, I'm not saying that the deck is unbeatable, i'm just saying that you can't really counter it, and most "hard hitting/bulky pokemon take too long to set up.

Why not use mario, there are worse Pokemon then Machamp ^_^ But hey, that's my experiecne, and I play a rather odd version of the deck anyway. I like it, and it seems to work for me. Shame it's gonna die when lake Barrier comes out. Flygon does 160 to machamp for 3 -_-

Thanx guys for the posts, i read all of it!
Yes, CC destroys Kingdra Swarm, plus its lightning speed. I don't think it has slight advantage, bt ok.
And also, Flygon Ex isn't even that popular! With CC, it destroys sand damadge + Nido DF's invitation. Plus they might not run lake barrier! + It takes awhile for them to get out Flygon Ex (d) (without tran + other cards going out) so lightning speed of MARIO destroys. Plus there H.Casty's go (double weakness). If they do get out Flygon (d) ex, Revenge + Scramble is the way to go.

And thank you Master Of The Six Kings, you have done most of the talking, lol
And I also play Mario, and sence most of the next format is Infercatty + Empoleon or Torterra + MARIO + Trainer-Lock + Garchomp DP2, I will tech in as much as i can to destroy these decks. BB already takes out Garchomp DP2, and Infercattys Delcatty set-up (Crystal shard on garchomp) CC gets in the way of most decks anyway. Trainer-Lock is so FRIGGEN slow, no trouble there!
I'm working on it thoe, these are just vague sugestions. Thanks for discusing guys, lets keep it up!
(Another Question: Should MARIO run Lake Barrier? What knew trainer cards in the DP/DP2/DP3 work with MARIO?) [HP-ON]

~Daniel

Answer, no. Royality and Flygon varients already reck havoc on it, Lake Barrier is like surrendering. there really aren't many new trainers that do anything to help Mario, though TG's mars is fun (you draw 2 cards, then discard 1 card in your opponent's hand).

Back