~Mario Kart DS + Wii Racing League~ [Closed... For now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porygon-X

There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1
mariokartleague.png

Welcome to the Mario Kart Racing League!

What we do here:

This league is for discussing Mario Kart DS/Wii in general, and hosting races, which will be described later. But first, lest go over the rules.

The League Rules:

Rule # 1) Do not post here if you don't have the Mario Kart DS or Wii game. (With the only exception being Mods, of course.):D

Rule # 2) Per the Group rules, you must PM me or pokemaister899 your application if you wish to join this wonderful league. The application can be found below.

Rule # 3) You must follow The Group Rules

Rule # 4) When organizing times to race, ALWAYS QUOTE THE MEMBER YOU ARE WORKING WITH. I cannot stress the importance of this rule enough.

Rule # 5) Please, do not spam in this thread. Any and all posts that I consider spam will be reported to a Mod. Spam posts are posts that do not have any discussion value or don't contribute to the discussion at hand.

Here are some post examples if the discussion is about the best character:

Bad Poster said:
yoshi pwns, he iz BEAST. lolzorzzz

This post is bad because:

1) He doesn't describe why he thinks the way he does.
2) He uses terrible grammar.
3) And it doesn't really contribute to the topic that is being discussed.

This post would be reported, and you would receive a warning.

Excellent Poster said:
I think Yoshi is the best character, because:
<Insert Valid Reasoning Here>

This one is better because the poster:

1) Uses reasoning and logic when describing why he thinks that way.
2) Uses good grammar.
3) And contributes to the topic of which is being discussed.

Rule # 6) If you post here, you must post with good grammar. I want to see proper capitalization, proper spacing, proper spelling(I'll give a little slack here), and proper punctuation. IF YOU DO NOT, I WILL NOT HESITATE TO GIVE YOU A WARNING.

Rule # 7) When posting here, please specify what game your talking about. This is to avoid confusion.

If you break any one of these rules, you will be given a slap on the back of the hand, and a warning. If you break another, you will be given a second warning, and will be unable to receive any prizes given out by this league. Upon the third rule broken, you will be banned from the league, and any races hosted by it.

DS

The DS Application:

When sending your application, please specify you want to join the DS side. The Wii application is below. (Way below)

Code:
1)Your PokeBeach user name.

2)Your name in Mario Kart DS.

3)Your Mario Kart Friend Code.

4)Your favorite color.

In order to even send this application you must:

1)Be and active member.

2)Have and is able to use a Wi-Fi connection with their Mario Kart DS Game.

3)And be a good sport.

Please fill out every question in the application, otherwise it'll be denied.

Current Discussion:

The Current Discussion said:
Kart tiers. What do you think of them? Do you agree with how they have ranked the karts? Also, do you think the tiers should be taken into consideration with the Hosted Races?

Ok! Now on to the racing stuff!

Here is how the races will work. There are two types of races. Free race, and Hosted race. There is a ranking system, of which will be explained later.

Hosted Race

A hosted race is a race that is put on once every other week or so. A hosted race will be worth more points for your rank than a Free race. If you are in the league, you are automatically signed up for the race. There will be pairings, of which will be random amongst the same rank. Once you see your name on the pairing board, you will have 5 days to organize the race with your opponent. You will post here to organize times to race. There will often be multiple people trying to organize times in the thread, so use the quote button when organizing as rule #4 states. Once you race, you each must post back here, saying who won. If one of you doesn't post who won, the one who did post gets the win automatically, even if they lost in the actual race. If both of the racers don't post who won, the race is nullified. The rules for the race, and course to be raced on will be posted when the race is up. You can find the current Hosted Race section below.

Free Race

A free race is a race that you organize your self. In order to do so, you must post in the thread saying you want to race. You must also post the rules in which to be raced under, and any courses you would like to race on. If you want to race someone who posted saying they want to race, you must QUOTE them, and say you will race them. There must not be more than 5 race requests at a time. I don't want 50 different people with open requests at once. Please note that free races will not be worth as many points as the Hosted Race. Once you race, you each must post back here, saying who won. If one of you doesn't post who won, the one who did post gets the win automatically, even if they lost in the actual race. If both of the racers don't post who won, the race it nullified.

Ranking System:

The ranking system is handled by points. You earn points by winning races. If you race against a higher rank then you, and beat him/her, you receive more points than usual. There are three ranks. Green Shell being the lowest, Red Shell being higher than the green shell, and Blue Shell being the highest. In a Hosted Race, those of the same rank will be pit against each other. Once you join, you are automatically in the Green Shell rank. Once you reach 25 points, you will be ranked Red Shell. Upon reaching 50 points, you will be in the Blue Shell rank.

If you win a Hosted Race, you will receive 10 points.

If you win a Free Race against a Green Shell, and you are a Green Shell, you will receive 3 points.

If you win a Free Race against a Red Shell, and you are a Green Shell, you will receive 5 points.

If you win a Free Race against a Blue Shell, and you are a Green Shell, you will receive a grand total of 8 points.

If you win a Free Race against a Green Shell, and you are a Red Shell, you will receive 2 points.

If you win a Free Race against a Red Shell, and you are a Red Shell, you will receive 3 points.

If you win a Free Race against a Blue Shell, and you are a Red Shell, you will receive 5 points.

If you win a Free Race against a Green Shell, and you are a Blue Shell, you will receive 1 point.

If you win a Free Race against a Red Shell, and you are a Blue Shell, you will receive 2 points.

If you win a Free Race against a Blue Shell, and you are a Blue Shell, you will receive 5 points.

Current League Members:

Code:
1)Your PokeBeach user name. - Porygon-X

2)Your name in Mario Kart DS. - 0Nate0

3)Your Mario Kart Friend Code. - 464097107277

4)Your favorite color. - Orange

1)Your PokeBeach user name. - Chariblaze

2)Your name in Mario Kart DS. - Flamer

3)Your Mario Kart Friend Code. - 4254-4415-3426

4)Your favorite color. - Green 

1)Your PokeBeach Username. - Gary Walsh

2)Your name in Mario Kart DS. - Joe

3)Your Mario Kart Friend Code. - 1332.1626.9293

4)Your favorite color. - Blue

1)Your PokeBach Username. - Timeshift

2)Your name in Mario Kart DS. - Dan

3)Your Mario Kart Friend Code. - 292183010175

4)Your favorite color. - Blue

1)Your PokeBeach user name. - Afro-G

2)Your name in Mario Kart DS. - Capt.Afro

3)Your Mario Kart Friend Code. - 528502221052

4)Your favorite color. - Red 

1)Your PokeBeach user name. SatiSuicune

2)Your name in Mario Kart DS. I think my name is SatiSuicun (Can't fit the last e)

3)Your Mario Kart Friend Code. 313772-560546

4)Your favorite color. Blue 

Pokebeach username: pr3y4death

Mario kart name: stolz

Mario kart friend code: 3352.0865.0462

Favorite color: Red

1)Your PokeBeach user name. Tyraniking

2)Your name in Mario Kart DS. \T/

3)Your Mario Kart Friend Code. 391058995137 

4)Your favorite color. Lime Green (My emblem is cyan lightning bolt in case you were wondering.)

1)Your PokeBeach user name. Aquastar

2)Your name in Mario Kart DS. Aquastar

3)Your Mario Kart Friend Code. 494227112370

4)Your favorite color. Blue

Want to be part of the fun? Read the rules, and send the application above in a PM to me!

Member Ranks:

mkrlleaderbanner.png

Porygon-X

mkrlcoleaderbanner.png

pokemaister899

mkrlblueshellbanner.png

None. Race to be the first Blue Shell!

mkrlredshellbanner.png

None. Race to be the first Red Shell!

mkrlgreenshellbanner.png

Porygon-X - 9 Points (I can race if I want to....)
Chariblaze - 0 Points
Gary Walsh - 19 Points
Timeshift - 13 Points
Afro-G - 0 Points
SatiSuicune - 0 Points
pr3y4death - 0 Points
Tyraniking - 0 Points
Aquastar - 0 Points

Current Hosted Race:

None

When you connect, race the set track 4 times (to make a full match). Then, post who won the match of 4 races here. You have 5 days to organize times to race with your opponent. If anyone disconnects, the disconnectee will lose the match.

The track to be raced on is:

TBA

Have fun, and good luck racers!

Current Free Race Requests:

Chariblaze - Any course.

Wii

Welcome to the Mario Kart Wii section of the Mario Kart Racing League, led by Pokemaister899. Here in this section we discuss about things that has to do with Mario Kart Wii. To avoid confusion with discussion with people who are discussing about Mario Kart DS, please put on your post "Wii Discussion". Thank you.

Form

Please PM this form to Pokemaister899.

Username:
Friend Code:
VR(Versus Rank):
BR(Battle Rank):
Your Main(Character used most):

Current Discussion

Why is your main your main?

Members

1. Pokemaister899
Friend Code: 0862-0433-8788
VR(Versus Rank): 4938
BR(Battle Rank): 5078
Your Main(Character used most): Yoshi

2. Tyraniking
Friend Code: N/A
VR(Versus Rank): N/A
BR(Battle Rank): N/A
Your Main(Character used most): King Boo/Funky Kong

3. Afro-G
Friend Code: 3008-5943-4553
VR(Versus Rank): 9999
BR(Battle Rank): 9999
Your Main(Character used most): (Small) Baby Luigi, (Medium) My Mii/Luigi, (Large) Funky Kong

4. Yoshi
Friend Code: 2492-8276-7081
VR(Versus Rank):
BR(Battle Rank):
Your Main(character used most): Yoshi or Baby Daisy

Member Ranks

mkrlblueshellbanner.png

None. Race to be the first Blue Shell!

mkrlredshellbanner.png

None. Race to be the first Red Shell!

mkrlgreenshellbanner.png

Pokemaister899: 0 Points
Tyraniking: 0 Points
Afro-G: 0 Points
Yoshi: 0 Points

Battles

For battles, please remember to add everyone on the member list to your friend list to make life a little bit easier.

You can ask for a race or battle but please put "Wii" at the top of your post,(usually in bold) and who you want to race or battle. Remember to follow the ranking system in the DS area and also put if you want it to be ranked or if it is just for fun.

User Bars:

Want to show off your new rank? Use these User bars in your signature!

Code:
[url=http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=85850][img]http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/7528/mkrlblueshellbanner.png[/img][/url]

Code:
[url=http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=85850][img]http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/888/mkrlredshellbanner.png[/img][/url]

Code:
[url=http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=85850][img]http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/4382/mkrlgreenshellbanner.png[/img][/url]

In Closing:

Ok! Thanks for reading!

If you have a Mario Kart, but don't think your good enough to be part of this league, don't worry! It's all about fun, and that's all you should worry about.

If anyone has any questions, suggestions, complaints, or Jawas, please post!

Thanks.

RE: Mario Kart *DS* Racing League

*Approved*

Please remember to PM Group Applications to the Group Leader (Porygon-X).

dmaster out.

Thanks dmaster!

Alright! Lets get some members, so we can start racing!

I'll vote for Delfino Square as the course for the first hosted race. I'm only choosing this is because it's my favorite out of the three, with the drawbridge and the fork.

Hey, mods are exempt from the having to own the game requirement? Cooooooooooool! :O

I used to have it, does that count? Kinda wish I still did, it was cool game. I snake. Luigi in the Egg 1 is where it's at.

I'll vote for Delfino Square as the course for the first hosted race. I'm only choosing this is because it's my favorite out of the three, with the drawbridge and the fork.

Hey, your favorite is a valid reason. Thanks for voting!

Hey, mods are exempt from the having to own the game requirement? Cooooooooooool! :O

I used to have it, does that count? Kinda wish I still did, it was cool game. I snake. Luigi in the Egg 1 is where it's at.

Not exactly what I ment about the mods can post thing, but I'm sure you already knew that. ;)

Yeah, I like Luigi/Yoshi in Egg1. Although, standard Yoshi is probably my fav, because I'd rather not sacrifice items for speed.

Oh, and if you don't snake on Wi-Fi, your gonna lose. It's a NICE skill to have. I just recently learned how, and I'll never go back. I never stop snaking on Figure-8 circut. :D

A free race, I want.
Porygon-X said:
Oh, and if you don't snake on Wi-Fi, your gonna lose. It's a NICE skill to have. I just recently learned how, and I'll never go back. I never stop snaking on Figure-8 circut.

I don't snake. Lose, I may. I still want to try. :)

A free race, I want.
^Actually, I'll hit you up on that offer. But, you have to post the course(s) to be races on, first.

I'm free to race anytime tomorrow. Is that good?

It's great, and I'm sorry for that overlook. Out of everything to miss, I missed that.

As for the courses... anything. Just random will do.

Just a quick question Porygon, but are we going to follow the standard kart tiers? I don't think it's a huge deal in terms of unfair advantages, except for the infamous Egg1 and Dry Bomber karts, which are kind of like the "ubers," if you will, of MKDS (usually anybody with even a remotely apparent skill level will automatically run to these karts on random matches, which doesn't make it a ton of fun for those who want to use a more creative kart choice and still have a chance of winning).

...And I'm gonna have to go with Delfino Square also. As fitting as it would be to do Figure-8 Circuit first, Delfino Square is my favorite original track from the DS, mostly because of the vivid scenery and the few shortcuts you can use (although the dirt path behind the buildings can be even worse than the regular route unless you have decent speed/acceleration). I'd have to put it at third place overall for me though :); my favorites are retro tracks Sky Garden and Yoshi Circuit.

It's great, and I'm sorry for that overlook. Out of everything to miss, I missed that.

As for the courses... anything. Just random will do.

Ok. Random is fine then. And, tomorrow is fine with you?

Just a quick question Porygon, but are we going to follow the standard kart tiers? I don't think it's a huge deal in terms of unfair advantages, except for the infamous Egg1 and Dry Bomber karts, which are kind of like the "ubers," if you will, of MKDS (usually anybody with even a remotely apparent skill level will automatically run to these karts on random matches, which doesn't make it a ton of fun for those who want to use a more creative kart choice and still have a chance of winning).

...And I'm gonna have to go with Delfino Square also. As fitting as it would be to do Figure-8 Circuit first, Delfino Square is my favorite original track from the DS, mostly because of the vivid scenery and the few shortcuts you can use (although the dirt path behind the buildings can be even worse than the regular route unless you have decent speed/acceleration). I'd have to put it at third place overall for me though ; my favorites are retro tracks Sky Garden and Yoshi Circuit.

As for the kart tiers.... Eh, no. Well, maybe. For now though, no.

And thanks for your vote!

Hmm... This is interesting. I have two questions, however:

Question 1: How many can enter a Free Race? Is it going to be something like 'X vs Y', or can there still be up to 8 racers in a Free Race?

Question 2: Is 'snaking' allowed?

Thanks in advance,
~Timeshift

Hmm... This is interesting. I have two questions, however:

Question 1: How many can enter a Free Race? Is it going to be something like 'X vs Y', or can there still be up to 8 racers in a Free Race?

Question 2: Is 'snaking' allowed?

Thanks in advance,
~Timeshift

1) If you ask for a free race, you can have up to four (That's all Wi-Fi allows). But, I recommend 2 on 2 because seting up times for 3 and four people is kinda hard.

2) Yes! Do whatever you can to win! (As long as it doesn't involve the AR.)

Ok! Chariblaze and I raced 3 Free Race matches, and I won them all. Nice try Chariblaze! ;)

Porygon-X won. It was more fun to go backwards then to try to win. It's not worth hurting my hands, eyes and sanity. Anyway, GG.

Yeah! I saw you were going backwards. That was fun.

I'd like to race on Delfino Square, because it looks just like Hiun City because it is a fairly tricky circuit, there's a shortcut and there's a cool place to do a speed jump! Plus I really like the layout of the track.

I'm a little bit confused; are the Free Race points counted by individual races, or by entire matches? So when you say you won three "free race matches," does that mean three races, or twelve races between three matches? I think I'm just getting mixed up with the wording here :), my apologies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back