Mareepman's 1st place with Gothitelle/Reuniclus BR report

Mokoko

Yes, I actually am alive.
Well, this is my first tournament report so here goes!

So the night before I was really unprepared for this Battle Road. I had no deck, it was getting pretty late for me, and I had to make my little brother a deck (because he's and is very new to pokemon). Since I pretty much had nothing else to run, I went with Gothitelle/Reuniclus. Before this, I had actually never played G/R but, I had watched my friend (Nizolka33) play with it many times so I kinda had the feel for it.
The next morning I was in a big rush, it was raining hard so we actually got there a tad late. But because not everyone had signed in, we were lucky enough to play in the first round.
Unfortunately, I soon found out there were only 5 seniors there (including me), and so all of us (except for LUCKY me) had to play at least 1 master. Also, since there were only 5 seniors, there was no top cut and so Swiss determined it all.

And... without further ado, here come the matches.

ROUND 1- BYE
Not much to say here.
1-0

ROUND 2- Reshiboar
Well this match I got really lucky. He started out with a reshiram and cyndaquil to my lone solosis. Later he told me that he had a double colorless energy and a pluspower in his starting hand and that he would have won if he would have gone first (LUCKY me again). I had a collector and got out my basics and had a pretty smooth ride from there. I got a turn 3 gothitelle, a turn 4 reuniclus, and soon I had a fully powered gothitelle tanking through his reshirams.
2-0

ROUND 3- Magneboar
Sadly, I started out with ANOTHER lone solosis and a bad hand. I couldn't get a draw supporter, when I collectored 1 time, my cleffa was prized, and eventually he got out a magnezone and emboar and went through all my basics.
2-1

ROUND 4- Scolipede/Mew/Muk
This match was fairly easy for me, he never really got enough energy to attack and my gothitelle hit for weakness so it was just a matter of time until he scooped.
3-1

ROUND 5- google's Deck
This round was also very good for me. I got a turn 2 gothitelle AND reuniclus, he never got vileplume out, and I got 6 psychic energies on gothitelle, basically allowing me to one hit KO everything he threw at me.
4-1

Well, thats it for the battles so, here comes the list!
POKEMON-20
3-Gothitelle #47
2-Gothorita #45
4-Gothita #43
2-Reuniclus
2-Duosion
3-Solosis
1-Tornadus
1-Zekrom
1-Pichu
1-Cleffa
TRAINERS/SUPPORTERS-30
4-Pokemon Collector
4-Rare Candy
4-Pokemon Communication
4-Twins
3- Professor Oak's New Theory
3-Junk Arm
2-Pokemon Catcher
2-Bianca
1-Professor Juniper
1-Max Potion
1-Seeker
1-Black Belt
ENERGY-10
8-Psychic
2-Double Colorless Energy

Well, looks like that's all for now, thanks for reading and please post your thoughts!
-Mareepman

Mokoko

Yes, I actually am alive.
It helps agains Mew Prime. Because Mew is one of my worst matchups, if they run Jumpluff, I can limit my bench so that they cant one hit KO me and I can one hit KO them. If I used Zekrom, I would need 40 damage on me, and I would have to limit my bench space to 2 pokemon so that he couldn't KO me on the next turn. I can also use Tornadus to attack while also getting psychic energies on Gothitelle (because he moves a basic energy to the bench).